• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who saw the game care to give us

your overview?
    We would be extremely grateful.
    Thanks!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The Reggae Boyz started out strongly, moving the ball nicely around the field. Their transition out of defence was smooth and classy, with the right back, Mears (?) sending a few good crosses. One such cross inexplicably failed to connect with the onrushing King, but fell to another Jamaican whose shot was blocked. (Didn't have the volume, so sometimes I did could not make out the player, and with so many UB40s running around the field...)

The Nigerians eventually settled and made a match of it. Indeed, for the last 15 minutes of the first half, I thought they were toying with us, not creating that many chances but just keeping position with some very slick moves. Jamaica began to look quite ordinary, and couldn't hold on to the ball for any length of time.

JJ was a total ass for attacking the Nigerian. I think it was unfortunate that the Nigerian was also shown a red card.

In the second half, Luton had two glorious occasions, clean breakaways!, to put the Boyz ahead but on both occasions he overdribbled a bit too much and the goalie did well to come off his line. Luton should start kicking the ball earlier when he is one on one with the keeper, not every time you want to round him. Becomes very predicable after a while. Thereafter, the Nigerians launched attack after attack, but Sawyers pulled off at least 3 good reflex saves to deny them. Tyrone Marshall, what a player!, made some critical sliding tackles to break up some very threatening moves from the Africans. Meanwhile, Demar Phillips will want to forget this game. He was continuosly beaten down the right wing, and gave away the ball to the opposition time and time again. His worst performance in a Reggae Boyz jersey.

Overall, a decent performance from the Boyz. Only the last 10 minutes or so of the first half looked really pitiful, but we certainly created the better chances, those two with Luton, and our goalie did well to keep us in game.

Our MVP - Sawyers, followed by Marshall. Mears did well early in the right back position.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks!
      Should be worth a move up the FIFA Ranking Charts!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Just got back from the game and can report that the boyz done well,with better finishing from Luton Shelton we would've won the game. I thought Sawyer in goal was exellent he made 2 terrific saves and looked really confident.Tyrone Marshall was outstanding how this guy is not playing in one of the top leagues in the world is beyond me.Claude Davis and Damion Stewart had good games,Tyrone Mears was steady(lacking match fitness)Demar Phillips was average,Jason Morrison had a good game,Rudolph Austin was outstanding breaking up everything in front of the back four.Jermaine Johnson was having a superb game before he got himself sent off(poor discipline)Luton Shelton had 2 gilt edged chances that he should've scored is allround game was poor and he kept giving the ball away.Marlon King worked hard up front but didn't get a sniff.Subs;-Campbell-Ryce was outstanding he was the reason why Jamaica controlled the game second half(shoud've started)Omar Daley was ok and Wolfe was a threat he had two shots that went close.
        Players score out of ten;-Sawyer 8,Marshall 9,Davis 6,Stewart 7,Mears 6,
        Phillips 5,Morrison 7,Austin 8,Shelton 3,Johnson 4,King 7,Subs;Campbell-Ryce 7,Daley 6,Wolfe 7,Burton 5.

Comment

I would give Sawyers top marks because of those saves, but yes, Marshall was also very good. Cool as cucumber, breaking up the most dangerous Nigerian moves by his excellent reading of the game.

Why King get such a high mark, bredren? He didn't even connect on that excellent cross.

What about Eric Vernan?

Phillips was at best a 3! Horrible outing by him.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i think jamaica played well.....we could beat nigeria if we had some deadly strikers.....we had numerous chances....i think we need to do some scouting for some better striker because we really cant depend on shelton and fuller.....thats the only position i think needs some major work.....but it was an good perfomance...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I would give Sawyers top marks because of those saves, but yes, Marshall was also very good. Cool as cucumber, breaking up the most dangerous Nigerian moves by his excellent reading of the game.

Why King get such a high mark, bredren? He didn't even connect on that excellent cross.

What about Eric Vernan?

I just cant understand Phillips he wasn't playing with any confidence at all i had many opportunities to take on the Nigerian right back and just played the safe ball,even though he wasn't having a good game he didn't hide he still tried hard thats the reason for his score.Now i can see why Luton Shelton wont make it as a top baller his touch is so poor,without pace he would be absolutely useless,I thought Marlon King worked really hard for the team he didn't get a lot of service but he chased down everything,the fans gave him a great round of applause when he came off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

What about Eric Vernan?

Eric Vernan done ok 6

Comment

Shelton makes up for his poor touch with his blinding speed.

Thought King unnecessarily ran into offside positions.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah it would've been interesting if we didn't have so many key players injured,i think we still need a creative midfield player and some better strikers
                    and in my opinion we would be up the with the best in Cancacaf,i must also say the team played as if they are well coached unlike some of the performances of the past.Most of the fans were disappointed that we didn't win but on whole they think Jamaica is startin gto look like a proper football team.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Luton Shelton is slowly but surely putting himself on my "rux list". Di man is another headless chicken. Two easy, easy chances given away. It seems as if all HVIEW produce is headless chickens. Only Fabian Taylor, who incidentally is from Portmore, can be regarded as a "non-headless chicken" HVIEW export.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                            Luton Shelton is slowly but surely putting himself on my "rux list". Di man is another headless chicken. Two easy, easy chances given away. It seems as if all HVIEW produce is headless chickens. Only Fabian Taylor, who incidentally is from Portmore, can be regarded as a "non-headless chicken" HVIEW export.
                            If the fans could have gotten hold of Mr Shelton last night,they would've roasted is backside and yes he is definately a Rux in my book,in my opinion he is not international class.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Thanks Mosiah for the report and best wishes. I'm sure this will help the senior side a bit.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X