No announcement yet.

Bolt ranked 63 on Forbes top 100 richest sports personalitie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to know for sure I guess, but I think he has just about everything else that makes him an ideal candidate for an endorsement contract: the exceptional talent, the name (Bolt) , the personality, the clean image. I don't think its race as much as nationality.

I've seen in the past where your nationality can make a big difference even among athletes in the same sport. Hakeem Olajuwon for example never made anything close to the money in endorsements that his American all-star NBA counterparts did.

It's interesting to see how the world economic landscape has changed in the last decade though. There was a time not long ago when the thought of an Indian cricketer (Doni) or a Chinese tennis player(Li Na ) being among the top earning athletes in the world would be hard to believe.

Li Na at $18 million is in the same league as Bolt to rhatid! Again, 1.3 billion countrymen whose economic status is improving makes a big difference!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
    X