I Wish We Hadn't Been Teased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish We Hadn't Been Teased

I feel the thud in my gut that we came so close and didn't make it. I was fully prepared for us not to make it after the first 3 games and I had made my peace with it. Then the boys turned it around and I just didn't want to believe yet they wouldn't let me give up. I'm so disappointed but that's the way football is.

Thanks again Boyz. Now I return to being a Brazil fan.

Originally posted by Matter View Post
    I feel the thud in my gut that we came so close and didn't make it. I was fully prepared for us not to make it after the first 3 games and I had made my peace with it. Then the boys turned it around and I just didn't want to believe yet they wouldn't let me give up. I'm so disappointed but that's the way football is.

Thanks again Boyz. Now I return to being a Brazil fan.

My head racing now thinking about that late miss by Radzinski against Mexico in Canada....if that had gone in we would have gone through ahead of MEX with the results today. Losing by a whisker always hurt more mi bredda.

Comment

The sad thing is that we had 6 games and it's the result of all 6 games that determined our fate. It's just too bad that in the overall scheme of things, some luck here or some bad luck for the other guys there and we'd be singing a different song tonight. Really and truly, depending on Mexico to win wasn't such a bad bet in days gone by, was it?

Comment

I am not too sure about Mexico delivering for other teams. El Salvador wanted them to beat us in 1998. The last campaign Guatemala wanted them to beat TnT in TnT and they lost and now we wanted them to win and they lost. Only difference is our circumstance happened in the Pre-Hex campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
          I am not too sure about Mexico delivering for other teams. El Salvador wanted them to beat us in 1998. The last campaign Guatemala wanted them to beat TnT in TnT and they lost and now we wanted them to win and they lost. Only difference is our circumstance happened in the Pre-Hex campaign.
          Mexico's record away from the Azteca is....???
          ...like 2006 we again had the players but the back office support has been poor!

I'll say it again...Mexico and the US keeping preparation going from World Cup to World Cup....they never stop preparing...it is ongoing continuous! We stop preparing after each exit from qualifiers. We turn to local not up to standard players for our Men Senior team. The idiots among us say we are blooding new players for the future...we are developing talent. Have they ever stopped to ask themselves, how is it the TOP OF THE WORLD teams keep their Men Senior TEAMs continuously in preparations and still keeping developing 'bunches' of quality young players?

It is totally nonsense to rush at preparations just before our qualifiers commence or as in this case after qualifiers have commenced. NONSENSE!

Yes, I hoped and prayed...but I knew it was to a nonsense policy foundation I had hitched my hopes.

Aside:
          You develop and prepare youngsters by having them tutored by good coaches...surround them with good back office support and find them quality opposition to play...all in a continuous development environment.

The youngsters must be having that good tutoring and excellent back office support structure while they play quality comparable age-group teams. Some of these...some...will advance in levels of play such that they displace some in our senior team...

...it certainly does not mean putting the senior team out to pasture and substituting that senior team with a bunch of 2 tier or 3rd tier players. It does mean, as was said perviously, that the senior team is continuously being made better and better through continuous preparations and the playing of matches against quality senior teams....as do Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal...etc., etc. ...as do all serious football playing nations!

We have the talent. We have the players to have been a major force in CONCACAF and the World...not as we have found ourselves...pre-Hex also rans!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            ...like 2006 we again had the players but the back office support has been poor!

I'll say it again...Mexico and the US keeping preparation going from World Cup to World Cup....they never stop preparing...it is ongoing continuous! We stop preparing after each exit from qualifiers. We turn to local not up to standard players for our Men Senior team. The idiots among us say we are blooding new players for the future...we are developing talent. Have they ever stopped to ask themselves, how is it the TOP OF THE WORLD teams keep their Men Senior TEAMs continuously in preparations and still keeping developing 'bunches' of quality young players?

It is totally nonsense to rush at preparations just before our qualifiers commence or as in this case after qualifiers have commenced. NONSENSE!

Yes, I hoped and prayed...but I knew it was to a nonsense policy foundation I had hitched my hopes.

Aside:
            You develop and prepare youngsters by having them tutored by good coaches...surround them with good back office support and find them quality opposition to play...all in a continuous development environment.

The youngsters must be having that good tutoring and excellent back office support structure while they play quality comparable age-group teams. Some of these...some...will advance in levels of play such that they displace some in our senior team...

...it certainly does not mean putting the senior team out to pasture and substituting that senior team with a bunch of 2 tier or 3rd tier players. It does mean, as was said perviously, that the senior team is continuously being made better and better through continuous preparations and the playing of matches against quality senior teams....as do Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal...etc., etc. ...as do all serious football playing nations!

We have the talent. We have the players to have been a major force in CONCACAF and the World...not as we have found ourselves...pre-Hex also rans!

