RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sass, who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tek him , we will keep Rafa

The Spaniard, who guided Liverpool to two Champions League Finals, is 2-1 favourite with Hills to take over.

Roberto Martinez, who guided Wigan to 15th and 16th in the last two seasons, is the 5-2 second favourite.

Thats the liverpool job, if dem eva, is a straight revolt by fans and club , wi nuh want a next roy hodgson.He is more suited to Aston villa/Sass ambition.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yeah man after Hollier and a X-Birmingham coach it is good to give a young coach with some experience with coaching youth a chance. As player we know he is not a long ball coach. He maybe able to help our forwards.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Solskjaer in talks with Villa as Lerner sends jet to Norway for ex-United striker

By Sportsmail Reporter
        PUBLISHED: 10:29, 18 May 2012 | UPDATED: 10:49, 18 May 2012

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has officially opened talks with Aston Villa about becoming the club's new manager.
        Solskjaer is currently in charge of Molde, a club where he spent two years prior to joining Manchester United in 1996 with whom he made 366 appearances, scoring 126 goals in 11 seasons.
        A statement on Molde's website read: 'Molde Football Club is aware of interest and contact from Aston Villa, and is aware that Aston Villa and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer are holding talks.'

Jet set: Randy Learner sent his private plane to Norway for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Solskjaer's odds on taking up the post vacated by Alex McLeish on Monday following the Scot's sacking were slashed down to 6-4 from 25-1, with the Norwegian odds-on favourite on Friday.
        Lerner's private jet flew into Solskjaer's home town of Kristiansund to collect the 39-year-old and fly him to Birmingham to begin negotiations.
        Solskjaer is seen as the young, progressive manager required by Lerner after first failing with Gerard Houllier and then McLeish in the wake of Martin O'Neill's departure in August 2010.
        After quitting playing in 2008, Solskjaer took charge of United's reserve team for two and a half years before guiding Molde to their first Norwegian league title in 100 years last October at the end of his debut campaign in charge.
        Solskjaer, however, is just one year into a four-year contract, and can look forward to Champions League football next season.

Wanted: Solskjaer is the favourite to replace Alex McLeish at Aston Villa

Another consideration for the man who earned the nickname of 'the baby-faced assassin' during his United days is his family of wife Silje and three children and whether to uproot them given they have only just settled in Norway.
        However, the lure of Barclays Premier League football and going head to head with old mentor in Sir Alex Ferguson, as well as reviving Villa's hopes following a woeful season, is likely to prove irresistible.
        McLeish presided over a season in which Villa managed a club record low of four home wins, accumulating a points tally of 38 which was their lowest for 42 years and an eventual 16th-place finish which was their worst in six seasons.
        It is claimed Molde have confirmed Villa's interest in Solskjaer, who was reportedly not at Molde's training ground on Friday despite an away game at Sandnes Ulf on Sunday.

Impressed: Wanted: Solskjaer has enjoyed instant success at Molde

Former Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Barnsley striker Jan Aage Fjortoft, now a television presenter, tweeted: 'Molde confirms Aston Villa interest for Solskjaer. Ready to negotiate.'
        Fjortoft has also confirmed Lerner's jet departed Kristiansund today, adding: 'Employees at the airport saying Ole Gunnar AND his wife were on board. Seems like Elvis has left the building.'
        Fjortoft, however, does have his doubts about Solskjaer accepting the job, adding: 'Not sure Solskjaer will go for this.
        'Champions League with Molde and always one who likes to end what he is starting. But hey! It's Premier League.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1vDzlGzcj

Comment

Solskjaer knocks back Aston Villa as former Manchester United star stays with Molde

By Sportsmail Reporter
          PUBLISHED: 13:22, 19 May 2012 | UPDATED: 16:11, 19 May 2012
          Aston Villa's search for a new manager goes on after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ruled himself out of the running for the job on Saturday.

The former Manchester United forward said he intends to 'stand by' the remaining two years on his contract at current club Molde, having held talks with Villa on Friday.

Solskjaer, his wife Silje and agent Jim Solbakken were flown from their home town of Kristiansund to Birmingham for a four-hour meeting.

Wanted: Solskjaer held talks about replacing Alex McLeish at Aston Villa

However, they returned to Norway on Friday night to learn that Molde's billionaire backer Kjell Inge Rokke had pulled the plug on his company's 20-year support as a result of the meeting with Villa.

