No announcement yet.

Jamaica has become a nation of Beggars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So once again this clown (Burrell) is ignoring the REAL problem with Jamaica's football......PLAYER DEVELOPMENT. You are asking for each club in the league to get a good field, BUT for years YOU have failed to present a comprehensive development plan for Jamaica's football, SO you will have poorly trained & developed players running around on these "good" fields. How does that help Jamaica's growth in the sport & where are the trained personnel to manage & maintain these fields you're asking for, because without qualified personnel those "good" fields will become "dust bowls".

- Without a PROPER plan for sustained growth & development, no one will take you seriously & you will not attract the sponsorship Jamaica's football should & can get.

Comment

Of course, beg for sponsorship!
      Peter R

Comment

Does anyone know how the World Cup money was spent? was there open accountability on the expenditures? or "bonuses" were paid and only a pittance was left?
        Peter R

Comment

I guess you'll also want to know about the TWO or was it three grants to build a national training facility???

- GO JUMP IN THE SEA!!!

Comment

LOL... the water's lovely!
            Peter R

Comment

I know some years ago, Nike signed the Brazilian national side for some US$125 million. I cannot remember the time-frame of the deal, but it could have been for around 5 years.

Recently, they tried to oust Adidas in the sponsorship of the German national side where they offered US$648 million for eight years.
              http://www.dw.de/nike-makes-bid-for-...ship/a-2331657

Nike also sponsored the French national side for some US$400 million(time frame not sure).

The Brailian bank ITAU has a 6 year sponsorship deal with the Brazilian national federation for US$90 million.

So yes, it is sponsorship running the cut. The Captain only need to put a sponsorship proposal to these Chinese and get the business done. Nothing is wrong otherwise, as this is how most country teams are able to finance their programs.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                I know some years ago, Nike signed the Brazilian national side for some US$125 million. I cannot remember the time-frame of the deal, but it could have been for around 5 years.

Recently, they tried to oust Adidas in the sponsorship of the German national side where they offered US$648 million for eight years.
                http://www.dw.de/nike-makes-bid-for-...ship/a-2331657

Nike also sponsored the French national side for some US$400 million(time frame not sure).

The Brailian bank ITAU has a 6 year sponsorship deal with the Brazilian national federation for US$90 million.

So yes, it is sponsorship running the cut. The Captain only need to put a sponsorship proposal to these Chinese and get the business done. Nothing is wrong otherwise, as this is how most country teams are able to finance their programs.
                Re: The Captain only needs...
                Agreed!

Very interesting...and doing something with our national senior team is doable!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you soon blame the dancehall artist them too

"hole up you hand if you some money"" LOL
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So you & Karl feel confident that the Clown Prince of the JFF is magically going to start attracting lucrative sponsorships for Jamaica's football???
                    - He has been in charge of the JFF for over 15 years, & has never been able to secure one lucrative contact for the ReggaeBoyz (not even with his FIFA post to bolster his position). Want to know how good & influential Burrell is??? Check out how many practice games he could secure for the ReggaeBoyz......A ranking member of CONCACAF & FIFA couldn't secure NEEDED practice games (not even with Caribbean teams), BUT he is going to convince corporations ink lucrative deals with him.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

I think you are going off on a tangent here USAF. I'm not making a case for Captain Burrell and his management skills. I am saying we should not discredit national organizations getting funds through sponsorship to run their businesses, as this is common occurrence among some of the biggest national sides.

In the Jamaican context, major businesses only support the national team and it's programs when it seems as if we will make it to the World Cup. Once our chances are gone, their support evaporate. The program is in a catch 22 situation as they do not have funds to put on matches and they also lack funds to bring together players for practice matches.

I think raising funds is a major hurdle for the JFF, no matter who is in office. The JFF is still a very loosely run organization and I agree that a lot will have to change for things to get better.

BTW, Burrell has not been in office for the past 15 years. Remember that there was Boxhill in the mix in the mid 2000 for a 4 year spell?
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

i have an idea. instead of using Jeep to bush roads let them go roll some fields, plant turf and retruf some fields and dig two wells for irrigation. instead of trying to stickup Mr. Chin and Mr Xu lets try ourselfs to do something... Wi too love corporate welfare..

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          The Chinese built Costa Rica a national stadium a couple years ago. I doubt many Costa Ricans were complaining about that.
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

You make these statements without giving it much thought. If I am not mistaken, JEEP is some government program put together specifically for tackling government projects. The JFF does not have any control over JEEP in to order to use it on such projects.

OJ, so why is it OK for the big national sides to attract sponsorship to run their business, but when the JFF attempt it, it is corporate welfare? No one can put together an alternative to raise funds for the program, but they vehemently oppose an attempt by the Captain to get some assistance.

Frankly, if you ask me, without sponsorship, our national football program will continue dying it's slow death.

Comment

sponsors get something out of it ... that is not begging for begging sake ... i.e. something for nothing. SPONSORSHIP is not something for nothing.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                                The Chinese built Costa Rica a national stadium a couple years ago. I doubt many Costa Ricans were complaining about that.
                                ...and the Bahamas - The Thomas "Tom" Robinson Stadium! ...named after their first famous sprinter.
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X