No announcement yet.

Should Tappa be sacked before......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why go into panic mode when the objective was partially met. We did not find any players good enough for the extra places on the World Cup squad.

Tappa was doing an excellent job and had a good winning ratio before the Brazilians came.

Did we not learn from the last qualifiers when John Barnes was replace by Simoes just after qualifying for the 2007 Gold Cup. Simoes had more time then to get the right Reggae Boyz squad together for World Cup qualifiers but still made the wrong selections.

No foreign coach. No matter how good can prepare the Boyz for the Hexagon in seven weeks. Totally impossible.

Leave Tappa and the Brazilians alone. They will get the job done with the right squad which they will have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
      Why go into panic mode when the objective was partially met. We did not find any players good enough for the extra places on the World Cup squad.

Tappa was doing an excellent job and had a good winning ratio before the Brazilians came.

Did we not learn from the last qualifiers when John Barnes was replace by Simoes just after qualifying for the 2007 Gold Cup. Simoes had more time then to get the right Reggae Boyz squad together for World Cup qualifiers but still made the wrong selections.

No foreign coach. No matter how good can prepare the Boyz for the Hexagon in seven weeks. Totally impossible.

Leave Tappa and the Brazilians alone. They will get the job done with the right squad which they will have.
      I tend to agree. If he was going to be replaced, JFF should have done it long ago. Tappa's real problem is that he doesn't have a good enough set of second stringers. My only real criticism is that he appears erratic although that is not entirely fair as I have not watched enough to make that a definitive conclusion. Also, he has to stop letting Bricktop get inside his head.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

All me know is some changes are needed. We hadn't a clue going forward. Playing the ball over the top wasn't working on the hard bouncy surface and it seems like the only thing we knew how to do.

From Tappa right down. we have to do some assessment before we go forward.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is dat ah di ting, is who fi hab di clue nuh di man pan di field. Membah is not basketball or Merican football weh game can stop an playahs get instructions.

Comment

No it start with the head coach. There are things he can do. One of the glaring thing is that he went to Antigua without a winger.

The fact that the pitch is fast mean the overhead kick will not work and we should find other ways of going forward. The coaches have to should some of the responsibility. You can't leave them off the hook. Also I can't see why people like Jason Morrison is guranteed a starting spot.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well inna selection ah haffi agree wid dat, ah fi dem responsibility dat. But when di ball ah run an wi, si seh di style nah wuk now di playahs dem need fi adjust. For example look how much ball inna di miggle get cut out by di opposition. It jus need wi fi get closer an use one two fi counteract dat. Dat nevah happen.

Comment

We are in melt down mode again. What is the difference between this CC squad and the one that barely squeaked by in the last Cup? Given our poor record on local player development and the missing players from the last squad what should have been our realistic expectations for this endeavour?

Comment

yeah but if the players not taking responsiblilty it up to the coach to lay it into them. We had no tatics at all. Just passing the ball around not going to do it.

Comment

THis is the reason why we play with a empty stadium and without Corporate Support..Why would anyone want to support such a product..when crap like this can happen and no one is held accountable..who the hell would want to support that..What , should we hold the players accountable and ban them from being called up for a period of time? Let's get serious and show we mean business. Tappa can't handle the job..keep him on as an assistant if you want but the Boyz hasn't shown any improvement under him..the team is regressing

Comment

Yuh pass it around fi look fi ah opening, right, ah suh mi know it guh, but if nuh opening nuh deh wi haffi devise a plan fi start create some opening an dis happen dynamically pan di field. Wha kina tactics yuh did waan si?

Comment

He has to be white...Jamaicans fraid a white people...

Comment

Mi tell people lang time sey Tappa couldn't handle the job & some wait till the wheels fall off the wagon before dem eyes open up.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                            THis is the reason why we play with a empty stadium and without Corporate Support..Why would anyone want to support such a product..when crap like this can happen and no one is held accountable..who the hell would want to support that..What , should we hold the players accountable and ban them from being called up for a period of time? Let's get serious and show we mean business. Tappa can't handle the job..keep him on as an assistant if you want but the Boyz hasn't shown any improvement under him..the team is regressing
                            Corporate sponsors are never committed to Jamaican football until a couple games before we look like we qualifying and the stadium is always empty unless the first team is there and it is always empty abroad because most folks couldn't care less about Jamaican football.

I am not sure how we can say the team is regressing when, when the team that just got knocked out is not the team for qualifiers.

There are better coaches for the job, but lets stop making up crap to add on top of the justified criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                              I am not sure how we can say the team is regressing when, when the team that just got knocked out is not the team for qualifiers.
                              Jamaican football is regressing...why would you need to take a first string team...make that a second string team to beat Martinique & French Guyana? We should be strolling through tournaments like these with an U21 squad...

Comment

It has been just about 10 years since I was on the National Team staff and it appears much hasn't changed in regards to coaches. Few thoughts to consider and ask yourselves... everyone seems to be clamoring for Tappa's dismissal. How many foreign coaches have come to Jamaica and had success apart from Rene Simoes? And I mean qualifying for the world cup. What kind of real impact have people like myself really had in Jamaica? Maybe I am not a good example but my point is, for all the foreign coaches over the many years that have come to Jamaica (and money spent) how many have truly impacted the game in Jamaica...and what have they contributed for all the money they have cost when that money could have been used for better infrastructure and the development of Jamaica's coaches?

With Jamaica qualifying for one world cup and having many foreign coaches who have come in and not been successful to qualify Jamaica wouldn't it be advantageous to just let Tappa get on with it and learn? If he is successful would this not pave the way for future Jamaican coaches to be entrusted with the program? And if he does not succeed in qualifying would it be any worse than the 99% of the foreign coaches who have also failed but then left afterwards? At the very least Tappa will be developing and has something vested in the program....give him a break and let him do his job...for the sake of Jamaica and future generations of players and coaches who may have chance to lead the program. A foreign coach will never be the answer...history has proven that...

Comment

Working...
                                X