the mission and purpose of the academy needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mission and purpose of the academy needs

to be communicated to the people immediately... this is turning into a fiasco...

it appears that most people don't have an understanding of the goal of the academy, what should be its function and whom is it intended to serve...

the captain needs to communicate to the people with immediate speed his vision of what fifa's grant is supposed to accomplish...

based on my understanding (based solely on my limited knowledge of reading about other academies around the world), the academy would be a football training facility where a limited number of our most promising youngsters up to age 18 are offered real classes during the day and football training and instruction similarly to what they would receive in a professional environment in the evenings...

real accomplished football minds would deliver instructions and training to the youths, with the option of securing the services of guest instructors periodically... these could be our own past and present professionals who have played in a professional setting sharing their experiences and knowledge...

the expectation would be for some students to make it to the professional level, some would get scholarships at home or abroad and some would even make it as instructors at the academy... all are part of the feeder system at the national level...

the academy cannot be for everyone and it by itself cannot address every glaring weakness in jamaica football program... there already exists other sporting institutions in jamaica that serve other purposes in training sports instructors, etc...

currently jamaica does not have an academy that is uniquely focussed on developing the young promising talents we have in jamaica to advance jamaica football...

can we just have one...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

I still don't know what format this academy going to be. Do they have to have students living there long term? That cost a lot of money and government help is needed to do this. Man shall not live by bread alone and in Boxhill case the youngsters complained about been fed. Been a student in an academy was costly, and I know many here went to boarding school.

I suggest they have a program in place and just call the youth them on a regular basis. I have a very good friend who is a TD for youth program in Upstate NY, My former college coach became the head of an Academy in NY Jersey, I have good friends who are coaches in the Metro Star/St.Johns academy. None have residency but what they do is get qualified local coaches and set up a program and work with different communities and provide any assistance a club needs whether it is administrative, coaching, team selection or any area of their game. I hope we put a structure in place that will reach more than just 20 or 30 players at a time.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      the mission and purpose of the academy needs to be communicated to the people immediately...

can we just have one...
      Amen!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Man shall not live by bread alone and in Boxhill case the youngsters complained about been fed.
        This happened under both administrations, but of course, you wouldn't remember that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          I still don't know what format this academy going to be.

------------

I suggest they have a program in place and just call the youth them on a regular basis. I have a very good friend who is a TD for youth program in Upstate NY, My former college coach became the head of an Academy in NY Jersey, I have good friends who are coaches in the Metro Star/St.Johns academy. None have residency but what they do is get qualified local coaches and set up a program and work with different communities and provide any assistance a club needs whether it is administrative, coaching, team selection or any area of their game. I hope we put a structure in place that will reach more than just 20 or 30 players at a time.
          Yuh seit tuh?
          I ask the question again - Is this Academy to serve the entire island?

...or, just some select few!

Can we afford not to do the former...i.e. serve the entire island?

Can we (JA) afford the latter...serve only a select few?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That has nothing to do with the location though, you realise that. It could be placed in the middle of the Portmore Mall and still be for a select few.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              That has nothing to do with the location though, you realise that. It could be placed in the middle of the Portmore Mall and still be for a select few.
              Yes!

...and, on the other hand, it has all to do with location if it is not for a select few! I am hoping for this latter - all-island benefits in many areas!

Comment

Nonsense! Is Munro or Hampton for a select few?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Nonsense! Is Munro or Hampton for a select few?

Ofcourse it will be used for an elite few...but, there is a difference when the tangable reach is 20 as opposed to 20,000.

You damn well know I am talking of 'best and all-encompassing use of the Academy'. That is the nonly way I have spoken of using the Academy!

...never as only a residential institution for a few kids and a training ground for national teams. As I have said...and, I have kept saying for these many years that woudl be a waste of money and other resources!

What really would be the difference and a Harbour View run Academy? Is the JFF going the route of Players' Agent and being a Club?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    What really would be the difference and a Harbour View run Academy? Is the JFF going the route of Players' Agent and being a Club?
                    I'll ask my friend at the KNVB Academy.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did you see "man shall not live by bread alone"? and I said in Boxhill case next. I know you wouldn't see that, it nuh surprise me, you just read what you want.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's what I like about you - even when you have no defence, you still try yuh best. Admirable!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

note to self

Mo been Sarcastic.

Comment

yuh gwaan!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X