No announcement yet.

Breaking News!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S hit i'm just seeing this news. Burrell is in a real bind. How does he keep the stadium full for the next three matches and still qualify? Who will step in? Tappa. Will he tell Tappa to call back King? Simoes can sue; even though unlikely, he hasn't failed to get us through the Hex yet. There is still a mathematical chance. What a calamity.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The baseline reason simoes is being fired is that he REFUSES to select our full compliment of foreign based players. I have no reason to believe that the likes of Davian Thorpe, Ricardo Cousins, Wolry Wolfe, Deon Burton, Evon Taylor, Obrian woodbine etc have the experience needed to beat teams like Honduras and Mexico in the office. Simoes will not chnage his view on the ovserseas players, so I suppose the only way to get our ballers back is to get rid of simoes.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Au contraire my friend..I too am hurting, my next door neighbour had to call me last night and asked if I was OK when she heard me.

I was not the one who fired Simoes by the way boss it was Burrell.

You echo a sentiment here that I am not a fan of Jamaica's football product but if not Jamaica then who? Do I have a choice in this?

I am not happy with those who have hijacked it and have made a mockery of it that is a big difference and I hope those of us with enough sense would see that.

I am not a blind fanatic ad i wont accept anything substandard simply becuse it says Jamaica and I could have told every one who cared to listen from November last year that this was doomed to failure...all the signs were there.

It was impossible for Simoes being so far away from Jamaica and CONCACAF to take six months and mold a cohesive, competitive football team that could challenge the top five teams in the region.

Given what we had and did not have, not even Sven Goran-Erickson, Platini or any of the big name coaches whose names were called could do it..you cant make blood out of stone.

My biggest problem with Burrell's return is that it was more about trying to embarrass Boxhill than building our football- you can accept that or not it is up to you.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko, this is one of your most sedate and coherent post you've made since last November. Without knowing you personally, I think it is safe to assume that you know more about the inner workings of Burrell's return to power, and that his return came at the expense of your very good friend Boxhill. Am I correct? However, despite of your friendship and obvious disdain for Burrell, can you objectively say that Boxhill was the right man for the job? Forgive me if I missed it, but I am yet to see you offering up your suggestions (as a fan, because that's all we are) as to the way forward for our program.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            OK then, cool...Good riddance to a bad coach...that is the best piece of news we have had from football in the past few weeks...only thing was that he should not have been hired in the first place

If he's fired its the best bit of news we've had in a year. That alone is worth not going to SA2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              It was impossible for Simoes being so far away from Jamaica and CONCACAF to take six months and mold a cohesive, competitive football team that could challenge the top five teams in the region.

Given what we had and did not have, not even Sven Goran-Erickson, Platini or any of the big name coaches whose names were called could do it..you cant make blood out of stone.
              Laza took 2 days to "mold a cohesive, competitive football team that could challenge the top five teams in the region." What is Simoes' problem?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Laza took over a team that CB had running like a well oiled machine..
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Bwoy ... reading some a unuh posts people would think that Simoes is the worst thing to happen to Jamaica's football .... wait .... if thats the appropriate name. At this point Simoes is the ONLY coach to tek us to glory land at various levels.

Maybe unuh need fi tek a step back and realize that the players dem not as good as unuh hyping dem to be. Simoes is a coach ... not a miracle worker.

Time we come to the understanding that we need fi seriously revamp our football structure. The sooner the powers that be recognise that the better.

For the record, I have no problem with the firing of Simoes ... but if unuh think the problem is the coach ... unuh madder dan I thought to rahtid.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree there.

Comment

Okay, am I dreaming?!?

Two Forumites have finally come to that realization?!?

Let the others stay there in denial. It soon drown dem! (Nile, De Nile, get it?)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

First things first I have no personal relationships with Boxhill. I have some very good friends who were part of his team. I have spoken to him maybe twice face to face.

Given my job as a journalist, i have some information about the inner workings of the sporting bodies here which is some thing most of those here refuse to accept that when I made some statements it was not picking things out of the air but rather keeping my ears close top the ground.

Take for example the day after the 2003 election, there were members of staff at JFF who were very happy for the change..Burrell had become too big for the job and as we saw last night, he often times went over the entire executive and did what he wanted to do.

I dont know that Boxhill was the right man for the job but I was willing to take the chance with him based on the quality people he had around him.

I have also said more than once here that Jamaica's football cannot come down to just Burrell and Boxhill alone, we have way too many smart people with a lot to offer.

First thing is we need to make the President a paying position as you cant get people to leave good jobs top work for free.

But power corrupts and if you notice with Boxhill, a lot of the quality people he placed around him all jumped ship because he also got too big for his britches so to speak and stopped listening.

The thing about leadership is not being able to do all things well but to have people around you who can enhance your qualities.

It was obvious the Burrell did not learn from 2003 and he came back with the very same attitude and shortcomings.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Bwoy ... reading some a unuh posts people would think that Simoes is the worst thing to happen to Jamaica's football .... wait .... if thats the appropriate name. At this point Simoes is the ONLY coach to tek us to glory land at various levels.

Maybe unuh need fi tek a step back and realize that the players dem not as good as unuh hyping dem to be. Simoes is a coach ... not a miracle worker.

Time we come to the understanding that we need fi seriously revamp our football structure. The sooner the powers that be recognise that the better.

For the record, I have no problem with the firing of Simoes ... but if unuh think the problem is the coach ... unuh madder dan I thought to rahtid.
                          Simoes got a straw basket to carry water. The glory of the 98 campaign, made US all crave for instant gratification and believing that success is ready made. With no structure in place for the past 10 years to " blood" and develop younger players, this was BOUND to happen sooner than later..

We really think that the ALMSHOUSE that has been going on in Jamaican football for the past 10 years, would have just disappeared in 9 months of Simoes ? Now it has reared its ugly head and bite US in the a$$.

Comment

Simoes?!? Then what about CB and Wendell?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tell that to Peter Prendergast who described Rene as the 'Little magician from Brazil'..said it more than once in January

But Lazy are you of the opinion that this group of players were more prepared than the 1997 bunch?
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Simoes?!? Then what about CB and Wendell?
                                Them too. Therfore, we need to look at the "structure" or lack thereof, of the program, and put competent people to implement it effectively. We must be the laughing stock of FIFA, for trying to start an academy for how many years now..

Comment

Working...
                                X