X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico Ripe fi a beating.

Mexico not unbeatable

René Simoes - file
    While freely admitting that the Mexicans still wear the crown as regional kingpins, technical director René Simoes does not believe them to be unbeatable.

In fact, the Brazilian has pointed out that Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will be going for a win when the teams meet at the National Stadium on September 6.

"Whenever you play at home, you have to go for all three points. We are confident and looking to go through, so we need to win our home," Simoes said following the national team's training session at Buttercup Park yesterday.

The Brazilian believes the Tricolores, while talented, are in a transitional phase, having recently secured the services of former England coach Sven-Gsran Eriksson. The Swede recently replaced interim coach Jesœs Ram'rez at the helm of the Mexican Worldqualification bid.

"They (Mexico) are still the best team, but right now they are also in a transitional phase having recently changed coaches," Simoes said.

"The team has a few excellent players, but I believe they are still feeling their way around and that can be to our advantage," he added.

Jamaica along with Mexico, Canada and Honduras have been drawn in the CONCACAF group of death, which will see only two teams progress to the final round of the qualifiers. In their opening game against Honduras at the Azteca Stadium, the Mexicans had to rally from being a goal down in the first half, eventually stunning the visitors with two quick goals from midfielder Pavel Pardo for a second-half win.

Against Canada, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz also went behind, but recovered to earn a share of the points in a 1-1 draw courtesy of a goal from midfielder Andrew Williams. Despite a change in venue for yesterday's practice session, which was moved from Brancourt due to the threat of rain, the coach was pleased with level of intensity shown by the players.

"We had a very good training session, the players are realising that it takes a lot of hard work and intensity at this level," Simoes said. The locally based contingent currently consists of a number of Under-21 players, with the overseas contingent expected to join up with camp at a later date.
    Last edited by Karl; August 28, 2008, 11:04 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

curious to see which overseas based players will be called

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"the mystery is just a mystery"

When mi say them ripe fi a beating before them jump all over mi. Let mi see what them say when Simoes say that now.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

den yuh nuh know seh yuh have the faint heart crew whey a come and soon start seh... "i don't have a good feeling about this" yadda yadda yadda.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"the faint heart crew"

you mean the one dem who strong when them a watch them favorite teams?

Comment

Mexico must get a beating. Anyone who nuh believe must leave the forum immediately.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"Mexico ripe fi a beating" and "Mexico is not unbeatable" sound like 2 different argument to me. But .. the gladis dem will seek to spin it how they wish.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

maybe you need to read the whole thing.

"The Brazilian believes the Tricolores, while talented, are in a transitional phase, having recently secured the services of former Englandcoach Sven-Gsran Eriksson. The Swede recently replaced interim coach Jesœs Ram'rez at the helm of the Mexican World qualification bid.
                "They (Mexico) are still the best team, but right now they are also in a transitional phase having recently changed coaches," Simoes said.
                "The team has a few excellent players, but I believe they are still feeling their way around and that can be to our advantage," he added."

in patwa "Ripe fi a beating"

Comment

"Dem haffi get a beating lawd. Dem mus getta getting..."

Peter Tosh

Comment

yo Sass mi did say the same thing too bout 3 months ago...mi still feel say the game gwen draw 2-2

Comment

You know assasin, whether mexico is 'ripe for a beating' or not--Jamaica getting 1 point or losing 3 points will not be desirable.

As far as i am concerned, jamaica MUST win their home games...
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

if we lose to Mexico is not the end of the qualifier but yes we need to win all our home games.

We have to first believe we can and look for the weakness in Mexico.

Comment

Mexico's weakness is their defense...them over-extend themselves in attack and leave themselves extremely vulnerable in the back...look for Marquez to possibly gave away alot of desperate fouls and even maybe a penalty...mi still say is a 2-2 draw or best case 2-1 win for us

Comment

no bodda wid the draw. Any draw a first blood we a draw

Comment

Mi have the wagon ready fi drive...but we defence gwen be put to the ultimate test...Austin have the perfect opportunity to really show him class and stifle the Mexican midfield

Comment

Working...
                              X