Should Tappa be sacked before......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Moravek View Post
    Maybe I am not a good example but my point is, for all the foreign coaches over the many years that have come to Jamaica (and money spent) how many have truly impacted the game in Jamaica...and what have they contributed for all the money they have cost when that money could have been used for better infrastructure and the development of Jamaica's coaches?
    Only thing is they aren't using the money (that they have saved by having Tappa as coach) to improve the infrastructure or for the development of Jamaica's coaches...Admiral Bailey & Andrew Pryce are top flight coaches in Jamaica...

Comment

It has been just about 10 years since I was on the National Team staff and it appears much hasn't changed in regards to coaches. Few thoughts to consider and ask yourselves... everyone seems to be clamoring for Tappa's dismissal. How many foreign coaches have come to Jamaica and had success apart from Rene Simoes? And I mean qualifying for the world cup. What kind of real impact have people like myself really had in Jamaica? Maybe I am not a good example but my point is, for all the foreign coaches over the many years that have come to Jamaica (and money spent) how many have truly impacted the game in Jamaica...and what have they contributed for all the money they have cost when that money could have been used for better infrastructure and the development of Jamaica's coaches?

With Jamaica qualifying for one world cup and having many foreign coaches who have come in and not been successful to qualify Jamaica wouldn't it be advantageous to just let Tappa get on with it and learn? If he is successful would this not pave the way for future Jamaican coaches to be entrusted with the program? And if he does not succeed in qualifying would it be any worse than the 99% of the foreign coaches who have also failed but then left afterwards? At the very least Tappa will be developing and has something vested in the program....give him a break and let him do his job...for the sake of Jamaica and future generations of players and coaches who may have chance to lead the program. A foreign coach will never be the answer...history has proven that...
      Your concepts here are too complicated (read long term/developmental) for most Jamaicans ....including posters here

We crave instant gratification...especially if it's foreign sourced

It's a cultural deficit issue
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Your concepts here are too complicated (read long term/developmental) for most Jamaicans ....including posters here

We crave instant gratification...especially if it's foreign sourced

It's a cultural deficit issue
        Where is the long term development now that we are saving money on a local coach? Where is the academy? Where are the coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Jamaican football is regressing...why would you need to take a first string team...make that a second string team to beat Martinique & French Guyana? We should be strolling through tournaments like these with an U21 squad...
          We have never done that before. Simoes took a squad mixed with WC and Under 23 players and we got knocked out of the tournament. You do realize we have never been dominant at the Caribbean Cup level until the past two tournaments. And even then, we were cussing the players how them couldn't do basics right. Now that a couple of those players, not available, you think the rest would be better? You have watched the local league, so you no the answer.

Comment

"...we SHOULD be..."

We are not capable of taking a youth team to such lowly tournaments...but at this stage we SHOULD be able to...we are so ignorant however, that when one mentions removing the cream of the crop from high schools and placing them in academies they are rebuffed and ridiculed...let us reinvent the wheel shall we...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              "...we SHOULD be..."

We are not capable of taking a youth team to such lowly tournaments...but at this stage we SHOULD be able to...we are so ignorant however, that when one mentions removing the cream of the crop from high schools and placing them in academies they are rebuffed and ridiculed...let us reinvent the wheel shall we...
              One just has to take a look at Alvas Powell. He looked like he belonged in the tournament (one of the few). He was identified as a bright prospect a long time ago, yet we have him wasting time scoring a million goals for Paul Bogle High. But what if them have Andrew Price run the academy? LOL

Comment

Perhaps, but Tappa (or another Jamaican coach) being manager through the entire world cup qualification process will help break down barriers from the past...win or lose. At the very least that is a step in the correct direction and will pave the way for future Jamaican coaches. Spending millions on foreign coaches who have no vested interested in the program or country as a whole is a massive mistake. You can bring in consultants or one/two assistants to help but the person in charge must be Jamaican. Again...apart from Rene Simoes (and I respect all the coaches who have managed foreign and Jamaican) who has had success....real success...before and after Rene? Even Rene wasnt successful his second stint.

