More trouble for The Prof ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
    Yes Dunny, at 34/35 Darren Moore might not be able to cut it for the Boyz. However, the fact that Derby County FC considered him good enough last season to play for them in the EPL might say something about th eother intangibles which Darren brings to the pitch. It might not be a bad idea foe the TD to fly him in and have a look just to see if he can (even at this stage of his career) provide a missing ingredient to the Boyz backline. Especially now, in the face of so many injuries, it can't hurt to have a look.

There's another option, and younger too. Reneil Sappleton's older brother Patrick (who is now about 24 or 25) could also be looked at. He is playing in the lower English leagues and might come in very handy. I'm not sure what team he plays for now but as long as he is actively playing The Prof could take a look.
    I still beleive our most viable option is to get Nosworthy on board, thats if he is still interested.

Comment

A who a talk bout Darren Moore? Unnuh crack?

Comment

Tilla, if he's playing below conference then we might have to forget about him. Let's be mindful though, of the fact that The Prof has made strange calls before. Pepe was summoned before he even played in Jamaica's NPL, and the trio of Andre Darby, Keithy Simpson, and Keamar Daley have gotten considerations though they play in the lower leagues. A question to look at though, is how does the NPL measue up to some of England's lower leagues? There's always a gem hidden in the strangest places!

However, as Dunny pointed out our best option is to call Nuggsy. With him and Shavar Thomas/Jermaine Taylor at central defence we could hold the fort against Canada.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          Tilla, if he's playing below conference then we might have to forget about him. Let's be mindful though, of the fact that The Prof has made strange calls before. Pepe was summoned before he even played in Jamaica's NPL, and the trio of Andre Darby, Keithy Simpson, and Keamar Daley have gotten considerations though they play in the lower leagues. A question to look at though, is how does the NPL measue up to some of England's lower leagues? There's always a gem hidden in the strangest places!

However, as Dunny pointed out our best option is to call Nuggsy. With him and Shavar Thomas/Jermaine Taylor at central defence we could hold the fort against Canada.
          The youth who play for Kilmarnock, Simon Ford is a good player, playing in a good league. He is the first choice centre half for Kilmarnock.He went off injured in there 1-0 win over Hibernian yesterday but i dont think it was serious, it was a clash of heads. Things aren't as bad as we think

Comment

Mr Paw while I'm not necessarily a Darren Moore fan, I do believe there is no harm in bringing him into camp to see if he can help. In the absence of defenders like Claude Davis, Granny Marshall, Damion Stewart and possible Simon Ford, we should NOT discount anyone. Remember that calling someone to camp does not mean he automatically gets selected to the team.

Darren Moore seems highly rated by some of England's big managers so why should we consider someone "crack" for suggesting that we take a look at the defender? Granted he is considered slow and lumbering but he he has always been that way and, yet, has always been able to make the starting teams for one of the best leagues in the world. Do we have such a big pool of players and a long string of capable defenders so much so that we can afford to overlook a player of Darren Moore's experience?
            Playing for Portsmouth (99-01), W.B Albion (01-06) and Derby (06-08) must count for something! I wouldn't mind if The Prof take a look at Moore's other attributes. If The Prof says he cannot help us, then that's another story. But to write him off without having a look is being foolish ...bordering on what you consider "crack."

As negatively as some of us look at Moore, to his credit Barsnley FC had to fight off quite a few teams last month just to get his signature. I guess some people here know more about football than the big bosses at these English clubs!!
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

None of that don't matter. English football and international football different. Nuff man star inna England and come do jack-squat for us. Take Darren Byfield for example.

Comment

Okay, but what problem do you have with The Prof looking at him? Are you scared that The Prof may find him useful? I repeat, we do NOT have the depth to overlook a Darren Moore! We have looked at many players before in training camp and have dropped them for good. If that is the fate for Moore then so be it. But to drop him without taking a look comprehensive look at preposterous!

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  None of that don't matter. English football and international football different. Nuff man star inna England and come do jack-squat for us. Take Darren Byfield for example.
                  Darren Byfield is just what we call a journeyman footballer. He havent played at the highest level.The more players you have playing at a high level the better chance you have of success. It's the coaches duty to incorperate them within is team structure.

Comment

Darren Moore made stupid mistakes while playing for us. It's a close tie between him and Frank Sinclair for who has the most own goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                      Darren Moore made stupid mistakes while playing for us. It's a close tie between him and Frank Sinclair for who has the most own goals.
                      I've got to agreewith that, Moore and Sinclair never really covered themselves in glory playing for the boyz,but i think people like Fuller,Gardener,Goodison,Ricketts etc. have all benefited from playing in better leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        I still beleive our most viable option is to get Nosworthy on board, thats if he is still interested.
                        Me would a lov fi him get a run out, but the Prof. probably won't call a player he has not seen in an international friendly. Stewpeas probably get call back.

Comment

Frank Sinclair for who has the most own goals.
                          Has Frank Sinclair ever scored against us while representing Jamaica? I do not think he has. Frank only made the own goal list because he scored own goals two weeks in succession while playing in the EPL. It is funny how people want to use those two unfortunate situations to define the man's career. What about him representing us in the World Cup? How about him scoring for Chelsea in Champions League?

Frankly, I do not really rate Darren Moore. I am still surprised that so many of these English coaches still continue to show interest in him. Karl used the simile sometime ago that Moore was like an oil tanker. He drops anchor, but he will continue moving for the next half hour to an hour before finally coming to rest. Not sure if we can afford that in our defenders against Canada. I am even worried about Goodison much more Moore.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                            Frankly, I do not really rate Darren Moore. I am still surprised that so many of these English coaches still continue to show interest in him. Karl used the simile sometime ago that Moore was like an oil tanker. He drops anchor, but he will continue moving for the next half hour to an hour before finally coming to rest. Not sure if we can afford that in our defenders against Canada. I am even worried about Goodison much more Moore.
                            which leagues are these coaches in?
                            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
                            X