The move is a big financial blow to the Norwegian champions and the 39-year-old Solskjaer faced the media on Saturday morning in a bid to clarify what happened.

'I was asked by a friend whether I was interested in speaking with Villa,' Solskjaer told a press conference.

'I called Kjell Inge straight away. We agreed that I could speak to them on Wednesday, that it was okay.

'I have not had any offers. I'm not looking for another job.

'In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that.
          'I've only spoken with them and expect them to speak to more people. They're looking for a new manager. If they make contact, I'll make a decision then.'
          He jokingly added: 'But I won't wait for a private jet.'
          Jet set: Randy Learner sent his private plane to Norway for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Solskjaer suggested after his meeting with Villa that the talks had been nothing more than an 'initial, informal chat', but the trip appeared to upset Rokke, who is the chairman and a major shareholder in industrial investment firm Aker.
          Rokke released a statement on Friday night questioning Solskjaer's decision to speak to Villa after the coach missed a training session with Molde in order to fly to England.

Although Solskjaer today insisted he had done nothing wrong in talking to the midlands club, he admitted the situation could have been handled better.

'I would have spoken with them (Villa) regardless, despite seeing the consequences of it,' he said. 'I have to protect myself, my ambitions and my family.

'I've said for a long time I have ambitions of being a Premier League manager but I hadn't expected to receive inquiries so soon. I've only been home for 18 months.

Impressive: Solskjaer has enjoyed instant success at Molde

'But I'm not looking for another job. My children are happy here, my wife is happy, I'm happy and I've had some success.'
          He added: '(Wigan manager) Roberto Martinez has been given permission to speak to Liverpool, who are a fantastic big club, and you know he has ambitions - not a problem.

'The communication could have been better and clearer, we see that with hindsight. But now we are where we are, it's obvious we have to work together.

'The players are used to speculation about me. What is new is we have lost the backing from Aker ASA, which I understand has been discussed at length.

'Whether it's coincidence or not, it's happened now, we'll get answers. I received a text from Rokke today and we'll discuss it with each other soon.'

In the frame: Roberto Martinez has also been linked with Aston Villa

Solskjaer, who led Molde to the league title last season for the first time in their 100-year history and at the end of his debut campaign in charge, will now prepare for his side's game on Sunday at Sandnes.

'I don't feel that I have lost anyone's confidence,' he said.

'I had a good chat with Molde this morning where we agreed we should look forward. We have some challenges we need to tackle.

'I will also speak to Kjell Inge as I must apologise for the way this came out.'

Molde chairman Oystein Neerland said Solskjaer has the full backing of the club despite the loss of their sponsorship deal with Aker.

'Molde FK have a contract with Ole Gunnar and Ole Gunnar has a contract with Molde FK. We see no reason to change that,' Neerland said.

Villa are looking for a successor to Alex McLeish, who was sacked on Monday after a poor season for the midlands club.

Wigan manager Martinez and Norwich boss Paul Lambert have also been linked with the vacancy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1vLVbJ3IP

Comment

Sass, Villa should go back for Martinez now. You should get him as long as Mr Lerner dont mention Director of football!!

Comment

That is what I think too. Martinez is too pasionate about his football to want somebody else above him.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Manager Paul Lambert heads to Aston Villa after a reported bust-up with Norwich City

Aston Villa are preparing to make an official approach for Paul Lambert after the Scot reportedly walked out on Norwich and Roberto Martínez snubbed Randy Lerner for the second time in 12 months.

Image 1 of 2
                On his way? Paul Lambert reportedly walked out on Norwich City on Wednesday night Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Image 1 of 2
                Ruling himself out: Roberto Martinez has declined an invitation to take on the Villa manager's job Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By John Percy

10:00PM BST 30 May 2012
                17 Comments

Lambert is understood to have told Norwich he wants out after they refused him permission to speak to Villa, who identified the 42 year-old as their preferred option to succeed Alex McLeish following Martínez’s decision to stay with Wigan Athletic.

Martínez has agreed to remain at Wigan for another season after a meeting with Dave Whelan, the chairman, in Jersey on Wednesday afternoon.

