No announcement yet.

Forumites - Help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not; especially seeing that he has paid his dues by helping the team in their promotion.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

How about John Ross Doley? I understand he is a very good footballer.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He is more of a defensive mid.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He's okay. Don't see him as the next midfield general though. He's not the man for the U-20 right now.

Shola, you saw the match against Costa Rica yesterday. Who was the midfield general?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks.

He was injured for the last set of qualifiers.

Personally from what I am hearing from good football minds this maybe our golden generation if we can be a little consistent with their development or ship them all overseas.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure if there is anything special about this bunch over any other.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What was the result of the second match against CR, I heard Orgill played.
                Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                Mitty

Comment

Ok, mi seeit
                  Mitty

Comment

The only midfield generals I saw in that game were the 19 and 20 that started for Costa Rica. The funny thing is I'm not sure who is their top central midfielder since when their 10 came on both had to take a back seat, after he started bossing play.

Duckie started the game in a 4-4-2 with evan taylor and davian thorpe in the centre of midfield, keniel hyde i think on the left and romario campbell on the right.

Let’s just start by saying keniel hyde had an awful game. He looked lost for the entire 50 or so mins that he played. It was so bad that I heard some of the fans wondering if mr lenny hyde had done a paternity test recently. He played far too wide, essentially playing himself out of the game and when he was on the ball looked far from composed, most of his passes went to a red shirt and quite frankly he does not look ready to play for Jamaica at any level. He didnt play in the centre at all but just had to highlight his poor showing.

After seeing taylor play I wonder if rene simoes lost his mind by selecting this kid into the senior squad. He’s very physical, but yesterday it bordered on being wild and it was due to the simple fact that he does not read the game very well. So he had to make up for his lack of presence with lunging late tackles and you had to wonder if he realized that this was a practice match, he could have been sent off more than once. His passing leaves much to be desired and I did see an ounce of creative potential in his play. It was just hard tackles, passes back to the defenders and pretty obvious forward play and playing with the 10, 19 and 20 of the Costa Ricans u saw the gulf in class between the 2 sets of central midfielders.

Davian Thorpe is pretty much the same type of player as taylor, but made more of an effort to put his foot on the ball, his work rate was good, but pass selection and accuracy was poor. Time and time again he and taylor lost site of the Costa Rican central midfield players.

Campbell gave a good account for himself, showed flashes of brilliance, he was composed on the ball, displayed his ability to beat players off the dribble, made a number of well weighted through passes and basically created everything for the team in the first half. I don’t think he was active enough when we lost the ball though. He was switched to the left and continued playing well putting the wingback under great pressure and eventually started the second half in the centre of midfield, when duckie changed to a 3-5-2 formation.

In the 2nd half John Ross Doyley came on for Davian Thorpe and I was disappointed in the way he played even though he was very involved in the game his distribution and decision making was poor.

Andre Steele came on for Campbell and I thought he showed presence in the middle and the ability to maintain possession of the ball, he sometimes held onto the ball for too long but his teammates gave him few options since there wasn’t much off the ball runs.

Comment

Wow! You may qualify to become an RBSC reporter with this effort.

Send in a resume!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Happy to see the endorsement of Romario Rum-Rum Campbell as the next midfield general for the Boyz. Another left-footed genius from the Harbour View stables, but with a higher work-rate than his obvious mentor. Apparently, it's not high enough, according to Shola's report, but he is the man thus far. Vision, skill (he'll downright embarrass you!), good passes, and unexpectedly good shot.

To think that Davion Thorpe also played for the Boyz senior team recently. Sorry, not yet there! Simoes was trying too hard to come up with the next Bibi.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lawks!!! dis uh sound good, a mussi because the team wasnt at full strength. Thorpe, Taylor, Hyde, and Ross Doyley couldnt put their stamp on the game, on home soil, after all the hype about these youths. Tings haffi get sort out real fast or else wi ago get disappointed once more.
                          Mitty

Comment

Duckie betta nip taylor's aggression in the butt or esle we may end up playing with ten men for a half or so, against very technical side like de US.
                            For some reason I like dis Ross-Doyley kid, he plays simple one touch ball and seem to have the basics down. He is recovering from an injury so he might be a little bit rusty. Let see how the team play agains Mex on Tuesday.
                            Mitty

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Happy to see the endorsement of Romario Rum-Rum Campbell as the next midfield general for the Boyz. Another left-footed genius from the Harbour View stables, but with a higher work-rate than his obvious mentor. Apparently, it's not high enough, according to Shola's report, but he is the man thus far. Vision, skill (he'll downright embarrass you!), good passes, and unexpectedly good shot.

To think that Davion Thorpe also played for the Boyz senior team recently. Sorry, not yet there! Simoes was trying too hard to come up with the next Bibi.
                              Let me make note of that name Romario Campbell,with a name like that he must be good especially the Sir name.

Comment

Working...
                              X