No announcement yet.

Boyz hold star-studded Tottenham Hotspur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONCACAF qualifying right now is a war.. not a holiday romp in the park...

Comment

Read somewhere that Hue is out of contention for the first game due to accumulation of cautions?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Read somewhere that Hue is out of contention for the first game due to accumulation of cautions?
        Accumulation from what tournament? He didn't play in any of the first three qualifiers, so I am sure if he was suspended, it would have been cleared by now.

Comment

~Sigh~ 😳

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Reggae Boyz blame poor shooting for Spurs draw

Reggae Boyz blame poor shooting for Spurs draw

Published: Saturday | May 25, 2013

Jermie Lynch

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer

Local-based Reggae Boyz Jermie Lynch and Evan Taylor believe that faulty shooting cost the team a win against English Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur in their friendly match in The Bahamas on Thursday night.

The Reggae Boyz, who are preparing for the CONCACAF World Cup-qualifying games against Mexico, United States and Honduras next month, squandered a number of clear-cut opportunities during the match, which ended 0-0 at the new Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium.

"It was a pretty good game and we gave a good account of ourselves," Taylor told The Bahamas publication Tribune 242 (tribune 242.com). "We had our chances to win, but football is a sport. Anything is possible in a game."

Taylor said their goal now is to get ready for the qualifiers, but they will take it one game at a time, starting with Mexico on June 4 before they take on the United States three days later. Both games will be played at the National Stadium before the team travels to Honduras to face that country on June 11.

Lynch, who like Taylor plies his trade for Harbour View, believes that the Reggae Boyz have benefited a lot from the experience of playing against some of the top players in the world.

FAST PITCH
            "It was a very fast pitch and we had our chances, but we just could not capitalise on them, and that's just football," said Lynch.

"Overall, we had a good experience and we look forward to coming back," he said.

Tottenham's custodian Brad Friedel was forced into action midway through the half, diving low to his right to parry away an effort from Reggae Boyz captain Jermaine Hue.

Midfielder Keammar Daley went even closer nine minutes later, cutting in from the left and curling a right-footed shot past the American, which cannoned off the outside of the post.

Hue was involved once again on the stroke of half-time, blasting over with a free-kick from the right as the players exited the field to the sounds of vuvuzelas.

Tottenham's Steven Caulker had a tap in ruled for offside late in the second half.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../sports10.html
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Search me?

Comment

Hey, if you can get injured while benching it I don't see why you can't accumulate cards there too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what kind a card? Three card, Romi, Strip me or Poker?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Soh we jus ease up after 6 ahright!?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...--AVB_14327592

"They played well against us as they were a younger side... also they had a lot of pace out there, especially upfront ... I thought they (Jamaican defence) were good, especially when you look at the strikers we brought...of course they kept a clean sheet (so that's a credit to them)," said Caulker, who had a goal disallowed for off-side.

Comment

Working...
                    X