Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiddink its injustice not one penalty

Video:
    Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink gives his reaction to the 1-1 draw with Barcelona in the Champions League Semi-Final 2nd leg.

Nevertheless we should have taken our chances.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1126121770?bctid=22347300001
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I tell you honestly speaking Chelsea should have scored 3 goals we all expect the ref to not make some calls but this ref threw comonsense out the window.

Hard pill to swallow for any football fan , I can imagine the chelsea man dem.

It was an exciting game and barcelona only created one chance and scored..wow go figure?

I think the ref made that game , if he had made his calls it would not be exciting more like a boring blow out.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I swear I saw the ref celebarting with Barcelona , mi dead serious.

Comment

Just finished watching. Barcelona may be the better side, but they should not have gotten the result they did today. The ref kept them in the game until they got the result they wanted.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Cheated out: Foul-mouthed Drogba rages as ref denies furious Chelsea FOUR penalties

By Simon Cass
          Last updated at 8:44 AM on 07th May 2009
          Chelsea's bid for Champions League revenge ended in heartbreak and anger last night.

They were denied a series of clear penalties before Andres Iniesta grabbed a 93rd-minute equaliser to book Barcelona’s place in the final against Manchester United.

But Didier Drogba’s foul-mouthed outburst at Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after the final whistle went over the top and is bound to attract UEFA’s attention.

Scroll down for more

Reffing hell: Drogba gives Ovrebo a piece of his mind, before his impromptu televisual outburst (below)

Didier see what I saw? Drogba pleads with the audience watching at home

Are you watching: Chelsea striker Drogba continues to remonstrate into the Sky Sports TV camera

Calm down, calm down: Blues boss Hiddink and a Stamford Bridge minder fail to control the livid forward

As Ovrebo walked past Drogba, who had been substituted in the second half, the Chelsea striker shouted into a television camera: ‘Are you watching this? It is a f****** disgrace.’
          Ovrebo is said to have admitted to UEFA officials that he made some major mistakes in the game. This is bound to form part of an investigation into the officiating of such a high-pressure tie.

Drogba, sent off against United in last year’s final defeat in Moscow, had to be restrained by manager Guus Hiddink before storming off to the dressing room.
          The reaction from the Chelsea fans was equally furious. They were incensed that four clear claims for a penalty — one for a foul on Florent Malouda by Dani Alves, another by Eric Abidal on Drogba, and two handball shouts against Gerard Pique and Samuel Eto’o — had been waved away by the official.

Rage: A furious Ballack screams at the referee

Pique admitted he did touch the ball with his hand but said: ‘The ref can decide what he wants and he decided it was not a penalty.’

Chelsea had looked on course for a chance to avenge last year’s defeat on penalties by United after Michael Essien’s stunning ninth-minute volley, but Iniesta grabbed Barcelona’s vital away goal with one added minute remaining.

Teutonic turmoil: Ballack appears to strike Ovrebo in his furious pursuit of the official

Hiddink admitted his team should have put the result beyond doubt. He said: ‘We should have scored in an open situation.

But we could talk a lot about penalties not given. There were three situations that were so clear. I shall not say what I really feel. We all feel injustice. You should ask the people at UEFA who gave the referee this game. You have seen clearly — and he was five yards away — the handball by Pique... the hand was going up. If he was blocked from seeing it, then there is also an assistant referee.’

Stunning strike: Essien gives Chelsea the lead with a dramatic volley that left Victor Valdes no chance (below)

Asked whether the refereeing performance had anything to do with UEFA not wanting two English teams in the final again, Hiddink added: ‘You can never prove this. It’s just said out of emotion.’

Chelsea captain John Terry said: ‘The word conspiracy is maybe the wrong one. It’s difficult when players are so high on emotion after a game. People are saying we shouldn’t have reacted the way we did. But those decisions went against us in front of 40,000 people and for the ref to not give one of them is unusual.

‘Why did we get a referee who has officiated in 10 games in the Champions League in his career? I’m fully behind Didier, the way he reacted. It is the referee who should face the consequences, not Didier. We did what we needed to do to beat Barcelona and we expect referees to do the right thing.’

Heartbreak: Iniesta's late strike put paid to Chelsea's dreams of Rome

Barca coach Pep Guardiola was full of praise for the way his side battled back despite having Eric Abidal sent off it the 66th minute.

‘I can understand that Chelsea are disappointed about the referee but I didn’t see the penalty claims,’ he said. ‘What I saw was that we tried to win the game.’
          To dampen Barca’s joy, both they and United will be allocated only 19,500 tickets each for the final in Rome on May 27, an issue both sides will no doubt be taking upwith UEFA.

More...

