No announcement yet.

Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough but I would say the odds of us sweeping are about 50-50.

What do you think the relay team is capable of?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

willi ... PLEASE bredrin mi a beg yuh, PLEASE ... cut out the nonsense!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

are you calling it for the americans then i.e. 2 & 3? or are you saying that you, Historian, don't know?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Rumbar talk....we need some a dat fe lively up de board. LOL!
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Some of our women seem either behind in their run-up to London or they are timing it perfectly. I guess we'll have to see. Jeter and Baptiste are real threats plus the Bahamians and other US sprinters...

Comment

and one African dat suddenly find speed !

Comment

Our Men

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Fair enough but I would say the odds of us sweeping are about 50-50.

What do you think the relay team is capable of?
                  As far as Jamaica’s 4x100-meter relay men are concerned, if they make accurate baton passes, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they ran a sub-37 seconds race! Asafa didn’t run on the recent world record team (37.04 in Daegu) and if Asafa is fully fit, then this is the team (Michael Frater, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell) for the rest of the world to beat!

I’d like to see us beat the USA to the line, however, with no hiccups and preferably with Justin Gatlin on anchor!

In the case of the women’s 4x100-meter relay, if the USA women make safe baton changes, then no other team is going to catch them! In fact, that race might very well be won from the second leg (if Allyson Felix runs the backstretch again). Jamaica’s best bet is the silver medal, in my opinion.

Our Jamaican women lost their big chance in Beijing four years ago with that messed up pass between Sherone and Kerron. An eerily similar thing had happened to the Americans four years before at the Olympic Games in 2004, when Marion Jones failed to connect with Lauryn Williams on that second exchange!

Comment

Yes and No

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                    Jeter and Baptiste are real threats plus the Bahamians and other US sprinters...
                    No, Exile, the Bahamian women won’t be a threat this year. Their best sprinters are either too old to be a threat for a medal (Chandra Sturrup and Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie) or too young (Anthonique Strachan, Sheniqua Ferguson, Shaunea Miller, Nivea Smith) to cause us to lose sleepless nights. In fact, I doubt if their women’s 4x100-meter relay team has qualified as yet among the top 16 teams in the world that will be invited to London. This, of course, is a far cry from the Golden Girls era of 1996-2000.

The American women, however (Jeter, Felix, Madison, etc.) are another ball game altogether in the 100 and 200-meter events. T&T’s Kellie-Ann Baptiste is also a distinct threat for the gold medal.

Comment

Frater ??

What is the rational there.. ?

Comment

Working...
                      X