Comment

It has been just about 10 years since I was on the National Team staff and it appears much hasn't changed in regards to coaches. Few thoughts to consider and ask yourselves... everyone seems to be clamoring for Tappa's dismissal. How many foreign coaches have come to Jamaica and had success apart from Rene Simoes? And I mean qualifying for the world cup. What kind of real impact have people like myself really had in Jamaica? Maybe I am not a good example but my point is, for all the foreign coaches over the many years that have come to Jamaica (and money spent) how many have truly impacted the game in Jamaica...and what have they contributed for all the money they have cost when that money could have been used for better infrastructure and the development of Jamaica's coaches?

With Jamaica qualifying for one world cup and having many foreign coaches who have come in and not been successful to qualify Jamaica wouldn't it be advantageous to just let Tappa get on with it and learn? If he is successful would this not pave the way for future Jamaican coaches to be entrusted with the program? And if he does not succeed in qualifying would it be any worse than the 99% of the foreign coaches who have also failed but then left afterwards? At the very least Tappa will be developing and has something vested in the program....give him a break and let him do his job...for the sake of Jamaica and future generations of players and coaches who may have chance to lead the program. A foreign coach will never be the answer...history has proven that...
                  Interesting points, Bill. But where do credentials come into play?

At the very least shouldn't the JFF choose someone with a top level coaching license -- regardless of whether he's Jamaican or foreign -- when deciding on the man they expect to lead the country to World Cup qualification?
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

I understand credentials play a part...but Tappa has that on the playing side which is important...Not sure what he has in terms of Coaching badges...but Jamaica have to start some where and they have to take a chance. And if he doesn't have his badges then it is up to the JFF to support him in receiving these. He won't have a problem getting in to take high level licenses being the manager of a top 50 national team. For someone who has been manager now for two years or so what is the point in removing him now? Let him see the process through...and if at the end of it he doesn't succeed then they may look for a fresh look. But then it has to be another Jamaican. Certainly he will do no worse than all those who have preceeded him.

Comment

Tappa and his coaching staff now need to step up. I am not pushing for his firing but he needs to know what is expected of him. He now has to come up with a plan to move it forward.

It is one thing to hold a coach only because he is Jamaican, it is another to expect better results.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I haven't been following the national team closely over the last few years or so but hasn't he been getting results? It is to easy to have a knee jerk reaction over a couple poor games. Perhaps he needs to do better but I would give him the benefit of the doubt to sort it out.

Comment

How will it help with development of football in Jamaica? That is my concern...not the nationality of the coach...

Comment

With all due respect Mr Moraveck, can you remind me when a Jamaican Coach took us to the World Cup? Did Carl Brown and others before and after not get a chance to manage throughout the Qualifying Campaign? Are you saying Tappa and Jamaica will benefit more after 8 months when he and the brazilians are sacked when we fail to advance. Or we should not fire him then but give him another 4 years to try again because he is still learning...what is its it, a 5 or 10 year program? Ask the question, how much is Jamaica football being developed now with Tappa in charge? Bear in mind, Tappa is the Head coach and not responsible for football development but to qualify the team? Why should he be treated any different from other Coaches? If a Foreign coach was getting these results, wouldn't we also call for his head? Bottomline, we want this team to qualify and we need a Coach that can get the team playing better. Development is not an excuse because it's not happening under Tappa anyway. We tried with Carl Brwon and even sent him to Bolton, no? are we repeating the process with hope for better results?

Comment

Carl was sacked...he was never in there through the entire process. From what I recall...he was sacked midway through qualification...that is my point. When was the last time a Jamaican was entrusted with the program from beginning to end of the world cup qualification process? And then you have foreign coaches coming in who have been given the opportunity to follow through...something is wrong with this. I don't profess to have all the answers...and understand the frustration...but what is the point of bringing in a Jamaican coach and if they lose a few games, run off to get a foreign coach for 100 times the money...who...fail?? It is simple logic...I cannot recall a Jamaican coach who has been paid the same amount of money, had the same support, been given a true chance for the entire process...now is the time. The reality is, is that he has gotten some good results in his tenure...he has some longevity now...he has gotten the team to the hex...so let him see it through. It is to the benefit of Jamaican football and the country.

Comment

Why are we paying big money to anybody...why not use that money to develop the infrastructure...bomb out of a couple WC qualifications for all I care...we will never have a successful program with this approach...

Comment

Working...
                                X