Kenwyne Jones is best forward in league, says Roy Keane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    must...because i would to know why the best forward not leading the league in goalscoring? that is what forwards do!
    I beg to differ, the best forward is not necessarily the leading goal scorer. All things and all teams are not equal.

Comment

karl always on his team work kind ah talk with strikers

Comment

what is your criteria then....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
          karl always on his team work kind ah talk with strikers
          Yup!
          It is a fact that the top strikers, in this modern game - i.e. sans Gurd Muller the best of the old TOP OF THE WORLD goalscoring forwards - are all excellent TEAMplayers. They pass a lot and thus receive a lot!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sunderland legend: Jones shone at Spurs
            By: Gary Rowell (Sunderland Echo).

The player who caught my eye against Spurs most was Kenwyne Jones.
            I read Roy Keane's comments saying Kenwyne is as good as any striker in the Premier League at the moment and I have to say I agree with him.
            He's done brilliantly since his arrival and he looks like a quality player.
            At the moment he's playing as well as anyone and what we really need now is to make sure we're getting the ball up to him constantly, either at his feet or from crosses.
            He needs better service than he's getting because he's often left feeding on scraps and if you've got a player as dangerous as Kenwyne is then you really have to get the best out of him.
            At the moment, I'm not sure Sunderland are.

Comment

"is as good as" one of many..."the best"...one stands alone....he is good i cannot take that from him but he is not in the class of adebayor, santa cruz or drogba

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Berbetov or Ronaldo either and what about Torres?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sho nuff...there is some daylight between jones and the top forwards.

Comment

adebayor who ? you mention him above anelka ? oh please why becuase he plays for arsneal? sunderland is a struggling team in the epl that has not been at full strenght all season.... injuries galore

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Berbetov or Ronaldo either and what about Torres?
                      Ronaldo is a winger. In fairness to Jones, it is hard to tell exactly how good he is because of the lack of quality players around him. How many more goals would he have if he played for ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, or even Tot or Aston Villal?

Comment

Is he really a winger?

Jones is pretty good but to say he is the best is a faaar stretch.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=TheDread;78218]

"[QUOTE]Roy keane can talk all the talk him waan talk. That still won't make Jones the best foward in the EPL. Jones is young and good which means he has the potential to stake claim to be one of the all time greats in English football, but let's not crown him just yet, mek the man continue to earn his place before we annoint him."[/QUOTE]

Compared with the strikers in the Premier league, I agree that he's one of the best strikers in the league. If he was on squad with a better midfield he would get more goals, but he has to get credit for what he's done thus far.

"
                          One more thing, he is not yet as good as Fuller. Some of you might say he has more goals on the prem. than Fuller had, but then you would be disregarding the fact that Fuller was still overcoming an injury and was being asked to play the loan striker. No comparison
                          ."

You're right, he's not as good as Fuller. He's 10X better than Fuller and King combined. And why is Fuller not playing in the prem if he's better than KJ?

Comment

Working...
                          X