Whelan on Wednesday night confirmed that Martínez had been approached by Villa but the Spaniard has opted to pledge his future to Wigan. Martínez also rejected the chance to take over at Villa last June and his decision will come as a bitter blow to Lerner, who had played a patient waiting game.

Whelan on Wednesday night admitted he never feared losing Martínez to Villa as they were, in his eyes, not a big enough club.

He said: “Roberto is staying at Wigan and of course I am absolutely delighted. He was never offered the job at Liverpool because he wasn’t happy with the way the job was presented to him.

Related Articles

“He has had some talks with Villa but he’s not going to go there. Villa are a fantastic club with great supporters but I never thought they were big enough for him. If Roberto is to go anywhere, it will be to one of the top clubs in Europe. We’re just so pleased he’s staying with us for another season.”
                Lerner, the Villa owner, is now expected recruit Lambert, who has been prominent in Villa’s thoughts since McLeish’s dismissal earlier this month. Villa believe the highly-rated Scot has the strong leadership qualities required for the post, while it is understood Lambert would also be receptive to the move.
                Lambert has masterminded two automatic promotions at Carrow Road and comfortably guided Norwich to safety in the Premier League, but there have been rumours of friction between the manager and his chief executive, David McNally, in recent months and a parting of the ways has looked inevitable regardless of Villa’s interest.
                Norwich will insist on compensation for Lambert, and would expect around £1 million.
                Villa are not considering any other manager and will now focus their efforts on signing up Lambert by the end of this week. The club’s search for a new manager is in its third week and has been an arduous process, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer interviewed before the former Manchester United striker decided to remain with Molde.
                Martínez, meanwhile, could be in line for a new contract with Wigan after a frank discussion with Whelan. Whelan added: “We’ve discussed a lot of things and it was a very productive afternoon. He’s got two years left on his current contract and we will be looking to extend that.
                “We’ve also agreed to build up the academy and the training facilities. We want Roberto to be happy at Wigan and we’ll be aiming to make sure we do everything to help him.”
                Martínez is also likely to be promised substantial funds for the transfer window.

Comment

Paul Lambert offers his resignation amid interest from Aston Villa

Norwich manager Paul Lambert has offered his resignation amid interest from Aston Villa.
                  But City are not accepting his offer whilst talks with Villa are ongoing.
                  A club statement said: "The club regrets to confirm that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation from his position as Norwich City manager.
                  "We have fought hard to keep Paul at Norwich City and have not accepted his resignation whilst discussions with another club are taking place."
                  Aston Villa are hunting a replacement for Alex McLeish, who departed the club on 14 May after just 11 months in charge having overseen a poor 2011-12 Premier League campaign.
                  He failed to win over sceptical supporters, many of whom were initially angered by his capture from rivals Birmingham and less than impressed with a record of just four wins in 19 home games. The club spent the final months of the season fearing relegation.
                  Lambert, who enjoyed spells at Celtic and Borussia Dortmund in his playing days, managed at Wycombe and Colchester before joining Norwich in August 2009.
                  At the time the Canaries were in League One and reeling from a 7-1 home defeat to Colchester, but Lambert masterminded successive promotions to reach the top flight in his first two seasons in charge.
                  More to follow.

Comment

Villa appoint Norwich man Lambert as new boss to replace McLeish
                    By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
                    PUBLISHED: 12:14, 2 June 2012 | UPDATED: 12:40, 2 June 2012
                    Comments (3)

Aston Villa have appointed Paul Lambert as their new manager.
                    They have been strongly linked to the former Norwich boss for a number of days and were believed to be wrangling with the Canaries over potential compensation.
                    The club released a statement reading: 'The Board of Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Paul Lambert has been appointed Villa manager.'

New man: Paul Lambert takes the reins at Villa Park

On Thursday Lambert attempted to quit Carrow Road but the Norwich board did not accept his resignation.
                    Aston Villa have handed Lambert a three-year deal and fans will hope the Scot will be able to make more of an impression than his countryman and predecessor Alex McLeish.
                    It could be a double blow for Norwich if Lambert manages to bring striker Grant Holt with him to the Midlands.
                    RECENT PREDECESSORS
                    Martin O'Neill 2006-10
                    Kevin McDonald (caretaker) 2010
                    Gerard Houllier 2010-11
                    Alex McLeish 2011-12
                    The 31-year-old target man is determined to leave the club, citing 'disagreements' with club personnel as his reasons.
                    A potential compensation deal was holding up Lambert's appointment at Villa Park, with the club anxious not to increase the £14million paid out to former bosses too drastically.
                    It is believed Villa will have paid around £1million in compensation to ensure Lambert becomes their fourth manager in less than two years.
                    Lambert will be charged by club owner Randy Lerner with the task of revitalising Villa after two seasons in the doldrums.
                    After three successive top-six finishes under Martin O'Neill, Villa have dropped too close to the Barclays Premier League bottom three for comfort.

