RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will not be invited for the next WCq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will not be invited for the next WCq?

The guessing has begun. Friend of mine believes that Marlon King and Deon Burton will be left off the squad for the first qualifier of the next round, against Canada.

I think Burton will be there. He is a team player and will do what the gaffer wants. King now, well, he just seems to take his royal name too seriously. He gets into a fit if his subjects pass the ball badly or not at all. Even though he plays team most of the time, I think his other actions might be disruptive to TEAM. I expect a beheading from the Reggae Boyz team of this monarch.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Fuller (even if him 100% fit), King (might end up suffering from the Trezeguet syndrome: which is have the same playing style as Shelton but is a little less effective and he is unwilling to change him playing style....that is why Simoes did a run down Fuller because him and Shelton/King would a give defenders hell with alternate playing style...but Fuller, as skillful as him is can't play the Midfield/Forward role effectively because him can't pass good, and King definately can't play that role. Kelly/Shelton will be a good combination...similar to Boyd/Lowe i.e. ball holder/goal hound...simply put Simoes a try find him Romario/Bebeto, Ronaldo/Rivaldo like combination that will torture any defence you bring come....trust me...that's why him a look so much forward

Comment

Well, for me, Fuller would have been dropped a long, long time ago!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mi edit mi post wid my opinion why Fuller never get drop yet...

Comment

KING is the one !! Agree 100%....he might be the KING of Watford and Hull..not for the BOYZ !!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
            Fuller (even if him 100% fit), King (might end up suffering from the Trezeguet syndrome: which is have the same playing style as Shelton but is a little less effective and he is unwilling to change him playing style....that is why Simoes did a run down Fuller because him and Shelton/King would a give defenders hell with alternate playing style...but Fuller, as skillful as him is can't play the Midfield/Forward role effectively because him can't pass good, and King definately can't play that role. Kelly/Shelton will be a good combination...similar to Boyd/Lowe i.e. ball holder/goal hound...simply put Simoes a try find him Romario/Bebeto, Ronaldo/Rivaldo like combination that will torture any defence you bring come....trust me...that's why him a look so much forward
            Keith Kelly upfront?!
            ...now that is very interesting! I would not mind that bit of creative thinking by Jawge's Professor Simoes!

Yup! ...that would be interesting!

Why am I thinking along those lines?
            It fits right within my thoughts on the last campaign of using Andy "Bomber" Williams as the 2nd front man. That, I'll remind, was never tried!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What games have you been watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Keith Kelly upfront?!
                ...now that is very interesting! I would not mind that bit of creative thinking by Jawge's Professor Simoes!

Yup! ...that would be interesting!

Why am I thinking along those lines?
                It fits right within my thoughts on the last campaign of using Andy "Bomber" Williams as the 2nd front man. That, I'll remind, was never tried!

trust me Karl...mi a nuh football guru but mi know enough...mi willing fi bet say this is where Simoes head is...look pon teams like Argentina, Brasil, Portugal...them have average defenders for a world class level (no disrespect to Pepe, Lucio and Juan) but the reason why you don't see those defenders get exposed on a regular basis is because of the presence of Messi, Riquelme, Kaka, Ronaldhino, the 1000 midfielder them weh Portugal have...who all share one thing in common...the ability to hold the ball for long periods of time and basically use their attacking as the front line of defense sure we don't have that calibur of baller in Jamaica but then again...our region does not have the world class defenders that The big man dem face on a daily basis...so this time around Simoes know say him don't have a Jaggurnaut (bad spelling) defense...but him have a fast team that is in need of somebody to hold the ball and make that transition from defense to attack quick and lethal (for this region's standard)...that's why him did a try bring back Tappa...the man know wah him a do

Comment

trust me Karl...mi a nuh football guru but mi know enough...mi willing fi bet say this is where Simoes head is...look pon teams like Argentina, Brasil, Portugal...them have average defenders for a world class level (no disrespect to Pepe, Lucio and Juan) but the reason why you don't see those defenders get exposed on a regular basis is because of the presence of Messi, Riquelme, Kaka, Ronaldhino, the 1000 midfielder them weh Portugal have...who all share one thing in common...the ability to hold the ball for long periods of time and basically use their attacking as the front line of defense sure we don't have that calibur of baller in Jamaica but then ...
                  You almost had it right!
                  It is the TEAM that shares the ball.
                  It is the TEAM that "holds the ball" i.e. retain possession.
                  It is the TEAM's attacking play that is a part of its potent defense!

