No announcement yet.

Tappa questions Hue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that was my response too when you did it! i'm happy that you have come around. again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo you sure bout that. Nuh Hue miss flight one time during you bredrin Boxhull tenure and is Bronx League people see him same time.

Comment

Mo Akeem was injuried towards the end of season his last year in college.
        Even when he was on the field he wasn't really as good then. Without him been a full 100% and Obrien White out UCONN fumbled.

Akeem went into the MLS draft as one of the players who was expected to make the cutbut he was obviously unfit and he didn't impress. He was not taken so it is no wonder he didn't impress at HV as he needed some match fitness as he didn't play a good game in months. His stock fell like the Dow in a recession in the MLS draft.

Hope he is doing well now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Mo Akeem was injuried towards the end of season his last year in college.
          Even when he was on the field he wasn't really as good then. Without him been a full 100% and Obrien White out UCONN fumbled.

Akeem went into the MLS draft as one of the players who was expected to make the cutbut he was obviously unfit and he didn't impress. He was not taken so it is no wonder he didn't impress at HV as he needed some match fitness as he didn't play a good game in months. His stock fell like the Dow in a recession in the MLS draft.

Hope he is doing well now.
          Asasin: Your info on Priestly is not entirely correct. I live in Kansas City and the papers here were splattered with the KC Wizards acquiring the player. As a matter of fact, the Wizards' site even had up a pictures of him for sometime before it was taken off. Also see this from the MLS website on the Wizards and Priestly:-
          With their fourth and fifth picks of the day (42nd and 50th overall), the Wizards chose former St. John's University goalkeeper Neal Kitson, who made the 2008 College Cup All-Tournament Team, and University of Connecticut product, midfielder Akeem Priestley, a member of the Jamaican U-23 national team.
          A lot of players get drafted in the league and if they cannot agree with the team they are drafted by to terms with which they are comfortable, then the deal just dies. Priestly could have gone on to some other team where he could be offered more money, but the team which drafted him has rights to him for two years if he decides to play in the MLS. A team in the MLS wanting him would have to negotiate terms for a transfer if done during that 2 year period.

Anyway, because being drafted does not tie a player to playing in the MLS, then Priestly had the right to explore his options outside the league, which he did.

I saw him in a couple games when you were saying he was "chawing iron" for UConn and I was not impressed. I was telling myself that maybe he was having an off game.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sorry I made on mistake. He was drafted but was dropped. Akeem had a very good junior and sophmore year. His senior year was riddled with injury. You can check the stats for yourself.

The MLS got rid of their second team and it is the reason why some good draft pick including Lyle Adams were not giving a chance. Akeem only chance was the A league.

The MLS teams don't want to bug down their rosters with internationals that they don't consider exceptional. Anyway at the end of the day he had to explore his options and he did. Rookies like Akeem will not get more than 25000 their first year no matter what.

He was drafted 50 out of 60 in the final round.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

also you talk about me saying Akeem is "chawing iron" is nothing about fabrication. I have oftenly spoke about what Obrien White was doing which is unparrellel by any other Jamaican player in a US college. I may have said Akeem was playing good but not to the extent you are trying to potrait.

Comment

You are correct, you always say more about White playing well than Priestly. So are we going to make a case to Tappa to give White a look before Canada captures him?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

mi tell everybody who want to hear already. Canada have one Jamaican born striker in Simeon Jackson and if were are not careful they will have 3 by next world cup in Obrien White and Orgill.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Boyz need 'magic'
                    ... Whitmore on hunt for creative midfielder
                    BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor
                    Friday, November 20, 2009
                    ATLANTA, Georgia - Reggae Boyz coach Theodore Whitmore has conceded that the team is lacking a "creative midfielder".
                    He admitted that the senior national team needs a player whose 'magic' will help to win games by providing for strikers and other players around him.

