Jamaican players need exposure and practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican players need exposure and practice

on the different turf that concacaf opponents are using. Speed is a major factor on these turfs. I hope we are well prepared instead of using the field
    as excuse for losing.

This Jamaican team will strive on a "faster" playing surface imo...because they seem to depend heavily on out pacing their opponents in attack imo...that is why I think Canada have a better chance of beating us in Jamaica than in Canada (sound crazy right???) but think bout it....mi see Canada play and dem seem to fashion themselves off the Italian playing style, generally slow, keep the ball, pass to feet and attack together, while Jamaica kinda remind me of how Ghana or Netherlands play, maintain possession of the ball but when attacking do so quickly and create quick chances...mark my words Canada is going to play better against us in Jamaica than in Canada...as crazy as it may seem

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
      This Jamaican team will strive on a "faster" playing surface imo...because they seem to depend heavily on out pacing their opponents in attack imo...that is why I think Canada have a better chance of beating us in Jamaica than in Canada (sound crazy right???) but think bout it....mi see Canada play and dem seem to fashion themselves off the Italian playing style, generally slow, keep the ball, pass to feet and attack together, while Jamaica kinda remind me of how Ghana or Netherlands play, maintain possession of the ball but when attacking do so quickly and create quick chances...mark my words Canada is going to play better against us in Jamaica than in Canada...as crazy as it may seem
      I think you may be right..but I still see us winning a yard.

Comment

mi think Jamaica suppose to win all them home games (even Mexico)...I think this team know have the ability to peak at the right time, might be wishfull thinking but not an impossiblity (take Spain for example)...football to me like any other sport is all about momentum...and if we can build on the Bahamas game and develop some momentum like we did in the 98 campaign we will be fine...nuff people don't remember this but during the last campaign Simoes didn't put together the WC team until the final stage remember our forward line at this same time was Boyd and Lowe...with Paul Young and Altimon Butler behind them, the overseas baller them never forward till the final stage (Fitzroy Simpson, Burton, Hall)...so when mi hear people a talk all this crap bout Simoes can't do it because of the limited time it sound like them a build excuse fi the man...if memory serves me correctly last time our semi final stage was with Mexico, Honduras with young Carlos Pavon, and I want to say El Salvador with Diaz Arce (member that big side) and we come outta it even wid a hot 6-0 from Mexico and the Toluca incident. Trust mi...everything a set up better than 98.

Comment

Working...
        X