Good point Karl that is why they've had continuous appearances at WC's. One important factor though that people here havent noticed is that this cycle Mexico has a number of players at European clubs and dont have the luxury of working and training together anymore. Theyve never been faced with this issue before.
            Carlos Salcido, Rafa Marquez, Gio Dos Santos, Carlos Vela, Ricardo Osorio, Nery Castillo and several of their starters all play in Europe.

It will be interesting to see what happens because the core of their squad no longer play in the MFL and now their players will be subjected to long transatlantic flights like other concacaf nations like USA, T&T. To our situation, it is clear that we need to move forward from now. Simoes was not the answer and I said that from day 1. Im not here to tell forumites I told you so but his selection of players and his tactics in the first 3 games of this semifinal round really hurt our chances. If I was to go back further, I would say that his team preparation and coaching tactics in friendlies was just as bad. But whats done is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
              Good point Karl that is why they've had continuous appearances at WC's. One important factor though that people here havent noticed is that this cycle Mexico has a number of players at European clubs and dont have the luxury of working and training together anymore. Theyve never been faced with this issue before.
              Carlos Salcido, Rafa Marquez, Gio Dos Santos, Carlos Vela, Ricardo Osorio, Nery Castillo and several of their starters all play in Europe.

It will be interesting to see what happens because the core of their squad no longer play in the MFL and now their players will be subjected to long transatlantic flights like other concacaf nations like USA, T&T. To our situation, it is clear that we need to move forward from now. Simoes was not the answer and I said that from day 1. Im not here to tell forumites I told you so but his selection of players and his tactics in the first 3 games of this semifinal round really hurt our chances. If I was to go back further, I would say that his team preparation and coaching tactics in friendlies was just as bad. But whats done is done.
              Mexico - They have never stopped preparations. They have always brought home their players outside of Mexico to play for the team in intervening years between World Cups. 2006 through 2008 has been no exception. That continuous preparations has allowed to keep the team in training even as they have 'rotated out'of their team/replaced players like Jared BORGETTI, etc.

Mexico's teams ...some players replaced by now better players...change during continuous preparations over the last 2 years...

Mex 2006 - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive...eam=43911.html

Mex 2008 -

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...tatistics.html

...as preparations go on Mexico shall play matches before the Hex...and the TEAM shall change as players get overtaken in skill levels by others...and after the Hex is over the preparations shall continue unbroken through to the World Cup, if the make it...and if they do not!...and on and on...it never stops!

...so it should be for our REGGAE BOYZ!

The irony is, without a similar system we have come so close 2002, 2006 and now in these 2010 qualifiers! Are we so dumb that come 2014 qualifiers we shall have had a similar preparations as we had for these qualifiers?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tough luck Jamaica. I feel it fuh allyuh. Yuh team did their best...just came up a little short. One positive is that you now have the Digicel Cup coming up in a couple weeks which is good as there's not much time before you have to get back into competition. Start rebuildin from now and developin yuh youth programs and you'll be that much stronger fuh de nex set of WCQ's.

Respeck

Comment

Originally posted by Palos View Post
                  Tough luck Jamaica. I feel it fuh allyuh. Yuh team did their best...just came up a little short. One positive is that you now have the Digicel Cup coming up in a couple weeks which is good as there's not much time before you have to get back into competition. Start rebuildin from now and developin yuh youth programs and you'll be that much stronger fuh de nex set of WCQ's.

Respeck
                  Thank you!

Comment

A good Youth program......any ideas?

You are right about developing the Youth program.

Any ideas how this can be done from anyone out there since it's been a struggle starting a very good one for a number of years that would produce a large number of good youth players for a stronger men's and womens national' sides?

PBanta
                    Last edited by Pbanta; November 20, 2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Aside:

Karl you have a very good point...(for once ), but I have said it over and over again; the predicament the JFF face in sustaining a full national program is money. They rely on the home matches of the Reggaeboyz to feed their coffers. The Jamaican public is not a very forgiving one, and now that we are out of the Hex and our "foreigners" won't be available, do you think that the supporters will turn up at The Office to watch our locals? It is a very difficult balancing act that the Captain has to perform now....especially with a world recession. Let's temper the criticisms a little. And unlike Sickko and a few others, I do not blame The Captain. He hired Simoes to do a job and Simoes failed. The Captain got rid of him at the right time. Like a good manager, he gave him a fair run and did not terminate his services too early, and he allowed Simoes to pick his own team. The Captain did what he had to do.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Karl it is not just money but how we use it.

History will prove that the millions use to pay Bora and Simoes was not worth it and could have been spent in a better way.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Karl it is not just money but how we use it.

History will prove that the millions use to pay Bora and Simoes was not worth it and could have been spent in a better way.
                          It certainly does not make sense hiring and paying for preparations and then giving the coaches no first TEAM to prepare!
                          Last edited by Karl; November 20, 2008, 12:06 PM.

Comment

which results in WASTED MONEY which could have been better used.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X