Mosiah,Sickko,Lion Paw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosiah,Sickko,Lion Paw

We are in desperate need for strikers.Is there anyone in the DPL ready to step up to international level? Names please;-

Some who can be looked at are:

Navion Boyd (TG) but I understand that he is more of a creator than a out-n-out striker. He cam eto the fore under The Prof but displayed a bit of disrespect when he the the Bronx League instead of joining Simoes at training camp.

Dean (TG) is also good but still needs to sharpen his shooting skills.

Tuffy Anderson (Waterhouse) has been around for sometime now. He has the requisite skills and is someone who the coaches could spend some time with.

There is another striker over at Rivoli FC (the prison oval camp). I cannot recall his name but he has scored quite a few goals in the DPL.

A prolific NPL/DPL striker is Roen Nelson of Portmore United. He was quite good at Dunhoon Tech and has carried his skills into the TnT pro leage and the also for Portmore. He has been tried at the international level but has so far been unable to cut the grade.

Then of course there is the established MLS trio of Cummings, Johnson and Richards. Added to this trio is the TFC rookie Obrien White.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

No. Almost all the strikers we have in the local league are poor finishers. Was hoping Newton Sterling would step up, but he hasn't really had the breakout yet.

Comment

The African can be given another call up to see how he looks under the national setup.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Dean is good enough. I'd say a Tremaine Stewart or Steven Morissey could get a shot.

Oh, and the Rivoli yute u talkin about is Davion Hodges.

Comment

Please tell me this is sarcasm..

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
              Dean is good enough. I'd say a Tremaine Stewart or Steven Morissey could get a shot.

Oh, and the Rivoli yute u talkin about is Davion Hodges.
              Lion Paw,or any of the local based forumites, me want a honest opinion on this youth Keamar Daley of Meadhaven. have you seen him played recently how is he progressing? Do you think he is good enough to be our play maker @ international level.

Comment

Teafore bennet is a good striker.

Comment

Nah, I tend not to agree with this and you can add Keamar Daley to that list as well and let then be what they are good DPL strikers and not more.

But a caveat for Daley in that he is young but has made some interesting decisions which are more out of loyalty that has kept him back...he should have been at a better club a long time ago as he had the requisite skills.

This list have been tried and rejected by more than one coach from different backgrounds and it is time we stop talking about them as it is obvious they cannot make the next step.

I am sure Assassin and others here will not agree as they think that coaches should try as often as it takes to see which players can make the next step but I ask at what price?

At ever thing in life especially sports we will have people who will peak at different levels; look back at our own high schools and see how many of the so called stars in third form who never improved enough afterwards.

The solution is to look at what we have in the Under 21 age group and try to get them as much international or even regional experience and forget the likes of Tuffy Anderson, Roland Dean etc...
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

I've been following Tremaine Stewart from his High School days to his August Town years. I know he is now at PMU but is he getting enough playing time with which to hone his skills?

Oh yes, Devon Hodges it is from Rivoli FC. Heard he is a a good striker.

And how can we forget the Village duo of Fabian Dawkins and Teofore Bennett!!!

Dunny, that yute Dada (Keammar Daley) is a wikid baller but he more fits the role of a midfield distributor. He has a decent shot but Johnny B should look at him with the view of filling the role left vacant by Jerry, Andy and Tappa.
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                      I've been following Tremaine Stewart from his High School days to his August Town years. I know he is now at PMU but is he getting enough playing time with which to hone his skills?

Oh yes, Devon Hodges it is from Rivoli FC. Heard he is a a good striker.

And how can we forget the Village duo of Fabian Dawkins and Teofore Bennett!!!

Dunny, that yute Dada (Keammar Daley) is a wikid baller but he more fits the role of a midfield distributor. He has a decent shot but Johnny B should look at him with the view of filling the role left vacant by Jerry, Andy and Tappa.
                      Thats the exact role i was thinking about,we lack creativity from midfield.I think he would be the ideal partner for Rudi Austin.I've only seen him play once but he looks a real special talent just wanted some feedback on how he is progressing.

Comment

Point taken bredrin. I fully respect your point of view because you have your ears to the ground and have seen these players in action on at least a few occasions I suppose.

Daley I believe should be kept in midfield. BTW what was your take on Joel Grant when he played U20 for us? Is he one who the coaches should be looking at as part of our future front line?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Nah, I tend not to agree with this and you can add Keamar Daley to that list as well and let then be what they are good DPL strikers and not more.

But a caveat for Daley in that he is young but has made some interesting decisions which are more out of loyalty that has kept him back...he should have been at a better club a long time ago as he had the requisite skills.

This list have been tried and rejected by more than one coach from different backgrounds and it is time we stop talking about them as it is obvious they cannot make the next step.

I am sure Assassin and others here will not agree as they think that coaches should try as often as it takes to see which players can make the next step but I ask at what price?

At ever thing in life especially sports we will have people who will peak at different levels; look back at our own high schools and see how many of the so called stars in third form who never improved enough afterwards.

The solution is to look at what we have in the Under 21 age group and try to get them as much international or even regional experience and forget the likes of Tuffy Anderson, Roland Dean etc...
                          So in your view Sickko,we haven't got any one in the DPL to step up into the Gold Cup squad.

Comment

What about the current U20 striker (he was the u17 captain and is now playing A league ball in Canada). He looks the part, albeit I only saw him in the historic win Ja had against the USA u17. Lawks mi mussi a get old cause mi cyaa member him name.
                            He scored the goal against Haiti and was red carded for the rest of the tournament.
                            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                            Mitty

Comment

Dever Orgill
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X