• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tappa questions Hue ?

Boyz need 'magic'
    ... Whitmore on hunt for creative midfielder
    BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor
    Friday, November 20, 2009
    ATLANTA, Georgia - Reggae Boyz coach Theodore Whitmore has conceded that the team is lacking a "creative midfielder".
    He admitted that the senior national team needs a player whose 'magic' will help to win games by providing for strikers and other players around him.

DALEY (centre)... knows how to use the football
    "Yes, we're searching for that kind of player as we're in the whole rebuilding process, but we have a young Keammar Daley who we're looking to inject in that sort of role," said Whitmore at the Bloemfontein airport on Wednesday as the Jamaica team departed for Johannesburg to make their connection to Kingston.

In their game against South Africa's 'Bafana Bafana' on Tuesday night at the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein, the Reggae Boyz lacked creative muscle in midfield and subsequently crawled to a 0-0 result with the hosts.

"We need someone like that who could set up the strikers. Yes, it's something that we're looking at," Whitmore reiterated.

But in the absence of a genuinely natural player with these sublime qualities, Whitmore is confident young Daley - the top goalscorer at the Pan Am Games in Brazil in 2007 - possesses the raw material, but needs a bit of polish to fit into the role.

"Daley is that sort of player who can create and finish as well and he knows how to use the football," said Whitmore, Jamaica's two-goal hero against Japan at the 1998 World Cup Finals in France.

In the recent past, successive Jamaican senior outfits have paraded midfield players who are generally dribblers, runners and defensive-minded, but none with the exquisite gift of creating for self and others.
    It is an ongoing talking point in Jamaica that such a player exists in the form of Harbour View's Jermaine Hue, but still the crafty midfielder remains in the wilderness as far as international football is concerned.

"Jermaine Hue is a class player, but does he want to play for Jamaica? And before we can even go into any discussion on that, we have to get that straightened out," Whitmore said.

"I have never had the chance to coach Jermaine Hue, but it seems to me he's frustrated with the past coaches for some reason. To be honest, you have players who think they are being used and probably Jermaine is one of them who thinks that he is only called to the senior team when the name overseas-based players are not around," added the Jamaican coach.

Whitmore said no one questions Hue's abilities, but claims he's not convinced the St Thomas native has the appetite for the national set-up.
    "It's not like Jermaine Hue cannot play football, and I don't think anyone questions that. He has the quality to play, but does he really want to play? I must ask again," noted Whitmore.

With the lack of a gifted player in the team, Whitmore said maybe it's time for "me to step up and talk with him".

"I have never ruled our Jermaine or another player for that matter," Whitmore added.

The Reggae Boyz returned home yesterday.
    Last edited by Karl; November 20, 2009, 09:26 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Hmmm, I think I might need to get some new letterheads. These "Maestro for Reggae Boyz" ones look kinda jaded.

And as for the t-shirts, we definitely need some new ones.

Rahtid! Did I say all that out loud? I'm embarrassed.

And yes, Me, I have already begun to stock up on my Dubbin for the boots.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      Boyz need 'magic'
      ... Whitmore on hunt for creative midfielder
      BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor
      Friday, November 20, 2009
      ATLANTA, Georgia - Reggae Boyz coach Theodore Whitmore has conceded that the team is lacking a "creative midfielder".
      He admitted that the senior national team needs a player whose 'magic' will help to win games by providing for strikers and other players around him.
      DALEY (centre)... knows how to use the football
      "Yes, we're searching for that kind of player as we're in the whole rebuilding process, but we have a young Keammar Daley who we're looking to inject in that sort of role," said Whitmore at the Bloemfontein airport on Wednesday as the Jamaica team departed for Johannesburg to make their connection to Kingston.
      In their game against South Africa's 'Bafana Bafana' on Tuesday night at the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein, the Reggae Boyz lacked creative muscle in midfield and subsequently crawled to a 0-0 result with the hosts.
      "We need someone like that who could set up the strikers. Yes, it's something that we're looking at," Whitmore reiterated.
      But in the absence of a genuinely natural player with these sublime qualities, Whitmore is confident young Daley - the top goalscorer at the Pan Am Games in Brazil in 2007 - possesses the raw material, but needs a bit of polish to fit into the role.
      "Daley is that sort of player who can create and finish as well and he knows how to use the football," said Whitmore, Jamaica's two-goal hero against Japan at the 1998 World Cup Finals in France.
      In the recent past, successive Jamaican senior outfits have paraded midfield players who are generally dribblers, runners and defensive-minded, but none with the exquisite gift of creating for self and others.
      It is an ongoing talking point in Jamaica that such a player exists in the form of Harbour View's Jermaine Hue, but still the crafty midfielder remains in the wilderness as far as international football is concerned.
      "Jermaine Hue is a class player, but does he want to play for Jamaica? And before we can even go into any discussion on that, we have to get that straightened out," Whitmore said.
      "I have never had the chance to coach Jermaine Hue, but it seems to me he's frustrated with the past coaches for some reason. To be honest, you have players who think they are being used and probably Jermaine is one of them who thinks that he is only called to the senior team when the name overseas-based players are not around," added the Jamaican coach.
      Whitmore said no one questions Hue's abilities, but claims he's not convinced the St Thomas native has the appetite for the national set-up.
      "It's not like Jermaine Hue cannot play football, and I don't think anyone questions that. He has the quality to play, but does he really want to play? I must ask again," noted Whitmore.
      With the lack of a gifted player in the team, Whitmore said maybe it's time for "me to step up and talk with him".
      "I have never ruled our Jermaine or another player for that matter," Whitmore added.
      The Reggae Boyz returned home yesterday.
      Watching Dada as a 14 year old ah wile up Manning Cup players it was always obvious that he belongs in the middle of the park..close skills, vision, passing, a decent work rate....AND a goal scorer.

