100-meter Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    I don’t feel like saying, “I told you so,” so I won’t say it.

I have to say, however, that Strachan’s superb 200-meter championship record-setting run today is the top performance of the 2012 World Junior Championships so far (for me)! Her performance was authoritative, and her dominance decisive!

Congrats to her! She is only the third woman in the 26-year history of the IAAF World Junior Championships to win the double (that is, 100-meter and 200-meter races).
    Can dominance be other than decisive?? LOL
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

She had an achilles niggle.

What is of more concern to me is that they are wont to overwork her...

Comment

You're right

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        She had an achilles niggle.

What is of more concern to me is that they are wont to overwork her...
        I agree with you.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that she was going to anchor their 4x100-m relay in the semis. We’re talking here about a couple of hours before the 200-m finals!

Maybe it’s a good thing that their curve runner pulled up, because I can’t see Strachan running a blazing 4x100 anchor to qualify and then coming back a short time later and run the record time she did yesterday in the 200-m.

The big surprise for me, though, was Shaunae Miller placing fourth in the 400-meter race. Even if she didn’t get the gold (Ashley Spencer is no walkover), I expected at the very least the silver medal from Miller. I am glad, though, to see an athlete from Guyana medaling.

Comment

U have to understand Shaunee's motivation for running. Her family has money and this is a glamour passttime ...for now!

Dont count on her for senior glory.

Comment

Agree again

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            U have to understand Shaunee's motivation for running. Her family has money and this is a glamour passttime ...for now!

Dont count on her for senior glory.
            Lol. I agree with you again!

Believe me, this has shown itself in the past in her overall attitude and that of her father/coach. Remember last year’s Pan Am Juniors?

This approach/attitude is sad, particularly since she’s such a likeable person in addition to being a genuinely talented quarter-miler.

Comment

Evading my question

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              I agree with you.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that she was going to anchor their 4x100-m relay in the semis. We’re talking here about a couple of hours before the 200-m finals!

Maybe it’s a good thing that their curve runner pulled up, because I can’t see Strachan running a blazing 4x100 anchor to qualify and then coming back a short time later and run the record time she did yesterday in the 200-m.

The big surprise for me, though, was Shaunae Miller placing fourth in the 400-meter race. Even if she didn’t get the gold (Ashley Spencer is no walkover), I expected at the very least the silver medal from Miller. I am glad, though, to see an athlete from Guyana medaling.

Can an injured athlete keep lowering his/her PR especially 2 prs in a high level championship and still look fresh?

Comment

Not everyone...plus no comment on TT winning the JAVELIN!!!

Comment

Not evading your question

Originally posted by cmv View Post
                  Can an injured athlete keep lowering his/her PR especially 2 prs in a high level championship and still look fresh?
                  No, I’m not intentionally evading your question (lol). I just did not have a rational answer aside from my feeling that her “injury” was certainly exaggerated by her handlers. I hesitate to even seriously consider the alternative!

Comment

Walcott is definitely one for the future

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                    Not everyone...plus no comment on TT winning the JAVELIN!!!
                    Jamaica and TT showing promises for the field events.

Comment

..if they can both step up to the big league...

Comment

Working...
                      X