Many a times I've read and heard the saying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Paul Marin;152895]

Warlord - you are over-reacting. Wenger is a GREAT manager. He has nothing to prove to anyone. What he and his board realize is that Arsenal is a business FIRST

Wenger is a very very good manager but not a great manager. His record at Arsenal doesnt dictate what your stating. He has nothing to prove but success is judged by winning trophies in professional sports and doing so consistently.

He has a proven philosophy which requires a rotation of about 6 years to work its magic. He has principles. He does not BUY stars, he CREATES stars. He has a new stadium that MUST be paid for - that is his priority. Fill that stadium and keep expenses low; keep profits as the focus.
    Im not disputing that he isnt good at unearthing talented players at a young age. He is exceptional in that regard. The problem is he isnt producing winning teams at the moment. I dont think any club isnt run as a business in the premiership. Arsenal gets alot of money from TV rights and CL matches not to mention sponsorship deals. Its one of the biggest reasons why CL qualification is so important to the club. Not qualifying would be a huge loss financially for the club.

You will come to know the wisdom of that manager yet. Arsenal would be CRAZY to let him go. Just be patient. There is a reason why your team has the longest tenure in the top flight. It is because it has long had a culture of making wise business choices.
    The same can be said of Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Comment

Boy Lazie, funny how you throw your heroes "under the bus"...that's par for the manure course. Anyway, on the other points, I am not sure where you get your logic from, but let me break it down for you.

It is well documented that Fergie gets the refs he wants, gets the fixtures he wants and generally gets preferential treatment. Is the fact that David Gill has a conflict of interest with the FA? Hmmmm. It also shows up on the field. For example, there have been fewer penalties awarded for or against Manure in the league than any other team since the start of the Prem. Why? You figure that one out but Rafael's foul on Pedersen is a case in point.

In that same game, Ronaldo dived and got a yellow card. Why didn't Pedersen get a yellow card if the Ref was so convinced he dived? MJ_Rover (BBC message boards) stated it best:

The rules state that for it to be a foul one player has to impede the progress of his opponent by unfair means. Did Rafael impede Pedersen's progress? Yes. Did he do it by unfair means? Yes - he did not play the ball (or even an attempt to play it) and made a clear movement with his arm to slow or halt Pedersen's movement by pulling on his shoulder. It is immaterial whether Pedersen goes down or not. A foul is a foul.

Ferguson is spouting his usual tripe, trying to take the focus off how his team were VERY lucky to escape with three points against a team in the bottom three. If ANY opposing player had kicked out at one of his players he would have been complaining to kingdom-come about how they should have been sent off. Cristiano does it and it is 'blown out of proportion' according to him.

Of course, I am forgetting the fact that we play by a different set of rules at Old Trafford.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        Boy Lazie, funny how you throw your heroes "under the bus"...that's par for the manure course. Anyway, on the other points, I am not sure where you get your logic from, but let me break it down for you.

It is well documented that Fergie gets the refs he wants, gets the fixtures he wants and generally gets preferential treatment. Is the fact that David Gill has a conflict of interest with the FA? Hmmmm. It also shows up on the field. For example, there have been fewer penalties awarded for or against Manure in the league than any other team since the start of the Prem. Why? You figure that one out but Rafael's foul on Pedersen is a case in point.

In that same game, Ronaldo dived and got a yellow card. Why didn't Pedersen get a yellow card if the Ref was so convinced he dived? MJ_Rover (BBC message boards) stated it best:

The rules state that for it to be a foul one player has to impede the progress of his opponent by unfair means. Did Rafael impede Pedersen's progress? Yes. Did he do it by unfair means? Yes - he did not play the ball (or even an attempt to play it) and made a clear movement with his arm to slow or halt Pedersen's movement by pulling on his shoulder. It is immaterial whether Pedersen goes down or not. A foul is a foul.

Ferguson is spouting his usual tripe, trying to take the focus off how his team were VERY lucky to escape with three points against a team in the bottom three. If ANY opposing player had kicked out at one of his players he would have been complaining to kingdom-come about how they should have been sent off. Cristiano does it and it is 'blown out of proportion' according to him.

Of course, I am forgetting the fact that we play by a different set of rules at Old Trafford.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
        Yuh listening to Rafa way too much Paul. The only mistake you've made is not to say, "Fact!" for each point.

Y'all give Fergie way too much credit. I noticed you tip toed around the fact that as influencial as Fergie is, Ronaldo scored 2 good goals against Chelsea which were disallowed, 1 against Derby which was disallowed and Evans goal against Blackburn was disallowed. Ask the ref for the Everton game why Carrick's second penalty appeal was not given nuh? Pedersen wasn't fouled, but of course all those chasing the Empire gonna see a phamtom foul.

Time people get past the myths now ... its 2009.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Look, one could break Ronaldo's leg and it would be Ronaldo to be ticketed for having the audacity to fall. If Rooney reverts his outburst of yesteryear, the refs Man U somehow has in its back pocket will kill hym wid cards. We are lucky the the recent spike in non calls/wrong calls made by the refs had nothing to do with Man U games, perhaps those games were used by the refs as dress rehearsal for the Man U games they will one day...

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            Look, one could break Ronaldo's leg and it would be Ronaldo to be ticketed for having the audacity to fall. If Rooney reverts his outburst of yesteryear, the refs Man U somehow has in its back pocket will kill hym wid cards. We are lucky the the recent spike in non calls/wrong calls made by the refs had nothing to do with Man U games, perhaps those games were used by the refs as dress rehearsal for the Man U games they will one day...

Blessed
            No man ... noone sees the numerous hacks Ronaldo get in a game. Its just Fergie working the refs.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
            X