It seems like Austin didn't get the permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like Austin didn't get the permit

that is the rumour and since the nigerian got it yesterday and his hearing was also yesterday but Stoke haven't said anything.

I hope it is not true but if its keep on trying my youth.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

He should try to go to Holland or one of the Scandanavian leagues. Brazil should be his last option.

Comment

why his last option?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would like to see our Boyz pushing their agents to get them signed in other countries like Spain, Germany, France, Portugal and even Italy. The game and skill-type of home-grown Jamaicans are more suited to type of games played in those countries; more so than in Britain.

Yes it's true, Austin was turned down for a work permit, much to the disappointment of manager Tony pulis who has worked arduously this past 18 months to bring Rudy to Stoke. But as Bob said: when one door is closed, many more are open.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Well there are short term options after that (eg. MLS)

The European leagues have a stronger structure than Brazil. Additionally, life not easy for an English speaker and a man who not going to have somebody there to help him with the cultural adjustment. Sean Fraser had a rough time in Brazil because of some of those things.

Where as in the other place you find a teammate here and there who can speak some English or you find a little cluster of yardies, over there a man might speak a little spanish and the cluster of yardies is absent.

The Brazilian option would be better than an Angola or the second divisions in Scandanavia.

Comment

Alright I see your point. However if the dollars and club structure is right he may have to think again.

Comment

Bwoy, what a way dem want come fi wi soldier dem fi send go war but them can't gi di yute a bly. Bruce need fi tell dem fi chuck off and fight them own war den. Too bad our government so soft.

Comment

http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co....356999,00.html

Comment

man oh man & when these teams get relegated everyone 'kind' words are .....bad luck.
                  why don't they give dem a fair chance ????...it disgusts me
                  “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Clafton Boxhill and his poor choices. We shall feel the effects for years.

Comment

Didn't think he had much of a chance with our lowly FIFA ranking.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I hope his agent has been working the other options open to them in the event the work permit was a show stopper for England.

I would have no problem with him going to Brazil. Although language will be a problem initially, Austin is young and the immersion into the culture will allow him to learn portugese in no time. Moreover, it is likely he will get better pay in Brazil than if he were to go to the MLS.

A part of the problem with our Jamaican players is that they are not very willing to venture outside of their comfort zones. Sometimes, a man's reach should exceed his grasp. . .

We have been seeing a number of players now going to Sweden, Belgium and Norway. In these countries, they have to contend with the language barrier too.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

As I said in an earlier thread, I credit any player willing to go outside of their comfort zone.

There is a difference between the euro leagues our players have gone to and the brazilian league. The language adjustment/communication aspect is much more difficult. I have spoken to players and attached individuals and there is quite a difference as I noted in my previous post.

If that is where the opportunity is he should take it.

Mls is an option after Brazil, unless Brazil not offering much money.

Comment

yo if this is ture the man get caught inn limbo..this is how me see it:
                            Join MLS:
                            - play in a relatively rich league that offers exposure to European Clubs, let's face it though the American players are going to be pushed to the European clubs way before anybody else and the other players will be seen as fill in. The only way a MLS player gets interest from European teams is if that player is a striker, keeper, or Sweeper....with Austin's position and playing style he is destined to be another Shallery Joseph (extremely under-rated)

-Join Brazil League:
                            If him stand out in the league...he will be in Italy or Germany after two successful years (forget about England). But we all know how hard that is with all the future World Player of the year running around.

Either way is a long road ahead for him...but them say if you want good yuh nose haffi run...even though a door look pon you a window will crack, chuck through it, chip up yuh knee a nuh nothing

Comment

Working...
                            X