No announcement yet.

Michael Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody is claiming that it is solely based on superior genes...thanks for the dissertation though...

Comment

I hear you, just tired of hearing it, as everybody seem to keep coming back to that point above all else. Remember after 2008 our very own Dr Elliott said that to the international press, very weak argument.

Comment

I agree with you that referring to it as a "superior gene" is quite silly and somewhat dangerous.

However many of us go to the other extreme and refuse to even consider the possibility that genetic differences among humans of different populations (I choose my words carefully here) can result in variances in our natural abilities . That is almost as silly in my opinion.

For example,. to argue that Eskimos (average height 5'2") have the same natural ability to be world class high jumpers or basketball players as people of Nordic or Masai origin is , well moronic.
        Last edited by Islandman; July 3, 2012, 02:17 PM.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No doubt, I agree on that as well, their is some truth to the higher percentage claim but to call it a superior gene, brrrrr, scary crap.

Scientists can barely make our any significant difference between human that would even support this idea of race that still abounds and is alive and well.

Comment

Yeah race is more of a visual thing, what we can see on the surface.

Doesn't really translate to genetic makeup.Thats why I stay away from using racial terms when arguing this issue. Well, that and the fact that people find it difficult to debate racial topics rationally.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Are you saying you and the others that propagate a racial component can debate it rationally?

Comment

No I am saying that my position is easily mistaken to be racial when it is not, so I am always very aware of that when I am making my arguments.

Comment

Re: The Advantage of Being Famous!

...and it also allows for damn fool utterances to command wide-spread media attention and more! Johnson's comments will have 'red neck types' and their kind smirk while using as a means of justifying their racist rants and violence directed at us.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    This argument is really messed up, ok so TNT, Ja and USA have in common a slave trade connection, then what about the greatest concentrations and largest numbers of people of African descent in the new world, they also have the same background so the millions in Haiti, Cuba, Dr and brazil which those put together is probably twice as many people in the new world with African ancestry, we don't really see any sprint domination coming from those countries, maybe a little with Cuba, but not the same level of success we see in the others.

Well let's see what is the other common thread, wait a minute they are all English speaking, maybe it is the English, Scots, Irish that we inherit the sprint gene from! After all if you look at it from a sprint gold medal standpoint, gb probably is stil in top five without Christie and Ja connection, last champion being Allan wells!!! Ok just trying to make a point that these types of arguments are ridiculous!,, Or maybe it is the English language that causes it! As all those countries speak English or back to the genetic factor, we all know that every Jamaican has some mixture, we also know the average African American is 20 percent European, meaning British not to mention the people from TNT who are also very much mixed up, so this must also be a critical factor as we don't see any Haitians or brazilians dominating the sprint scene, maybe it is their Dutch and Portuguese genes literally holding back the superior sprint genes.

Wait a minute if we are descended from west Africans how come the west Africans are not dominating the scene, they have what, about 250 plus million people to draw on and the us Ja and TNT Afro population is at max 40 million, hmmm, not sure about this superior gene crap at all.

Tell you what they have in common, English based culture, which has placed an emphasis on rudimentary, disciplined physical exercise this was passed on through the school structure and thus propagated within these countries thus us elite schools, drove this development in us after start of Olympic games in 1896 and Ja and TNT wee English colonies with strong structure in this area established through the first set of elite schools created in these countries In the 19th and early 20th century, it is those structures, institutions have taken hold and with cross pollination between Ja, TNT, USA and Britain with the latter two being at the heart of world trade And Olympic movement we have been able to continue developing in this vein thus what we see today, this idea of the superior gene is as much crap as hitler espousing the superior race, there may be a higher percentage of fast twitchers in the population but to call it a superior gene is downright ridiculous mj and dr herb need to stop talking this foolishness!!!
                    Tenk yuh, sah! Mi did tink di ole a wi did si dat areadi! nex ting yuh kno Michael Johnson a guh talk bout our relatives left back innah Africa did-a run from spear and such as 'lion' ongle an wi innah di "new worl" did-a affi run an dodge bullet! Iffen a laff a dead!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dis bredda serious ???...lol...X says its becuase of the persecution we have endured, so I have been looking for some Palistinian and Native American sprinters but caan really find none.

Whey yuh geoprahphy arguement deh ?

I went through pains to dispute di gene theory and trump champs and enviroment , now yuh a come wid some sense today.

Kissteeth , if mi dig up di ole thread dem yuh look like claffy.....geography man say , now im a watch im speech because people can view it as genectics...kissteeth.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well, there was Jim Thorpe

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

DO you have even a limited understanding of the connection between geography and natural selection? Or more likely you are just trying to ignore the obvious because you do not like it's implications.

Go try find two sub 10 sprinter from Afghanistan nuh. LOL!

More than 90% of the fastest men the world has ever seen are of West African origin, regardless of where in the world they were born or grew up.

That is the reality. Deal with it and spin it how you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            DO you have even a limited understanding of the connection between geography and natural selection? Or more likely you are just trying to ignore the obvious because you do not like it's implications.

Go try find two sub 10 sprinter from Afghanistan nuh. LOL!

More than 90% of the fastest men the world has ever seen are of West African origin, regardless of where in the world they were born or grew up.

That is the reality. Deal with it and spin it how you want.
                            Taliban Champs wi seh ...losers get beheaded

Tails yuh win...Heads yuh lose
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What does race have to do with this?

Comment

It always does, Because of the FEAR we have that any suggestion of genetic differences among people opens the door for racists to say black people are naturally dumb.

That's all it is. Mosiah put this puzzle together years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X