No announcement yet.

This one false start rule is going to be a major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me nuh know nutten bout swimming. Me haffe leave dat to uptown bwoy like you. Me nuh pretend to be an authority on subjects that I don't know much about.

You ever see me challenge you bout Kartel or Beenie or "Chris" yet? LOL
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL! Is a good thing me know you have likkle sense cause you can play dumb when it suit you bwoy.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What is so hard to understand about that? Eediat a false start in all 400M and people blaming the rule...incredible...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          What is so hard to understand about that? Eediat a false start in all 400M and people blaming the rule...incredible...

Anybody who false starts in a 400m race - deserves to be out
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well then tough luck for him...if he cannot control his nerves he cannot be a champion...Yohan Blake and 6 others managed to control their nerves...

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Me nuh know nutten bout swimming. Me haffe leave dat to uptown bwoy like you. Me nuh pretend to be an authority on subjects that I don't know much about.

You ever see me challenge you bout Kartel or Beenie or "Chris" yet? LOL
              lol
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I was in Canada in 1996 so that sounds correct. How mant false starts occured?
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

There were two false starts, to the best of my recollections, the Trini - Ato false started also.
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

And then he makes it a part of his speech to tell people how Lindford's antics might have deprived him of a gold medal as he felt he could have won that night
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

I agree with bricktop that you need to hold your nerve... at the same time your point I-man is well taken; the 100M athlete in particular is pressurised to uphold a way higher standard than any other T&F athlete and fi dem race dun quick quick...

Anyhow, we would not be having this debate if it were not for Usain Bolting (sorry) ...nothing will nor should change as he is not yet bigger than the game... is he?

I personally thought the prior rule was a good one... I really feel it for D Chambers as he rocked slightly and was back in position before the gun... to train for literally years and "blow it" cah yuh rock nuh easy at all... in Chambers' case it dun fi him.
                      Peter R

Comment

...didn't you say that the prior rule would just bring us back to where we are now? how would D Chambers (or anyone) benefit? he has a rocket start?

The prior rule makes sense as it gives you at least the one chance to get settled... and you're back to where we are now.

What they could do if you think a Chambers will false start deliberately is also give you one chance per meet...
                        Peter R

Comment

Clearly the new rule was going to create this situation sooner or later (hence my original post). It is almost like saying a long jumper should never no-jump.

The rule should not change for Bolt. The rule should change because it is as silly today as it was yesterday and the day before that. If it takes a Bolt DQ to make everyone else realise that then maybe this fiasco will be worth it.

At any rate when you are selling seats for the London 2012 100m finals for 700 pounds a pop then you better think hard bout the rules you come up with.

Comment

Bricktop...the sensitivity CAN be adjusted so that simple pressure or rocking wouldn't trigger it..it's THAT SIMPLE. Go figure!

Comment

Working...
                            X