Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Karl said there's an upcoming interview with The captain."

him fool you too?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
      Karl said there's an upcoming interview with The captain. I hope he was asked why Obrien White is still being overlooked.
      Farmah, that is a question that will go a long way in discovering the full livity. For all we know Simoes may know about him, but we don't know about it.

Comment

What utter rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        The system is a microcosm of the phobia the local powers have of anything 'farin'.. especially dem local 'farins'.. if yuh 'run wheh' stay deh, yuh cyaan have yuh cake and eat it..

This small minded mentality CLEARLY exhibited on this site by certain people exists across the full gamut of the local Intelligentsia and is a fundamental reason why Jamaica continues to be a Banana Republic...
        I have no comment on the narrow football issue here but since your comments go way beyond that....
        This supposed phobia that "local powers" have to things foreign?? .. across the full gamut of the local intelligentsia?? What are you smoking (or injecting)?

Jamaica has probably the most open economy in the Western Hemisphere and is largely dependent on foreign trade.
        Foreigners enjoy full national treatment. They can purchase land, make any investment in any sector open to locals and expatriate profits without restrictions.
        Foreigners dominate many sectors of Jamaica's economy, including THE most strategic. They own/control/operate:

The largest airport

The entire electrical power generation and transmission network

Virtually the entire banking and insurance sectors

The entire telecommunications system

The entire bauxite/alumina industry

The majority of the sugar industry

The only cement plant

Many major manufacturing operations.. Red Stripe, J Wray & Nephew, Biscuit Company etc etc etc

Vast sections of the tourism industry

Soon to be ... the national airline

etc etc etc

Even the leadership of the police services is being outsourced to foreigners

Phobia to foreigners??... get real.. this looks more like a phobia to locals.
        since the issue here is openess .. please don't introduce the red herring issue of reponsibility for the garage sale of national assets which goes on even to this day.. one is wise to your ways

If Jamaica is a banana republic as you claim the reason is DEFINITELY NOT lack of openness to foreigners. Indeed we may be too open to being raped by foreign interests....
        The reason would be the utter stupidity of the political system foisted on the majority by two warring parties and the selfish and corrupt practices of local economic elites.

Your post is outstanding in being misguided, erroneous and frankly .. stupid... to put it mildly in recognition of the family friendly nature of this forum
        Last edited by Don1; July 29, 2008, 03:31 PM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I think he really meant "local fariners". And, surprise!, I would tend to agree!

Ask HL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I think he really meant "local fariners". And, surprise!, I would tend to agree!

Ask HL!
            Not sure what he is driving at in terms of football (or posters here) but whatever that is... to extend it to reference Jamaican intelligentsia being closed to foreign influence and that being the cause of so-called banana republic status... that's ludicrous!! .. to me anyway.

plus I occasionally just enjoy hammering this guy.. to be honest.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Heh, heh.

Next ting yuh ah guh seh being raped means one is open to sex...

Clearly you have no clue about what being OPEN means...

We also get 2 Billion in remittances.. is that an example of how open we are ??

LOL !!

Comment

You are not equipped...

Don Delusional..

LOL !

Comment

Heh, heh.

Next ting yuh ah guh seh being raped means one is open to sex...

Clearly you have no clue about what being OPEN means...

We also get 2 Billion in remittances.. is that an example of how open we are ??

LOL !!

oh I see... Jamaica is not open to foreigners.

You clearly don't let irrefutable facts get in the way of your silly, misguided pronouncements.. at least you are consistent! Good going!

if a country's economy, media and culture generally is clearly and overwhelmingly accepting of foreigners and their influence as I demonstrated with facts... this is evidence that the country has a phobia of foreigners
                  how did you put it? the entire gamut of the intelligentsia has a phobia towards foreigners?
                  Remittances??

Give me more to laugh at... please.

Comment

You are not equipped...

Don Delusional..

LOL !

when all else fails... and your foolishness is exposed by facts... you find comfort in personal attacks

quite trite

Comment

Jamaica need defenders not strikers...

We can still capped Obrien White just to have him if not for the presen then for the future when players like Fuller,King,Burton retired. I am more concern about the available defenders at the reggae boys disposal. Frankly that is where Simoes should be looking because we really do not have any capable backups in case of injury etc for the starting defenders.

For MR.Chin from titchfield I just think that Jamaica was more interested in fancy strikers instead of real goal scorers in that time plus he was from a country school.

CC man ,I think Dean Weatherly kick the man down in the box a Jarrett park and the ref just run away from the crime scene .

I do not even know how cornwall reach final that year after they were soundly beaten by Knibb even after d-white,weatherly,ferguson,alexander and the rest a kick down Little Esto and no call by Refs.

Remember we have players like Leroy Barclay, Richard Henlon, Palmer(Boys Town/Vere),Fyffe,Hudson(Steths),(Shabba(Knibb),Blacks(R usea),Plummer(holmwood) to name a few.

Comment

My God you are pathetic.. the post is right above.. its not like you have to go off of memory.. and you still cannot get it right.

You make up your own version then proceed to laugh your head off...

Get help.

Comment

My God you are pathetic.. the post is right above.. its not like you have to go off of memory.. and you still cannot get it right.

You make up your own version then proceed to laugh your head off...

Get help.

I prefer memory.. the more I read your post.. the more ludicrous it appears. There is only so much nonsense I can take.... forgive me.

Comment

Your poor memory and poor reading and comprehension skills can be forgiven.. your ignorance of this liability cannot...

Comment

Your poor memory and poor reading and comprehension skills can be forgiven.. your ignorance of this liability cannot...

As I said... when you are unable to counter the facts I present which completely refute your silly and erroneous ranting... your only recourse is tracing and personal attacks.. very immature.

Your recent pearl of wisdom:
                              The system is a microcosm of the phobia the local powers have of anything 'farin'.. especially dem local 'farins'.. if yuh 'run wheh' stay deh, yuh cyaan have yuh cake and eat it..

This small minded mentality CLEARLY exhibited on this site by certain people exists across the full gamut of the local Intelligentsia and is a fundamental reason why Jamaica continues to be a Banana Republic...

utter and unadulterated garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                "Karl said there's an upcoming interview with The captain."

him fool you too?
                                Is that what I said?
                                Thought I said there has been an interview and I am working on presenting same!

NB: As I am extremely overworked it may take a while before that interview is "up"!
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X