In and out: Lambert replaced Alex McLeish as manager
                    NORWICH OPTIONS
                    Malky McKay
                    Steve Bruce
                    Mark Bowen
                    Chris Hughton
                    Alan Curbishley
                    Gerard Houllier replaced O'Neill but had to quit last summer on health grounds, while former Birmingham boss Alex McLeish was never accepted by the Villa fans.
                    Lambert fits the profile of being a relatively young, hungry and ambitious manager after working his way through the lower leagues before transforming Norwich's fortunes.
                    That is certainly the feeling of Villa midfielder Barry Bannan, who said before Lambert's appointment: 'He has done very well with Norwich and the clubs he was at before then.
                    'He has a good record up until now so hopefully if it is Lambert he can be as successful with us as he has with his previous teams.
                    'Obviously last season wasn't the best for a team as big as us. We should have been way higher up the league and I think (the board) see Lambert as an up-and-coming manager that is doing really well, so it is going to be a massive lift for everyone, the fans and the players as well.

Task: Will Lambert be able to impress the Villa fans, unlike his predecessor?
                    'It is a fresh start for everyone again and hopefully in pre-season everyone is going to have a chance to prove their worth to the club.'
                    Lerner also held talks with former Manchester United star Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but he opted to stay at Molde in Norway for family reasons, although he was not formally offered the Villa post.
                    Villa also spoke with advisors of Wigan boss Roberto Martinez, who rejected the chance to replace Houllier 12 months ago.
                    But Latics boss Dave Whelan claimed Martinez, who held talks with Liverpool, was staying put.
                    It is believed Lambert will be given money to spend after McLeish spent last season reducing what he described as an 'astronomical' wage bill.
                    Lambert will also be able to use the money he generates from the sale of current Villa players.
                    More to follow.
                    PAUL LAMBERT FACTFILE
                    1969: Born August 7 in Glasgow, Scotland
                    1980: Begins his career at Linwood Rangers Boys' Club as a youngster.
                    1985: Joins St Mirren and goes on to make 227 appearances for the Scottish Premier League side, scoring 14 goals in the process.
                    1993: Motherwell manager Tommy McLean signs Lambert and Motherwell go on to have several successful years, qualifying for the UEFA Cup two seasons running.
                    1996: Joins Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund.
                    1997: May 28 - Wins the Champions League as Dortmund overcome Juventus 3-1 in the final.
                    November 7 - Returns to Scotland as he signs for Celtic for a fee in the region of £2million.
                    2005: Retires from playing and begins his managerial career at Livingston, where he also comes out of retirement to cover injury shortages.
                    2006: February 12 - Resigns as Livingston manager after winning just two league games.
                    June 30 - Appointed manager of Wycombe.
                    2008: May 20 - Resigns as Wycombe boss after the club are eliminated from the League Two play-offs.
                    October 9 - Becomes manager of League One Colchester after the departure of Geraint Williams.
                    2009: Leaves Colchester and replaces Bryan Gunn as Norwich manager, having opened the season with a 7-1 win over the Canaries.
                    2010: Leads Norwich to the League One title and promotion to the Championship before signing a new improved contract. Also named League One Manager of the Season.
                    2011: Norwich are promoted to the Premier League after finishing second in the Championship behind QPR. Lambert is also named Championship Manager of the Season after guiding the Canaries to the first back-to-back promotions from the third tier to the top flight since Manchester City in 2000.
                    2012: May - Leads Norwich to a 12th-placed finish in their first season in the Premier League.
                    June 2 - Named as the new manager of Aston Villa

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1wdSo6zNL

Comment

Get rid of some dead wood and bring in Grant Holt. Villa also need two defenders and a seasoned midfielder now.

Comment

Working...
                      X