No announcement yet.

I said coming into the GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see it deh, dem change di name. I thought it was npl.
    Now what does DPL mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      see it deh, dem change di name. I thought it was npl.
      Now what does DPL mean?
      . Yuh aware the EPL was changed the BPL as well? The D stands for Digicel.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Before the GC nuff people predicted we would win the tournament, and even after our pathetic performance vs Canada that view did not change for some people. While many are bawling about the loss to Costa Rica and the excuse was the red prevented us from competing. I expected Jamaica to lose to Costa Rica, and we will finish at the bottom of the group.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Check this : I supported the mindset of going in the tourney to win it. To me it's pointless going to competition wit any other mindset. I did not come out and say Ja would win the GC (because I haven't seen Ja played in a while) I have seen more games with Brasil, USA, Spain et al than JA.

Comment

Why wouldn't they have a mindset of winning the cup. As poor as the players have been, they had chances to beat Canada, was the better team before the red card against Costa Rica and the other teams in other groups do not have their best players here.

Comment

See that's our problem : we look at football through the lens of high scholl football. How many iNT'l games have seen where teams started out the better ones until the opponent slowly take control and win?

There is no excuse: talent alone cannot win on the INT'L stage. Ja was deficient in many areas (discipline, focus et alli) hence our loss. We are just not good as we think we are. Time to step back and rebuild.

Comment

Yes we are not as good as we think, but that team that is assembled can certainly beat those teams that they played against. Whether they get their act together or not is another thing.

Man want to tell me seh Onyewu wasn't much better than Stew Peas and Claude. LOL

Comment

Better how? technically? that's just one aspect of INT'L football. It's high time we look at the game for what it is: no control of self and you lose no matter how technical you are. We are lost on composure. boss so many weaknesses. we have to go back to the basics: build a local team and identify UB40s to augment weak areas. (that's what took us to FRAnce).

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    build a local team and identify UB40s to augment weak areas. (that's what took us to FRAnce).
                    The "locals" that took us to France are not there anymore. After France scouts came looking for our players and now the best play overseas. It's a different time the old blueprint is now invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      Backup .. other than me, no one else said anything about winning the GC (i think). T.K. asked what would make this GC a success for the team, and I still insist than anything other than winning the GC is a failure. Sorry, who wanna sugarcoat failure by seeing us being knocked out in the next round can gwaan fool themselves.

People here talk bout us beating Spain and even talk as if we anywhere as good as the USA much less better than them, yet the USA, Mexico and Costa Rica took B and C teams to the Gold Cup, Canada is basically rebuilding, Jamaica took their strongest squad .... why shouldn't they win it? If dem cannot win it ... scrape the JFF den and stop waste money. This stupid talk bout the GC is the next step in our development ain't nothing but another cow jump over the moon nursery rhyme.

Lazie, many here was saying we WILL win the GC. I couldnt understand why.

1. we have a team that had no serious preparation
                      2. we have a team that has no discipline
                      3. we have an inexperience coach,>>>and it is showing up
                      4. we have an inept JFF.
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                        Lazie, many here was saying we WILL win the GC. I couldnt understand why.

1. we have a team that had no serious preparation
                        2. we have a team that has no discipline
                        3. we have an inexperience coach,>>>and it is showing up
                        4. we have an inept JFF.

Okay ... sorry, wasn't aware. When the gladis dem get inna dem glory mi tune dem out.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Lazie the team has no structure. These players come back unfit and unprepared to play. Teach them a lesson and build for the next 4 years.

This suggests Stonigut is correct - The players do not grasp the importance of playing for Jamaica.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                            too many ****************ing myths !!1

1. we WILL win the Gold Cup..on what basis ?
                            2. Abundance of talent...whatever that is
                            3. Tappa is the best thing since slice bread >>he lacks the experience and needs guidance.
                            4. We have a GOOD TEAM !..
                            There is abundance of talent...but as Jawge keeps saying talent alone cannot cut it!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                            X