The King axed....!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
    I believe in the manager and i also believe King is the best all round striker we have,i think the manager must have a valid reason for leaving King out of this squad.
    King might be our best pure striker, but right now Deon Burton has been on fire ever since he has been recalled to the JA team. He is scoring goals for fun in his team's pre-season. If his form continues he will be our best pure striker. I'm not saying he is better than Shelton or Fuller.....no. Fuller is more a combination of a creative mid and a forward...and Shelton is just blazing speed, but Burton is a pure striker.

Comment

ten years on and we are still depending on Burton to take us to the world cup...a man who is close to 33 years old. We might need more than one goal to come away from Canada with something.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Nuh di same ting wi did waan do wid Tappa?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
          ten years on and we are still depending on Burton to take us to the world cup...a man who is close to 33 years old. We might need more than one goal to come away from Canada with something.
          He is 31 going on 32, but what does it matter what his age is if he is performing better than the available strikers? Right now Burton is still in his peak (admittedly, the tail end) and should be allowed to do the job if he is capable.

Comment

Right. Deon burton to take us to South Africa...by then he will be brushing 35.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

RF, it is not the age paper whe dweet! As much as I was opposed to Tappa's inclusion during the last campaign, it was never about his age. I found that the player just did not have it anymore to earn his place on the team, although the coaches were selecting him.

Burton on the other hand, if is delivering the goods even at 40, he should be included if he is playing better than other players we have. I am really not making a case for his inclusion however. . .
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Right. Deon burton to take us to South Africa...by then he will be brushing 35.
                See what Tilla sey.

Comment

who cares about Burton's age in South Africa. Is qualifiers we need to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                    who cares about Burton's age in South Africa. Is qualifiers we need to worry about.

same thing I was thinking about...but the members of the King's Court going to find every reason to complain

Comment

Or Hue's?

Was Bibi playing for us in the early part of the campaign?

Thanks, Me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Or Hue's?

Was Bibi playing for us in the early part of the campaign?

Thanks, Me!
                        Yes Mosiah, one step at a time. Always use the best team available to you in important games. Burton or Hue might no mek it to SA, but they can help us get there.....and you never know they might still be on top of their game even then. eg Maldini

Comment

I hope for everyones sake Deon Burton steps up to the plate and deliver. Afterall, Roger Milla was around 40 when he carried cameroun on his back at he 1990 World cup finals. Or better yet, lets all hope that King returns, and that guys like Shelton, Fuller etc steps up to the plate.

Comment

Nuh di same ting di French did with Zidane......

Comment

Selecting him ?

The Coaches made him Captain !

LOL !

You never feel silly yapping about 'him did not have it' only to see the man leading the midfield under Lazaroni ???

I had a ball watching people choke on dem words !

Is a good ting Tappa couldn mek it this round... mi would dead wid laughtah

WOOIIEEE!

Comment

I hope for everyones sake Deon Burton steps up to the plate and deliver. Afterall, Roger Milla was around 40 when he carried cameroun on his back at he 1990 World cup finals. Or better yet, lets all hope that King returns, and that guys like Shelton, Fuller etc steps up to the plate.
                                you ever heard of Roga Milla ? check his age when he playedat the World Cup !!
                                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
                                X