No announcement yet.

Am I the only one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jawge re-read my entire pieces on the matter! I think Tappa belongs but it's not about what I think. The sponsors carry the swing and it matters not what you and I think. Is dem ah spend dem money so is dem a run di cut!

Again, take a second read on my posts and you'll find out that you're barking up the wrong tree!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Why not leave Tappa for the next 18 months before looking for a "name brand" coach? Until then (unless we develop a losing appetite), it would be premature to dispense with his services. The only thing I think Mr Burrell should worry about at this juncture, is winning over the sponsors and persuading them to buy into the Whitmore leadership. If Mr Burrell cannot get the sponsors to jump aboard, then I have no problem acquiring the coach with a face. Afterall, the continued growth of the program comes first.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I wonder why you wouldn't draw comparisons? I'm sure you are very much familiar with scales and ratios; this is where the comparisons are being drawn (would you say Ja's 98 campign in France was a success?) Why pre empt the sponsors though?

Comment

Farmah pleas ponit out to me where the sponsors are saying they are unhappy with Tappa and would like to have a coach from abroad (please don't quote the "mout sponsors" thanks.)

Comment

Jawge are you just arguing for argument sake, or do you analyse before you move on to a point?

I am sure you are not naive to the executive jungle and how corporate execs want to spend their advertising dollars!

However, if you want to take the position that it is MY VIEW that Tappa should not be given the task of taking us into 2014, then go ahead - you have the Soap Box!

Comment

Okay, it's not your view. Point out these sponsors that are disgruntled and want to see the back of Tappa. Thanks.

Comment

Long time mi tell unnu bout the older badminded coaches who was glad to the Meadhaven coach fail, who was glad to see Duckie fail. They offered no help but was on the sideline been critics in everything the youth them do.

They feel they have a devine right to be in the program. One thing with coaches in America and that is they rally round each other and that why they have succeeded meanwhile our coaches don't rally around each other and tear each other apart because we know more than they do.

If one Jamaican coach is successful then we are. If Tappa fail we all fail.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                  Now them criticizing Whitmore for taking off Luton Shelton...this is a PRACTICE match it doesn't matter...Jeffery Maxwell is a clown and him obviously bad minding Whitmore
                  You heard it too? Half time I just logged off.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Let me get this straight two commentators planned to attack Whitmore , his , tactical approach or lack of it in this game ?

hmmmmmmm, well lets say it wasnt planned it just happened .....hmmmmm.

I thought about it , you guys are tribalist or tappa-ist !
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                      Let me get this straight two commentators planned to attack Whitmore , his , tactical approach or lack of it in this game ?

hmmmmmmm, well lets say it wasnt planned it just happened .....hmmmmm.

I thought about it , you guys are tribalist or tappa-ist !
                      2 commentators? No ... just Jeffery.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie the guy agreed with 99% of Maxwell assesment of Tappas tactical game plan or lack there off i.e mailing passes ,slow pace of the game , lack of midfield , 4 defenders sitting back marking one man , shelton on his own up front etc.

Who asked the question in which Maxwell answered about HUE , (not one in the island he watches the games every week )and why would he ask more importantly ?

Because im lick out gainst sheltons sub yuh a guh throw everything else out.The statement was wrong yes but was the entire verbal script ?
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                          The question is:
                          Can we get the corporate sponsors to buy into this way of thinking?

They're putting up their dollars and may quite likely want to see a "name brand" coach/TD at the helm. Whitmore was winning games when The Captain brought in Johnny Barnes. The visibility factor is at play here wbvs; and Whitmore could be a victim in this scenario. We can argue for his sake and hope that he gets to keep his job but I won't be surprised if a more marketable coach/TD is signed.

Tappa have credentials , him start to get corporate jamaica support
                          already , he got a brand new vehicle from one of the JFF Sponcors .
                          Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                          United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                          happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

really?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tilla we have to go away from that approach.. You can have all the corp backing and still not get to the world cup.. If the coach is doing a good job on the field that all that should matter. If the idea of who is acceptable to coproate Jamaica then we will make bad decisions. To be fair tappa has done well with this team. One could argue that left alone we would be in S.A. As to your point where tappa played.. Where did Wegner play.. or

Comment

Oj careful because; he will then switch to credentials. If all fails then it's down to the corporate sponsors, maybe just maybe you will hear that the poor youth in Ja or the devastated people in Haiti doesn't want tappa (that's if the sponsors thing doesn't work).

Comment

Working...
                                X