Oh? Jamaica face Olympic expulsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh? Jamaica face Olympic expulsion

The World Anti-Doping Agency on Wednesday night warned Jamaica it risked expulsion from the next Olympics and other major competitions if it failed to address failings highlighted by a senior ex-employee.

From the Telegraph...

Whew! I thought it had something to do with the half-man, half-donkey we are planning to unleash on the unsuspecting world!

Maybe Historian is right - let's find a better nickname for him, like Javvy, Dick or Ben. Or should we ebonicise it, like Bubba, Pee Wee or Cornbread?

Nah! Donkey Man it is!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-failings.html

How dare WADA!!!! How many "adverse findings" of USA professional athletes are made public? What say Germany or Russia? They have strength for likkle Jamaica because we have crabs who are willing to disgrace and bring down our country to advance in their public lives. Ann Shirley is an ex-employee, and as such her comments and views should be taken with a grain of salt until proven. This WADA clown should not be talking to any media house and issuing threats based on a magazine article that has not been investigated. That is the heights of their arrogance and disrespect. I don't see WADA threatening to shut down the MLB or communicating with President Obama about flagrant use of PED's in US professional sports.

JADCO needs to get their act together and fast. However, people like Ann Shirley and Dr. Paul Wright are loose canons who shoot from their lips. I guess money needs to be earmarked in the national budget for drug testing in Jamaica. WADA should just come set up a lab in Jamaica and end all arguments.

http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-ru...nned-for-kenya
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Her claims should be investigated, and we nuff fi get defensive. With the recent positive tests of high profile athletes, there are questions....
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

A comment posted:
          While I have no issue with encouraging Jamaica and any other country to carry rigorous testing. By some strange coincidence a number of Caribbean athletes from Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Bahamas were taken out of competition by positive test results.

What I do not understand is the heavy handed threats. The United States has a stellar record of drugged up athletes guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs -- not "merely" banned substances for which this recent spate of Jamaican athlete s have tested positive. Yet I have never, ever, EVER, heard WADA threaten the USA team with expulsion from the Olympics...or anything at all, for that matter.

And I'd love to believe that Anne Shirley is a patriotic Jamaican with the country's best interests at heart, but the timing of the Sports Illustrated article is eye-brow raising to say the least.

Comment

Wada pass dem place. Dyam Brite...Usain save the sport and this is our thanks???

Da breddah yah have the right comment:

While I have no issue with encouraging Jamaica and any other country to carry rigorous testing. By some strange coincidence a number of Caribbean athletes from Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Bahamas were taken out of competition by positive test results.

What I do not understand is the heavy handed threats. The United States has a stellar record of drugged up athletes guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs -- not "merely" banned substances for which this recent spate of Jamaican athlete s have tested positive. Yet I have never, ever, EVER, heard WADA threaten the USA team with expulsion from the Olympics...or anything at all, for that matter.

And I'd love to believe that Anne Shirley is a patriotic Jamaican with the country's best interests at heart, but the timing of the Sports Illustrated article is eye-brow raising to say the least.

Comment

I agree they should be investigated, and we do have a culture attacking the messenger instead of addressing the message.

However this does come across as bullying by WADA. Whose athletes will be expelled from the Tour De France for the next 10 years for the systematic doping they were unable to detect for an extended period?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Double standard.

America cover up Carl Lewis test and delay release of Tyson Gay test and nothing. Every year Russia have a passle of busts, but again no threat.

Jamaica busts our own at trials and Invit and this is the response?

WADA pass dem place...

Simple solution is to disband Jadco and make WADA do the testing...and see if they can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                  The World Anti-Doping Agency on Wednesday night warned Jamaica it risked expulsion from the next Olympics and other major competitions if it failed to address failings highlighted by a senior ex-employee.

From the Telegraph...
                  Well, if she wasn't given the position because of loyality we wouldn't be in this predicament. Clearly her action was due to her being pushed out of the position. I recall when she was appointed the question was asked here what she know about the matter.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Portia ex-friend. loL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Portia ex-friend. loL
                      They're not friends anymore?
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Look like she have nuff ex-friend! I have heard quite a lot about her.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

After she put her pon spot?

Comment

What changed in a year?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead2.html

Comment

Anne Shirley.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X