No announcement yet.

U- 20 - Ja vs Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already won at the lowest level and beating Mexico and Canada is no small thing so somebody must be doing something right.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Nice clean recording.
      Thanks for the post boss. Sorry the video did not show the scorer running in. It was brilliantly worked! The coach's work was on show.
      Last edited by Karl; March 1, 2009, 08:42 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We already won at the lowest level and beating Mexico and Canada is no small thing so somebody must be doing something right.
        Sure!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is long time him out ther too. Check this post. . .
          http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ight=Sappleton
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Is long time him out ther too. Check this post. . .
            http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ight=Sappleton
            He impressed the hell out of me!
            Smart! Good running off the ball! Good header! Good with both feet! Fast feet! Powerful shot!

I think he was holding back on using his strength...as the Canadians bounced off him. I think he had it in him to have 'leaned' on them some more. They could not move him off the ball.

When he came on he lifted the TEAM...as I said, I was impressed. I certainly do not think it was an accident that when he came on the ball suddenly was being passed often...and thus the standard of our play went up appreciably.

Comment

How so much line deh pon dat deh field?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                How so much line deh pon dat deh field?
                American Football markings were also present.

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Young Reggae Boyz ready for final push in T&T

Young Reggae Boyz ready for final push in T&T
                    GORDON WILLIAMS, STAR Writer

Under-20 coach Donovan Duckie - jermaine lannaman
                    lauderhill, florida, usa
                    Jamaica's under-20 team wrapped up a satisfactory two-match tour of the United States with a hard-fought 1-0 win over sharp and seasoned Canada here on Friday night.

The young Reggae Boyz boosted their spirits

with a purposeful display, underlining the coaching staff's belief that Jamaica will be top contenders for a spot at this year's Youth World Cup.

"We know the quality we have," said coach Donovan Duckie following midfielder John Ross-Doyley's clinical second-half finish that earned the win at the Lauderhill Sports
                    Park. Jamaica had been held to a 0-0 draw by an invitational under-23 team here on Wednesday.

"(The win) will do a lot for the confidence of the team, especially against a quality team (like Canada)."

Particularly pleased
                    Duckie was particularly pleased by Jamaica's rebound from a testing first half, when Canada's ball movement, speed and constant pressure muzzled the Boyz, especially in midfield. Jamaica's second half, according to the coach, showed his team is maturing in time for the final round of World Cup qualifiers, which begins in Trinidad and Tobago with a game against the United States on March 6.

"Our team now recognises when a good team is up against them," Duckie said. "In the past, it was not necessarily so."

Half-time adjustments, to counter the pace of their opponents and plug the open spaces allowed to Canada earlier, helped Jamaica's turnaround on Friday.

"We have come a far way in adapting to the speed of the game," said Duckie, who pointed to earlier games against El Salvador, Costa Rica and Mexico as key to that progress.

While Jamaica's backline repelled most of Canada's attacks, except for one clear chance booted high by Kennedy Owusu-Ansah, the team's vulnerability was exposed in the first half. The Boyz tightened up midfield with numbers and better organisation after the break and produced a wonderful goal just past the hour mark. Andre Campbell's low cross from the left flank, following a corner, was met by Doyley's telling left-foot shot. The response pleased Duckie.

"The speed of play and the ability of the players to make good decisions and adjustments were good ingredients," he said.

Canada's coach, Tony Fonseca, conceded his team was unhinged by mass substitutions at the break.
                    "We had two totally different halves," Fonseca said. "In the first half we were disciplined. That changed in the second ... The subs didn't help our cause."

Jamaica's execution in the second period was sparked primarily by the introduction of Doyley for Thorpe and big target man Reneil Sappleton for Alonzo Adlam up front. But overall, it was not flawless.

Hurried in attack
                    The Boyz hurried in attack, leading to fumbled opportunities. And Canada missed another golden chance to score when Kyle Porter was sent clear but lost possession after rounding Jamaica's goalkeeper Gariece McPherson.

"There are some areas we have to improve," said Duckie, who chose to stay here and watch Canada draw 0-0 with the US on Sunday. "I think we have to be a little more patient and imaginative in the final third. I think we were a little too direct."

Still, America's technical staff, which attended Friday's game, was impressed.
                    "(Jamaica) have a variety of ways of beating you," US coach Thomas Rongen said.

Comment

Karl - the first half was not good for us; but the second half we dominated. There is no question that we have our challenges, but to say that we don't have a talented team is misleading. I think our problem comes from having a steadfast commitment to changing our mentality on the field, not the physicality.

If I were coaching that team, I would place a high degree of value on execution of the SIMPLE STUFF. I am talking about

1. PASSING when there is an open man - don't take on opponents unnecessarily and by any means necessary, maintain possession

2. TRACKING BACK when we lose the ball

3. SHOOTING early

4. USING SPACE - pass - then move; don't stand up and ball watch.

I think that there is a ton of talent, the fact that they didn't EXECUTE well at times doesn't mean they are not talented. However, if the coaching staff makes it clear that errant passes, silly turnovers and unnecessary showboating won't be looked upon kindly, you will see improvement.