Print this article
          Read later
          Email to a friend

Share this article:

DM.has("readerComments");DM.has("debate");Add your comments Comments (0)

No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. View all

Click to rate Rating

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

Add your comment

Please provide your full name
          Name: Please enter a valid email address
          Email: Please provide your Town and Country
          Town & Country:
          Please enter a comment
          Your comments: Make text area bigger You have 1000 characters left.
          Remember me - this will save you having to type out your name, location and email address when you next leave a comment.
          Terms & conditionsClearSubmit Content

dm_google_ad_type = '';google_ad_client = 'pub-1303991290747972';google_ad_output = 'js';google_ad_type = 'text';google_language = 'en';google_encoding = 'utf8';google_safe = 'high';google_ad_section = 's1 s2';google_ad_channel="wide_bottom";google_max_num _ads = 3;google_skip = 8;window.google_render_ad();Ads By Google

Arshavin in the News</SPAN>Russian Football Star in the NewsExclusive Interviews. Watch Online!www.russiatoday.com</SPAN>
          Chelsea Electricians</SPAN>Looking for chelsea electricians?We take pride in what we do.stowemercantile.com</SPAN>
          Didier Drogba</SPAN>Find more sources/options forDidier Drogbawww.webcrawler.com</SPAN>
          adverts.addToArray('sky-article','120x600','MOL_SKY_ART');window.google_re nder_ad();
          adverts.addToArray('houseAd','120x160');
          adverts.addToArray('textAd','120x240');Advertisers
          First 3 months free on O2 Home Broadband’s premium package

DIRECT LINE For Business Landlord Insurance - Guaranteed to beat your quote

BT BUSINESS BROADBAND Special offer when you buy online NOW

Mail Partners

SALE NOW ON!
          Grab a bargain at our Femail Fashion Store

CALLS ABROAD FOR LESS
          Save up to 85% in over 175 countries

FREE MOVIES
          30 days free DVD Rental

FREE
          Luxury skiing holiday brochures

FOOTY POOLS Test your knowledge and strike it RICH!

SAVE MONEY NOW
          Cut thousands off your yearly spend with thisismoney.co.uk

Mail Bingo
          Join and get up to £125 free!

TRAVELMAIL GOLD Concierge Service
          3 month FREE trial

dm_google_ad_type = 'sky';google_ad_client = 'pub-1303991290747972';google_ad_output = 'js';google_ad_type = 'text';google_language = 'en';google_encoding = 'utf8';google_safe = 'high';google_ad_section = 's1 s2';google_ad_channel="narrow_left";google_max_num _ads = 8; google_skip = 0; window.google_render_ad();Ads By Google

Sport Psychologist NYC</SPAN>Control your Mind & Body with toolsDeveloped by NYC Sport Psychologistwww.behavioralassociates.com</SPAN>
          Qualifying World Cup News</SPAN>Watch Qualifying World Cup at FSCwith your Favorite Cable Operator!www.att.com/Soccer</SPAN>
          Dating for Soccer fans</SPAN>Local single women who love Soccer.View Photo Profiles. Join for free!www.Search4Singles.net</SPAN>
          Chelsea Townhouse</SPAN>Looking for chelsea townhouse?The smart shopper's choice.shop.compare.com</SPAN>
          chelsea fc home soccer jersey</SPAN>20% Off Orders $100 and up. Plus,Find New Arrivals - Shop Now!www.shopadidas.com</SPAN>
          Chelsea TVs</SPAN>Buy a TV todayat a store in ChelseaMilo.com</SPAN>
          Chelsea Electricians</SPAN>Looking for chelsea electricians?We'll help you save money.www.pricescan.com</SPAN>
          Chelsea - Soccer Fans</SPAN>Talk soccer and all sports withChelsea fans and more...all free!www.rootzoo.com</SPAN>

Comment

see ballack running for cover.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Video Hiddink

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8037146.stm

BBC POST MATCH HIDDINK:

Lampard interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8037154.stm

7 May 2009 10:15 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Drogba rages at ref for Euro exit

Drogba (centre) vents his anger at referee Ovrebo

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba labelled referee Tom Henning Ovrebo a "disgrace" after his side's Champions League exit at the hands of Barcelona. The Blues felt they had four strong shouts for penalties before Barcelona won the semi-final on away goals with a 93rd-minute Andres Iniesta strike.
              After the 1-1 second-leg draw, Drogba ran on to the pitch to confront Ovrebo at the final whistle and was booked.
              He then shouted and swore into TV cameras and may face action from Uefa.
              A Uefa spokesman said: "We will see the report from the referee and match delegate before deciding whether to take any action or not."

Phil McNulty Blog

Chelsea were left with the bitter after-taste of defeat and the potential consequences of another loss of control from Drogba

Phil McNulty

Drogba, who had been substituted after 72 minutes, had to be restrained as Norwegian Ovrebo went down the tunnel.
              Blues captain John Terry, who also strongly remonstrated with Ovrebo, defended the reactions of the Chelsea players and Drogba in particular.
              "I am fully behind Didier for the way he reacted," declared Terry. "The man wants to win. You can see the passion that he played with during the game and the passion afterwards.
              "People are saying we shouldn't have reacted the way we did but the fact is, six decisions went against us in front of 40,000 people. And for the ref to not give one of them is unusual."

