RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simoes forced to hold him corner - A money issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simoes forced to hold him corner - A money issue?

Rene Simoes let down by TG trio's absence from Reggae Boyz training
    Carl Gilchrist
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008

NATIONAL technical director Rene Simoes has expressed disappointment over the absence of three Tivoli Gardens players who have shunned the Reggae Boyz squad to allegedly play "corner league" football in New York.
    The three - Navian Boyd, Christopher Jackson and Orane Simpson - should have been part of a 24-man squad for a July 14 to 20 training session at Grand Lido Braco in Trelawny in preparation for the July 26 friendly international match against El Salvador in Houston, Texas.
    Simoes alleges that the three are in the United States playing "corner league" football, according to reports reaching him.
    "If this is true, I am deeply hurt by this," Simoes told the Observer yesterday, ahead of a morning training session.
    The Brazilian said the players' absence meant they were giving up a wonderful opportunity to represent their country.
    When contacted, Tivoli's manager Bryan Rose confirmed that the players were abroad, but said he was not sure what they were doing.
    "The only person I know about who is playing is (goalkeeper) Edsel Scott, because he told me he would be playing," Rose said.
    The three are expected to return to join Tivoli's training programme, which started last week, but Rose said he was unsure when they would be returning.
    "... For whatever time they stay away from training, it will take them that long to get back into the team. If they miss a month, they will have to train a month before they get back in the team," Rose explained.
    Meanwhile, the national squad stepped up preparation with a 90-minute training session, which started at 8:00 yesterday morning.
    Among the invitees was Nathan Koo-Boothe, whose last match was as part of the Under-21 squad which played in the CAC games in 2006.
    After breaking his leg and being out of the national programme for two years, Koo-Boothe - who grew up in England - said he was happy to be back in the squad.
    "This time I hope I can cement a place in the squad," said the big defender.
    Simoes, in the meantime, expressed satisfaction with the way preparations are going for the upcoming matches. He, however, continued to bemoan the absence of adequate international matches for the programme.
    Most of the overseas-based players will be absent for the match, which is part of preparation for the August 20 World Cup Qualifier against Canada at Toronto FC's home ground, BMO.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

These fellows continue to mash up there careers with this Bronx League business.

Comment

I wonder if Maestro would have shunned national duties for the Bronx League?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are they paid to play inthose leagues? Dem have work permit?

pr
        Peter R

Comment

The team that Hue and Jackson and most of the other top NPL players play on "takes care of them" for the summer.

Most of the other teams do not pay their players or they may pay a few, but their team is the Chelsea of the league. Coach who wears fancy designer clothes and everything.

I will make no comment on the work permit.

Comment

Wouldn't be the first.

Comment

But has it ever happened? Thanks for answering.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are they "working", especially if they don't get paid, as you said? Sepp Blatter need to see dis real slavery ova yah suh!

Stop haytin on Mandela. They make sure the players come back in excellent shape for the NPL.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Are they "working", especially if they don't get paid, as you said? Sepp Blatter need to see dis real slavery ova yah suh!

Stop haytin on Mandela. They make sure the players come back in excellent shape for the NPL.
                  Mandela pays their players.

I am not sure about that excellent shape. Chris Nicholas plays every summer and always out of shape.

Comment

yes he has.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

does it matter?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

round is a shape.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          yes he has.
                          Can you remind the Forum when this might have happened? I don't think you can!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dem likkle man yah, penny wise an pound foolish

Comment

Working...
                              X