Ronaldo wins FIFA World Player award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter R
    Theatrics? Stepovers are part of his skill set..I love the flambuoyance of his game.
    Stepovers and fancy footworks have advantages, as they mesmerize, hypnotize, and fake defenders out of dem shoes
    More often than not stepovers are very effective, whey mek yu tink Sir Alex nuh tell him fi stop it.

Football players need to play the game in their natural and instinctive way. A good coach wont try to bridle talent like that.

Step over, fakes, and dummies are fun for the game when executed effectively and in the context of the team's strategies.

Whey you tink of Robinho?
    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
    Mitty

Comment

Yuh can imagine if me did say di same ting dat Peter R just say!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Congratulations also to the best striker in the world, Liverpool's Fernando Torres who came third (since Ronaldo and Messi are midfielders). Out baby-faced assasin.

Comment

Well done Cristiano! Keep it up...I just hope that when my side come to play Manu, yuh not in form
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            Well done Cristiano! Keep it up...I just hope that when my side come to play Manu, yuh not in form
            ... now doesn't that feel a little better?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I was not referring to the stepovers...but the overacting (on enough occasions to make it noticeable) when he is fouled.

I actually like to see the stepovers as he does so brilliantly and adds to the beautiful game as you say...even if it doesn't get anywhere...a little like the gallery ball you see with many of our players...a salad or a nice bruk many times gets as many cheers as a goal...and I find nothing wrong with that if not overdone futilely.

Anyhow, I'm happy for Ronaldo in spite of what you guys think is such great criticism...I was a fan of his from before he moved to ManU...in fact some of my favourite players are and were Mancunians...Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona in his day, Peter Schmeichel back when, the dynamic duo of Cole and Yorke...to name a few...Ronaldo is still very young and he can become a truly complete player if he wants to.

I wish him every success.
              Peter R

Comment

Amen.
                Peter R

Comment

My bad sah, mi agree wid u den. Football does not need the best player pulling off fake acts like a third rate player. Ronaldo is good enough to draw legitimate fouls.
                  Mitty

Comment

Wow. Nobody likes gallary ball like me. I actually delight in stepovers.....when there is some element of surprise and when the opponent is nervous or rattled. But when someone does it all the time and the defenders prepare for such and take the ball away, the stepovers look silly.

My favorite gallery play of this century was when Ronaldinho gave Asley Cole the bruk neck and then Rivaldo scored. Even if there was no goal, I would always remember the bruk neck. I remember a British newspaper writer opining that that Cole's left and right kidney's swopped positions on that play.
                    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty View Post
                      Ronaldo is good enough to draw legitimate fouls.
                      .. and when thugs like Boro's captain see that they can hack him continuously without being punished, what yuh think going to happen? The difference with him and Rooney is a guy know if dem kick Rooney, Rooney gonna come back for him. FIFA asked that the talented players be protected, the refs need to do their job.

Look at the game on Sunday? The youth protest after how the Portuguese pirate attempted to mug him and he ended up being yellow carded.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I hope yuh know yuh buying rounds when yuh team get licks...
                        Peter R

Comment

I agree wid yu also, the refs should call it as they see it and not let the player's reputation influence their calls. But that is easier said than done as the human element in all of us tends to be bias based on a player's previous transgressions.

I am a big Ronaldo fan and think he is unfairly treated at times, but him cause some of it on himself.
                          Mitty

Comment

Working...
                          X