No announcement yet.

A battle Barnes wants to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is for the coach to know his strenght and play to it. If a t he long throw a do it then find somebody to do it, or cross the damn ball then.

It is not on Ricardo Fuller to be everything to his team, He is in form and scoring so the rest of his team need to realise his strenght.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      or get back Thomas Mclean from retirement.

wha happen to dat guy played for a winning manning cup team of camperdown high & boys town fc .....he sure did know how to throw dem in......lovely afro.....
      “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Thomas Mclean. I think he migrated to the states.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

when i think of guys like him....Lennie Hyde, Dennis Hutchinson ,Errol Blake & so forth , dem did born @ de wrong time.....Dis should be their time.
          “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

It is for the coach to know his strenght and play to it. If a t he long throw a do it then find somebody to do it, or cross the damn ball then.

It is not on Ricardo Fuller to be everything to his team, He is in form and scoring so the rest of his team need to realise his strenght.
            I am not saying he should be everything for his team. If fact, I care not a fig for his team. I care about his level of play and how that level of play can best benefit JAMAICA's men senior football team!

It would also be blind to not also see that the higher Fuller's level of play the more money it shall put in his pockets! ...depending just about exclusively on his strength and a teammate's long throw...and not overall level of technical skill and brain-power seems to be going down a street named "Nonsense"!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl some players are one dimensonal and that don't mean they are not team players. That is what make a team, you play to your team mates strenght and cover their weakness while encouraging them to do their best.

If Fuller is effective on throws in the box and can score them then Jamaica should work on getting some throws and cross in the box and not worrying about him going deep to cover. Who cares if you are a fan or not? the fact is your team Arsenal is playing pretty football and it is not effective, Stoke City is playing "old English" football and it is effective so go figure. Your concept of team is not all it cracked up to be, you use effective methods and they are not always pretty.

Another example was Bolton playing Big Sam ball game yesterday and Man city but the effective ball game won.

We all love it pretty and when players give their all but will it result in a win?

Comment

Karl some players are one dimensonal and that don't mean they are not team players. That is what make a team, you play to your team mates strenght and cover their weakness while encouraging them to do their best.

If Fuller is effective on throws in the box and can score them then Jamaica should work on getting some throws and cross in the box and not worrying about him going deep to cover. Who cares if you are a fan or not? the fact is your team Arsenal is playing pretty football and it is not effective, Stoke City is playing "old English" football and it is effective so go figure. Your concept of team is not all it cracked up to be, you use effective methods and they are not always pretty.

Another example was Bolton playing Big Sam ball game yesterday and Man city but the effective ball game won.

We all love it pretty and when players give their all but will it result in a win?
                Fuller is not one dimensional! He has a problem making best decisions! Too often does not use his teamates!

Does not believe in or recognise that "give and thou shalt receive" is the "bread and butter" of teammates/TEAMS! ...and strikers live and die by that!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

When I use one dimentional it wasn't directly related to Fuller. As a coach if he is making the bad decision you say he is then you limit his decision making as simple as that, don't give him more. Leave him upfront one and one with defenders. How you mean "bread and butter" of teammates when he and Liam Lawerence bought them to the EPL and he is still the backbone of his team?

Without him some of them would be in League 2 by now. Explain the "Bread and butter" part for me.

Comment

When I use one dimentional it wasn't directly related to Fuller. As a coach if he is making the bad decision you say he is then you limit his decision making as simple as that, don't give him more. Leave him upfront one and one with defenders. How you mean "bread and butter" of teammates when he and Liam Lawerence bought them to the EPL and he is still the backbone of his team?

Without him some of them would be in League 2 by now. Explain the "Bread and butter" part for me.
                    Well look at Stoke's record?! ...and type of play?!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and the young inexperienced GUNNERS! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below!

...and below - Hull and Villa! ...and YES SPURS!

Comment

Check their budget and see how many 10 million pound player is on it. They have to do with what they have and play to their team's strenght to beat teams like Arsenal.

The players they are using is pretty much their championship roster while Hull could go out and buy nearly a new team. Not only that but they have lost one of their two best players.

Fuller is on the league scoring chart, can't say that for some names from bigger clubs valuing 20 million or more so what more can you ask from the man?

Comment

Karl yuh naw seh nothing!!! Fuller is playing just as well or even better than some of the players you just named. The Stoke team is playing to their own strength and Fuller's, and he is certainly providing the goals. It does not matter how good the goals look, in the end it's the results that counts. If Fuller was playing for Arsenal, Chel$ki or the Empire, he would be scoring much more goals because he would have a higher class of players around him. I did not see the game, but according to the commentators, I heard that he handled Toure like him gyal.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Have you seen any of the games?

Comment

Yes!
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              I how Fuller continues his improvement. Nothing to get excited about yet...if the quality of his goals is observed. So far most have been so-so goals! That type of luck has a way of disappearing.

Sass: We are not seeing goals where there are build-ups with Fuller involved in those build-ups and the end being good finishing.

On the other hand - King's involvement in his TEAMs play shows a striker...good player at work.
                              You guys really amaze me. Fuller can do no right in your eyes. The man is one of the top goals scorers in the EPL and you say his goals don't have quality. If you were paying attention you would have seen how unlucky he is. The woodwork has denied him about 7 goals so far this season from brilliant team build up and individual effort. When his "so-so" goals dry up his luck should have shifted with the woodwork. Currently, both Fuller and King are among the top rated strikers in EPL according to Opta and Sky sports. Not middle of the road, top rated. I don't think you get to that level without being good. Both King and Fuller play team ball, but Fuller is the more creative one; sometimes his creativity works and sometimes it doesn't. Many of you focus on the times when the creativity doesn't work and forget about the other moments of sheer brillance. As much as I love the way King plays he is not as creative as Fuller and will never have those moments of brilliance that just leaves you awestruck.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                I how Fuller continues his improvement. Nothing to get excited about yet...if the quality of his goals is observed. So far most have been so-so goals! That type of luck has a way of disappearing.

Sass: We are not seeing goals where there are build-ups with Fuller involved in those build-ups and the end being good finishing.

On the other hand - King's involvement in his TEAMs play shows a striker...good player at work.
                                Excellent point sah!!

Comment

Working...
                                X