No announcement yet.

Striker leaves Chelsea for Inter deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker leaves Chelsea for Inter deal?

Well Well Well .... wasn't aware that he was still a Chelsea player.

Crespo leaves Chelsea

Hernan Crespo is hoping to stay at Internazionale after officially leaving Chelsea at the end of his contract.

The Argentine striker has spent the past two seasons on loan at Inter after struggling to make his mark at Stamford Bridge.
    Crespo originally joined Chelsea in 2003 from Inter and rejoined his former club two years ago, having also spent the 2004/05 season on loan at Milan.
    He scored 25 goals in 73 appearances for the Blues and the Premier League club have confirmed he has now officially left.
    Following former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's appointment as Inter coach, Crespo is keen to sign a permanent deal with the Italian champions.

Expectations

"I have two seasons to earn myself a place in the squad for the next World Cup and I have expectations to do so after the arrival of Mourinho at Inter," Crespo, who turns 33 on Saturday, told Corriere dello Sport earlier this week.
    "I knew Mourinho at Chelsea and he knows what I can give to the team.
    "My expectations for next season are to have more chances to play. I know it depends on me, but it's important when you work with a coach that already knows you."
    Roma had been linked with an offer for Crespo, but the forward's agent Fernando Hidalgo says the player will not be moving to the Stadio Olimpico.
    Hidalgo told Teleradiostereo: "Crespo has decided to remain at Inter next season. There is no possibility of a move to Roma."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I hope he will get game under Murinho at Inter. Murinho did not seem to rate Crespo and eventually allowed him to go on loan to Inter. I always thought Crespo was a decent striker, although he seemed to have problems adjusting to the English game.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Well Well Well .... wasn't aware that he was still a Chelsea player.

Crespo leaves Chelsea

Hernan Crespo is hoping to stay at Internazionale after officially leaving Chelsea at the end of his contract.

The Argentine striker has spent the past two seasons on loan at Inter after struggling to make his mark at Stamford Bridge.

Crespo originally joined Chelsea in 2003 from Inter and rejoined his former club two years ago, having also spent the 2004/05 season on loan at Milan.

He scored 25 goals in 73 appearances for the Blues and the Premier League club have confirmed he has now officially left.

"
      The Blues?
      Tilla, Balla and other Blues fans - Unnuh hard fi please or....?

How many games Crespo played in?
      73!

How many goals he scored?
      25!

...and he was a failure?

Well?
      It either proves the Blues people were mad...or a player can still be a failure even if that player has a great strike rate!
      Right?

Our Shelton?
      Great strike!
      Has he proved himself a success for our REGGAE BOYZ?
      I would say - Not yet! No!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        I hope he will get game under Murinho at Inter. Murinho did not seem to rate Crespo and eventually allowed him to go on loan to Inter. I always thought Crespo was a decent striker, although he seemed to have problems adjusting to the English game.

Decent sriker?
        I wonder exactly how you do make that distinction?

...are there other things missing from his game that even thought he has this great...the records would say, fantastic strike rate...his play lacks something? If so, what is this 'something'?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Decent sriker?
          I wonder exactly how you do make that distinction?

...are there other things missing from his game that even thought he has this great...the records would say, fantastic strike rate...his play lacks something? If so, what is this 'something'?
          Oh well. . . I guess everyone will have their perspective of a decent striker.

The man has played and has had success at Lazio, AC Milan, Inter Milan and with the Argentina national side. To make those teams you are not going to be a slouch. He just could not deliver consistently each time he was with Chelsea.

Still think he was a decent striker as his records record will indicate. He may just not have been the striker to fit Chelsea snd the EPL game, same as you might say of Andre Shevshenko.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Oh well. . . I guess everyone will have their perspective of a decent striker.

The man has played and has had success at Lazio, AC Milan, Inter Milan and with the Argentina national side. To make those teams you are not going to be a slouch. He just could not deliver consistently each time he was with Chelsea.

Still think he was a decent striker as his records record will indicate. He may just not have been the striker to fit Chelsea snd the EPL game, same as you might say of Andre Shevshenko.
            The truth is I agree with you on his ability to adapt to the then coach's TEAMplay...but disagree that he is merely a "decent striker". Think he is one of those that as a striker is TOP OF THE WORLD!

Comment

OK sai, let me retract that word "decent". I do agree that Crespo is an excellent striker. Somehow he just did not find favor with Chelsea and Ranieri or Murinho. Let see how he does under Murinho at Inter

Comment

Working...
              X