Hiddink unhappy with penalty decisions

The central defender also condemned the decision to select Ovrebo for such a high-profile tie.
              "We get a referee who has officiated in 10 Champions League games in his career. For me, for him to be given a semi-final at Stamford Bridge, that's not good enough," Terry told BBC Radio 5 Live.
              In fact, the match official has been in charge of 28 Champions League games since 1999, but midfielder Frank Lampard was equally damning of the decisions to reject Chelsea's penalty appeals.
              "The penalties are clear as day," he added. "The linesman's in line, the referee's nearby. There were about three of them that were clear as anything and I can't understand why they weren't given."
              Fellow midfielder Michael Ballack, who was booked for running 40 yards alongside Ovrebo to protest over the final penalty appeal being dismissed, said: "Everybody saw it and it was not one or two decisions, there were at least three, four five maybe we can discuss.
              "It was not just the last-minute decision. If you have the history of the situations before maybe he should give this one at least."

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink supported his players for their actions and revealed he would stand by them.
              "I can fully understand in the emotion of the game, as long as they don't touch him, I can fully understand this disappointment," he said of his players' reactions to the referee's rulings.
              "It's not just one decision in doubt but it's several.
              "I can fully understand and I protect my players for this when they have this emotion, just with loads of energy and adrenalin in their bodies."
              In 2005, Swedish referee Anders Frisk was heavily criticised by then Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho after Drogba was controversially sent off in the first leg of a last-16 Champions League tie against Barcelona, which the Spanish side won 2-1.

Frisk then received death threats and subsequently decided to retire from the game.
              At the time, Chelsea issued a statement condemning the actions of those who had abused Frisk.
              Former Uefa ref Graham Poll was quick to dismiss any suggestion that the governing body had influenced Ovrebo to ensure Barcelona reached the final on 27 May against Manchester United.
              He told the BBC: "I refereed in Uefa for 13 years, 11 in their top group of referees, and never, ever, ever was there any suggestion of 'it would be nice if this team won' or 'could you do this team a favour' - I promise you, absolutely nothing.
              "I'm 99.9% certain that there was nothing untoward going on here."
              Poll added: "Tom had a bad day at work and, unfortunately, for a referee that gets highlighted.
              "Irrespective of that, you can't possibly condone the behaviour of the Chelsea players at the final whistle and even before that."
              Last edited by Sir X; May 7, 2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Lazie do you understand the influence and power of the 13th man ?

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Lazie do you understand the influence and power of the 13th man ?
                  I'm sorry, I don't see why I'm being called out here. All I know 2 teams were playing to be loser in Rome.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

When the 13th man comes calling for MAN U ,dont shed a tear.It may not be the CL final ,The FA cup final or any final but it will come on a day when you will cry /die for a win.

Lampard Gutted After Defeat

Video:
                    Frank Lampard is distraught after the semi final defeat to Barcelona
                    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1126121770?bctid=22411401001

Ballack Unhappy With Decisions

Video:
                    Michael Ballack was not happy with the refereeing decisions on such a big occasion
                    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1126121770?bctid=22411412001

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post

Barca coach Pep Guardiola was full of praise for the way his side battled back despite having Eric Abidal sent off it the 66th minute.

‘I can understand that Chelsea are disappointed about the referee but I didn’t see the penalty claims,’ he said. ‘What I saw was that we tried to win the game.’
                      So whe him was? aahhh bwoyy... I guess it's the spin he has to give.
                      Peter R

Comment

I suspect Drogba and Ballack will pay a price for thier post-game tirades.

I think Abidal's red card will be rescinded.

And I hope Barca re-visits the drawing board strategy-wise cah de shyte dem play yesterday will have the Fergie's team mek ManUre out ah dem.
                        Peter R

Comment

Reggaeboyz can learn alot from these Managers how they defend thier players .

Imagine Onandi pulling a Drogba or Ballack ? Ban im fi life ! I like how the Barca coach blind .I remember Wegner doing the same thing once , I didnt see it .

One reason why I support Barnes he knows its us against them in football.All matters must be dealt with behind closed doors with the apperance of player unity.

Rene & Burrell dont have a clue here in this psychological tactic.

Comment

They will pay by UEFA but surely Chelsea will reward them.The english FA would probably support them at Chelsea insistence.

I couldnt see the JFF doing anything like this for anyone of our players or clubs .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              I'm sorry, I don't see why I'm being called out here. All I know 2 teams were playing to be loser in Rome.

That was genius Mr. President.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X