Lazie figet di politics, come here cause mi an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie figet di politics, come here cause mi an

yuh diffrant same way . Now di other day i was perusing the papers. I saw a picture of some young ladies, one of them look exactly like one I met whilst in JA. Yuh know mi; I went and looked at the names, turned out it wasn't her but anyway hot same way. Now the one I met in Mobay told me that many guys a bodder har. I told her I'm not surprised. Can you tell me which one in this artile resemble the one I'm talking? Cho it too easy anyway. Bwoy di woman dem ah yaad nice bad. Mi still in Babylon though

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Style Lessons</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>NOVIA McDONALD-WHYTE, Contributing editor
    Monday, September 11, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=365 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Style lessons from left: Marisa Benain, Zahra Orane, Shawn Savage and Anushca Mai Walton (Photos: Napthali Junior)</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>The fact that haute couture is a dying art, signalled in the 60's when Yves Saint Laurent began making prêt-à-porter, might not be on a Ministry of Education-approved syllabus, nor for that matter, that the colour black continues to be a major trend this Fall. Chances are however, that the new set of teachers are more than a little bit au fait with these fashion notes, and as they don a pair of trousers, can explain in a heartbeat that pants as we know them today took shape 200 years ago and that actress Sarah Bernhardt was the first woman to wear a pair in public in the 20th Century.<P class=StoryText align=justify>There seems to have been a youthquake in the classroom led by men and women armed with excellent credentials and who, according to Anushca Mai Walton, "are not apologising for looking the way we do.

Style plays as integral a role in education, as do Mathematics and English. Today's student is very much part of a visual world, influenced daily by both local and international celebrities. They are part of an ever-demanding world. Is there any surprise that they want a lot more from their teachers?"

Walton, who graduated from the New School University, Actor's Studio Manhattan, New York with a degree in Film, Television and Child Psychology, and who has been teaching French language as well as Theatre Studies at Hillel High for two years, is as particular about her wardrobe as she is her daily teaching plan. "My students enjoy the way I look too and I have their undivided attention in the same way some of my teachers when I was growing up kept me focused," she says. "It's about pride in what you wear and how you present yourself."

Media and English Language kept Marisa Benain focused at Hunter College, City University of New York for four years, followed by further post-graduate studies at Mico College that resulted in her attaining a post graduate diploma in English language and literature. "My wardrobe is as important as my qualifications and I make no apologies for looking 'fierce' as I give back to my alma mater Kingston Technical," she says.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Anushca Mai Walton. Style plays as integral a role in education, as do Mathematics and English</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Sharing staff room space at the same school is Zahra Orane who holds a Master's in Education from Harvard University. Her focus is reading skills and she has guided 11 high schools from diverse communities in Kingston - from Central Kingston to Upper St A
Working...
X