Great as those midfielders are...they recognise that it is all about TEAM...and they work...extremely hard to fit their manner of play within TEAM goals!

Unfortunately some only remember the 'dip of the shoulder', the 'swivel of the hips', the 'no look pass', the 'look right-pass left' or vice versa moves. They fail to see the one-touches, the move and pass, the thinking player runs and other plays, the unselfish giving up of the ball...the TEAM plays...all of which the great players have!

They fail to see that which complements the technical ability which may (often is greater than that of a Fuller) be greater than a Fuller's...but see only the technical touches which a Fuller also has enough of...

If Fuller ever wakes up and adds those plays the ordinary fans miss...those 'often forgotten plays'...he would be a TOP OF THE WORLD STAR!

...and to get back to your 'thinking'...you may very well be right that Simoes is also thinking along the path you suggest!
                  Good waay to go!
                  Respek!
                  Last edited by Karl; July 30, 2008, 09:30 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You almost had it right!
                    It is the TEAM that shares the ball.
                    It is the TEAM that "holds the ball" i.e. retain possession.
                    It is the TEAM's attacking play that is a part of its potent defense!

Great as those midfielders are...they recognise that it is all about TEAM...and they work...extremely hard to fit their manne rof play within TEAM goals!

Unfortunately some only remember the 'dig of the shoulder', the 'swivel of the hips', the 'no look pass', the 'look right-pass left' or vice versa moves. They fail to see the one-touches, the move and pass, the thinking player runs and other plays, the unselfish giving up of the ball...the TEAM plays...all of which the great players have!

They fail to see that which complements the technical ability which may (often is greater than that of a Fuller) be greater than a Fuller's...but which technical touch a Fuller has enough of...

If Fuller ever wakes up and adds those plays the ordinary fans miss...those 'often forgotten plays'...he would be a TOP OF THE WORLD STAR!

Me see what you saying and you hundred percent right, the team have to be together...but I going give you three clear cut examples supporting my opinion of why that dynamic player is essential in today's ball game...

1) Brazil - look at the state of that TEAM (I stress team), they are a shell of their former selves right now...them knock the ball nice and thing but the last couple of games that them play them look uninventive...them look like a traditional European team wid fancy footwork...them lacking the true playmaker.

2)France - there is only one reason why that French team did get kick up inna the Euros...mi nuh want hear bout the team did old mi nuh want hear bout strikers not producing. The French team that won the world cup in 98, and was a head but away from winning the last one had the similar make up but one big difference...the big man in the middle.

3) Man U - that is my side...tek Ronaldo off that team right now...and really imagine the type of ball you will see them play...

Comment

Me see what you saying and you hundred percent right, the team have to be together...but I going give you three clear cut examples supporting my opinion of why that dynamic player is essential in today's ball game...

1) Brazil - look at the state of that TEAM (I stress team), they are a shell of their former selves right now...them knock the ball nice and thing but the last couple of games that them play them look uninventive...them look like a traditional European team wid fancy footwork...them lacking the true playmaker.

2)France - there is only one reason why that French team did get kick up inna the Euros...mi nuh want hear bout the team did old mi nuh want hear bout strikers not producing. The French team that won the world cup in 98, and was a head but away from winning the last one had the similar make up but one big difference...the big man in the middle.

3) Man U - that is my side...tek Ronaldo off that team right now...and really imagine the type of ball you will see them play...
                      Can't argue with you on that. The inventive player...the creative player is necessary for any TEAM to make it to TOP OF THE WORLD! The TEAM that has done the best...arguably consistently at or near TOP OF THE WORLD without such a player is Germany!

Comment

Keith Kelly? Yow stop waste people time

Comment

Can't argue with you on that. The inventive player...the creative player is necessary for any TEAM to make it to TOP OF THE WORLD! The TEAM that has done the best...arguably consistently at or near TOP OF THE WORLD without such a player is Germany!

fi real...Germany...is just one hybrid team...them annoy me more time...one thing bout them is if you can run wid them fi 90+ minutes they can be beaten...

Comment

One thing you are right about is that
                            this Ja team is strong physically in the middle. I think the Prof. is building a
                            counter attacking team. one that can soak up pressure then turn around and relase balls to forwards with accuracy or push quickly forward (transition) The tie with CR is a display of Ja's new ability to hold the ball
                            and play keep away (science of the game). The only thing Ja is lacking right now is a problem solver, hence the attempt at reviving Tappa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              The only thing Ja is lacking right now is a problem solver, hence the attempt at reviving Tappa.
                              ...failed attempt...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X