• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesut Ozil: Arsenal can win Premier League says new signing

Mesut Ozil</SPAN>

12 September 2013 Last updated at 12:20 GMT

Mesut Ozil: Arsenal can win Premier League says new signing

New signing Mesut Ozil says Arsenal can win the Premier League this season.
    The 24-year-old Germany midfielder was a £42.4m recruit from Real Madrid on transfer deadline day.

Continue reading the main story
    “It is very physical here but I am really glad to play in the best league in the world.”
    Mesut Ozil

Asked on Thursday if he thought the Gunners could challenge for the title, he responded: "Of course.

"I know the team, I know that talent we have here and I think every player wants to be successful. It will be difficult because this is the strongest league in the world."

Ozil, who is Arsenal's record signing, could feature for his new team when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

"I have watched a lot of Premier League games," he said. "It is very physical here but I am really glad to play in the best league in the world.

"I want to prove myself in England and I look forward to playing here. I know I will prove myself here."

He added: "We want to play offensive and good football. To keep clean sheets and play attractive football.

"I can't promise to win trophies but I can promise as a team we will give our all to achieve this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24065750
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Mesut Ozil: Record signing expects Arsenal to win trophies

Mesut Ozil: Record signing expects Arsenal to win trophies

Arsenal record signing Mesut Ozil is confident they will end their eight-year wait to win a trophy this season.

Ozil, 24, signed a five-year deal when joining for £42.4m from Real Madrid on transfer deadline day.

Asked whether Arsenal could lift silverware this season for the first time since the 2005 FA Cup, he told Arsenal's website: "Definitely.
    Mesut Ozil factfile

Born: Gelsenkirchen, Germany

Club: Real Madrid

Previous clubs: Schalke, Werder Bremen

International: 47 caps for Germany, 14 goals

Honours: Spanish Super Cup (2012), La Liga (2011-12), Copa del Rey (2011), DFB Cup (2009), DFL Supercup (2009)

"In the last few years, Arsenal haven't been so successful but we want to become more successful."

Manager Arsene Wenger broke the London club's transfer record by £27.4m to bring the Germany international to Emirates Stadium.

Ozil was a member of the Real team that won La Liga in 2011-12 and was named in the Euro 2012 team of the tournament - and many in Madrid did not want the club to sell the player.

His arrival ended a summer of frustration in the transfer market for Arsenal, after they failed in high-profile attempts to sign Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Real striker Gonzalo Higuain.

Ozil said his admiration for Wenger and the Frenchman's reputation for improving players had played a key role in his decision to sign.

"The coach is a world-class manager - he's demonstrated that for years," added Ozil. "A lot of players have developed under his guidance in the past and that's why I decided to join Arsenal.

"I want to improve myself further and I'm looking forward to the style of play. Arsenal are well known for the strength of their technical game and their desire to play attacking football. I think I will fit perfectly into that."

Ozil could make his debut for Arsenal when they travel to play Sunderland at Stadium of Light on Saturday, 14 September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23972854
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He is going to score more goals at Arsenal than he did at Real Madrid,and because of Arsenal style of play,he will be even more impressive regarding assists.
      Not sure about making Arsenal winning EPL anytime soon but CL is immediately up for grabs,this is where the brilliance of acquiring Ozil will be realized.
      I really think this have the potential of making up for losing Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        He is going to score more goals at Arsenal than he did at Real Madrid,and because of Arsenal style of play,he will be even more impressive regarding assists.

Not sure about making Arsenal winning EPL anytime soon but CL is immediately up for grabs,this is where the brilliance of acquiring Ozil will be realized.

I really think this have the potential of making up for losing Henry.
        One thing I expect, competing for trophies.
        ...and you are right, we are in with a shot at the Champions League. We shall have 'killer passes' coming from at least 5 players - Carzola, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott (crosses and diagonal balls) and Rosicky. We shall be even more difficult to defend against than we were last season.

...wish "The Ox" gets with the program...as he also could be extremely dangerous as passer. ...pick up his 'setting up' of his TEAMmates and he shall also get more chances at goal...the simple football mantra, "give and thou shalt receive"=the more you set-up and use teammates the more they SHALL set you up and use you.

Comment

.... The number 19 laughed when he heard Ozil.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I am more convinced than ever that this shall be the Gunners season!!
            Let us hope Jose Mourinho keeping leaving Mata out of his team and Man City continue to struggle away from home

Comment

what was david moyes' reaction?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                what was david moyes' reaction?
                They were not a threat from the beginning, once SAF left I knew they would struggle.

Comment

that was for Lazie ... he though Ozil's statement was comical ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that was for Lazie ... he though Ozil's statement was comical ...
                    Look at the picture

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

nervous laughter ...

Comment

nervous laughter ...
                        Really? Like like him cracking up wid laughter to me.

Comment

well, it look like him just get lef (2 a dem fi dat matter) ... suh ef dat crack him up, i'm sure the manager will be impressed.

or maybe after ozil beat him he farted in his general direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            I am more convinced than ever that this shall be the Gunners season!!
                            Let us hope Jose Mourinho keeping leaving Mata out of his team and Man City continue to struggle away from home
                            Too early, Dunny!
                            mi ave mi fingers and toes crossed!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X