As for "moving the ball around well" - you have to keep that statement in context. You can't expect these lads to play like Barcelona. They kept possession much better than they did in the first half and they played with far more purpose. They also were more tactically astute, keeping the Canadian midfielders out of the game by forcing them to play an inside game. In the first half, their right winger was giving us problems, they forced the wing play (even though the player was substituted) back inside where we were better able to deal with them.

Anyway, I think you're being hyper-critical, but that's okay.

Respec'.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        Karl - the first half was not good for us; but the second half we dominated. There is no question that we have our challenges, but to say that we don't have a talented team is misleading. I think our problem comes from having a steadfast commitment to changing our mentality on the field, not the physicality.

If I were coaching that team, I would place a high degree of value on execution of the SIMPLE STUFF. I am talking about

1. PASSING when there is an open man - don't take on opponents unnecessarily and by any means necessary, maintain possession

2. TRACKING BACK when we lose the ball

3. SHOOTING early

4. USING SPACE - pass - then move; don't stand up and ball watch.

I think that there is a ton of talent, the fact that they didn't EXECUTE well at times doesn't mean they are not talented. However, if the coaching staff makes it clear that errant passes, silly turnovers and unnecessary showboating won't be looked upon kindly, you will see improvement.

As for "moving the ball around well" - you have to keep that statement in context. You can't expect these lads to play like Barcelona. They kept possession much better than they did in the first half and they played with far more purpose. They also were more tactically astute, keeping the Canadian midfielders out of the game by forcing them to play an inside game. In the first half, their right winger was giving us problems, they forced the wing play (even though the player was substituted) back inside where we were better able to deal with them.

Anyway, I think you're being hyper-critical, but that's okay.

Respec'.
                        I never said they were not talented. Fact is, they showed talent in many ways...but TEAM play...that often lack of team play was a huge problem!

...and it is as TEAM we shall move forward or die! Certainly the showed they could pass and move. Did I not say they did that for about 5 -10 minutes of the game? ...and during those periods...I said it was not continuous...they should the could penetrate quite well. It was the lack of sustained passing and movement more than any other fault (there were two occasions of ball watching by the otherwise solid backline that caused my brow to twist in concerned knots as it allowed the Canadians clear sight of goal...) that caused me the serious concerns expressed.

Refusal to pass the ball caused us to give the ball away often...both when we were defending and when we tried to come forward.

Refusal to pass and move caused us to not pose more threats to the canadian goal.

Refusal to pass move thus helped the Canadians to have so many attacks!

Yes, Paul we showed we had talent...but we played crap for at least 80 of the 90 minutes! Let's face facts we were constantly fighting for the ball (commendable that fighting) but we gave ourselves the work by constantly handing the ball to the Canadians!

Comment

Karl, you have to remember there were 7 new players in the squad and that they are YOUNG. I also don't see how you could say they 'played crap for 80' - that's not fair. As I see it, they won against an opponent of a high enough standard but they don't have the basics down. I also think that the coach kept #10 (I don't know his name) on the field too long (entire game); I would have taken him off midway through the first half. But you have to let the coach do that in a friendly. I am not privy to why the coach made the decisions he made, but suffice to say you have to trust him. Maybe he wanted to see who could run for 90 minutes? Who couldn't? That may have been part of his consideration - I don't know.

Anyway, as I see it, if they focus on being patient, they could become a very good team, but that is easier said than done.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            Karl, you have to remember there were 7 new players in the squad and that they are YOUNG. I also don't see how you could say they 'played crap for 80' - that's not fair. As I see it, they won against an opponent of a high enough standard but they don't have the basics down. I also think that the coach kept #10 (I don't know his name) on the field too long (entire game); I would have taken him off midway through the first half. But you have to let the coach do that in a friendly. I am not privy to why the coach made the decisions he made, but suffice to say you have to trust him. Maybe he wanted to see who could run for 90 minutes? Who couldn't? That may have been part of his consideration - I don't know.

Anyway, as I see it, if they focus on being patient, they could become a very good team, but that is easier said than done.
                            mmmm?
                            7 new players? I'll give you that must have added to the problems they had...but I am only going by what I saw.

So adding your other points...valid points...I'll give you that I may have seen them not at their best. I hope to God that is what happened.

#10?
                            The word I got was the coach was insisting that #10 play in from the touchline. That playing in from the touchline on that ooooooh so narrow field, added to the problems #10 had. ...but #10 also made his task difficult by not passing (I'll leave it as that...as he passed so rarely that it was almost 'miracle like' when he did make a pass).

Comment

What is his name (#10)? He was the weakest link to my mind...and he didn't look like he played with a professional attitude. He looked vex half the time.

Comment

Paul, meet Karl!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X