Why the kid switched or was switched to striking I have no clue...but he should long have been in a group being groomed for that creative midfield role...straight.

Hope springs eternal.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Watching Dada as a 14 year old ah wile up Manning Cup players it was always obvious that he belongs in the middle of the park..close skills, vision, passing, a decent work rate....AND a goal scorer.

Why the kid switched or was switched to striking I have no clue...but he should long have been in a group being groomed for that creative midfield role...straight.

Hope springs eternal.
        Closest thing to a maestro on the side. Excellent close ball control skills and a good shot, left or right!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sorry to say, Hue needs a coach and a motivator or a coach who is a motivator!

..but bredda needs to increase work-rate and thus TEAMplay. His current work-rate causes too much losing of the ball at the international level....i.e. levels above CFU's schoolboy foolishness.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post

Hope springs eternal.

decent work rate?

Where in the DPL?

...e.g. in levels above CFU have we been noticing how often the ball is 'picked' from him or his passing options are closed down and his passes picked off...and his teams pay the price that losing the ball?

He just does not put himself (I think he 'can do') into 'one time passing phase' when he, I hope, notices that giving away of the ball by himself is frequently occuring. He just continues on his own unchaging pace - of thought and actions.

There was one match where he was sublime - I think it was in Giants Stadium, New York...when I was salivating at the thought of where he would have been...

...and why can he not, even at this late stage, step up/change...he has as you have said, all of the necessary technical skills and the vision [seeing many steps before others where the ball should go - (as I said, previously too often it does not go) - to effect most damage]...after all is said, he still is *potentially our best?!

* How hell can you be our best when you lose the ball so often?

ooooh, Manning Cup!
            OK!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

nonsense! as you have spouted for the last 10 years.

but don't worry. he has retired from international football.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have always supported Tappa but he is talking crap here. If he wants Hue he would have called him. Other than JJ which creative player he uses. Omar Cummings is a creator for his team and he is not using him.

Tappa believe inna speed and has been using that, but now it is not working he simply has to change.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wait, tappa just a wipe di matta outta him yeye?

Sorry mo, the HUE campaign is a tired and out-dated one. I am hereby petitioning the start of the Akeem Priestly Campaign....

Once again, feast unnuh eyes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_tfRTB8HA

Comment

yuh see mi a run nuh campaign, boss?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      nonsense! as you have spouted for the last 10 years.

but don't worry. he has retired from international football.
                      Can someone list the international matches outside of the CFU i.e. CONCACAF and others - friendlies and tournament - in which Hue played? I shall try to find one of which at least one other poster has a copy. I shall then cull Hue's touches and his passes and faithfully list the numbers. The succeses on passes and the failures will be listed.
                      Thank you!
                      Last edited by Karl; November 20, 2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

knock yourself out, karl.

i'd hope you'd choose to do something more useful with your time, but you are your own man.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whey yuh get suh much time from?!!! MOSIAH.......?!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i know! Karl, beg yuh tek up di Windex and go tek care a dem window deh fi mi!

bout count pass!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Can someone list the international matches outside of the CFU i.e. CONCACAF and others - friendlies and tournament - in which Hue played? I shall try to find one of which at least one other poster has a copy. I shall then cull Hue's touches and his passes and faithfully list the numbers. The succeses on passes and the failures will be listed.
                              Thank you!
                              and in that time period, who ago pay attention to your lady? u want hire mi fi do dat?

Comment

Working...
                              X