DALEY (centre)... knows how to use the football
                    "Yes, we're searching for that kind of player as we're in the whole rebuilding process, but we have a young Keammar Daley who we're looking to inject in that sort of role," said Whitmore at the Bloemfontein airport on Wednesday as the Jamaica team departed for Johannesburg to make their connection to Kingston.

In their game against South Africa's 'Bafana Bafana' on Tuesday night at the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein, the Reggae Boyz lacked creative muscle in midfield and subsequently crawled to a 0-0 result with the hosts.

"We need someone like that who could set up the strikers. Yes, it's something that we're looking at," Whitmore reiterated.

But in the absence of a genuinely natural player with these sublime qualities, Whitmore is confident young Daley - the top goalscorer at the Pan Am Games in Brazil in 2007 - possesses the raw material, but needs a bit of polish to fit into the role.

"Daley is that sort of player who can create and finish as well and he knows how to use the football," said Whitmore, Jamaica's two-goal hero against Japan at the 1998 World Cup Finals in France.

In the recent past, successive Jamaican senior outfits have paraded midfield players who are generally dribblers, runners and defensive-minded, but none with the exquisite gift of creating for self and others.
                    It is an ongoing talking point in Jamaica that such a player exists in the form of Harbour View's Jermaine Hue, but still the crafty midfielder remains in the wilderness as far as international football is concerned.

"Jermaine Hue is a class player, but does he want to play for Jamaica? And before we can even go into any discussion on that, we have to get that straightened out," Whitmore said.

"I have never had the chance to coach Jermaine Hue, but it seems to me he's frustrated with the past coaches for some reason. To be honest, you have players who think they are being used and probably Jermaine is one of them who thinks that he is only called to the senior team when the name overseas-based players are not around," added the Jamaican coach.

Whitmore said no one questions Hue's abilities, but claims he's not convinced the St Thomas native has the appetite for the national set-up.
                    "It's not like Jermaine Hue cannot play football, and I don't think anyone questions that. He has the quality to play, but does he really want to play? I must ask again," noted Whitmore.

With the lack of a gifted player in the team, Whitmore said maybe it's time for "me to step up and talk with him".

"I have never ruled our Jermaine or another player for that matter," Whitmore added.

The Reggae Boyz returned home yesterday.
                    Tappa is not Prudence about making Hue ah central midfield ,In tappa's
                    343 him need fi hav ah good play-making and at developing a good play .
                    Andy williams is 32 jerry hue is 33 ,andy can best used in a play making
                    role . di odda midfield must hav defesive abilities dat nuh match hue .
                    unless him want to put hue pon one ah di side midfield fi play dung di
                    flank dem ,dat nuh match hue . Yard people luv to much pretty ball .
                    and a average age of 29 must be reach .
                    Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                    United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                    happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                    Probably forthcoming...

Comment

get your facts straight before yuh come on here talking crap. go and do your homework re their ages!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        get your facts straight before yuh come on here talking crap. go and do your homework re their ages!

jerry hue is 33:

Fact File: Jermaine Hue ALIAS Jerry DOB Thursday, June 15, 1978 POSITION Midfielder CAPS 7 CURRENT CLUB Harbour View PREVIOUS CLUB(s) None ACHIEVEMENTS

OK HUE IS 1 year
                        younger ,big deal !.
                        United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                        Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Not just that, he is one year younger than Andy Williams! ANOTHER BIG DEAL!!!

and another fact - YOUR SUBTRACTION SUCKS!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not just that, he is one year younger than Andy Williams! ANOTHER BIG DEAL!!!

and another fact - YOUR SUBTRACTION SUCKS!!!
                            I hope you can help influence the JFF Technical Commitee ,and let them
                            know that Median Age for the Reggaeboyz must be no older than 29 years
                            old .
                            Probably forthcoming...

Comment

and this 29 years is based on what rule, or was calculated using whose theorem?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and this 29 years is based on what rule, or was calculated using whose theorem?
                                very simple , add up every body age and devide it by 11 or 18
                                the amount of players on the squad.
                                Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                                X