No announcement yet.

Academies? Let us educate ourselves on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thanks, boss.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have problems with Bullhead the man...but I cannot in good conscience wish anything other than good results for his charges and Jamaica's football!!!

I have had personal dealings with Bullhead and I found him wanting. I issued warning to former colleagues of mine on dealings with him going forward. Haven't a clue on how outcome...can only wish them good luck (I think they shall need it. Would hate to hear they have come out 'bruised' and integrity sullied.).
        Last edited by Karl; October 3, 2013, 03:29 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I'm sure I made myself very clear.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is a tough road...

Comparing like with like is not always easy as what qualifies as an “academy” or youth player in one country differs from the criteria of another while some clubs are reluctant to release figures of their success rate, or otherwise. However, many aspects are universal as thousands of children, often starting from as young as seven, are plucked from their local clubs and pumped through the system, all dreaming that they will make it as professional players. Almost none of them will.

Some will survive cull after cull as they grow up and a tiny percentage, probably less than one in 1,000 taking into account all age groups, will make it to the club’s professional ranks. Even among that minute sub-group only a few will go on to become first-team regulars.

- See more at: http://insideagency.reuters.com/2013....yoYqnGtj.dpuf

http://insideagency.reuters.com/2013/03/for-our-customers-reuters-examines-the-world-of-soccer-academies-throughout-europe/

Comment

Okay...what's your point?

Comment

Little factoid for you - it's easier to become a brain surgeon than a professional football player.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh nuh hear Bricky seh im ave haul di hangles covered...
                  Nutten im caaan larn!!!

Comment

US Youth Training Systems vs. England

http://www.socceru.com/us_youth_socc...nd_academy.htm

Comment

England - The FA & Schools...

YOUTH FOOTBALL

REGULATIONS FOR THE CONTROL OF YOUTH FOOTBALL (Players under the age of 18 on 31st August in the current season)
                      1. A County Association may form a County Youth Football Association, or carry out the duties by a Committee of its own Association.

2. The constitution of the Youth Association, or Committee, must be submitted to The Football Association.

MEMORANDUM: CHILDREN OF SCHOOL AGE AND SCHOOL GAMES One of the important aspects of games in school is the opportunity they afford of developing a pupil’s sense of loyalty and honour. It is therefore of concern when interest in games outside the school conflict with a pupil’s loyalty to the school and/or school organisations’ activities.

1. It is usually the pupil of outstanding Football ability whose services are sought by any Club, and the Player is most likely to be a member of the school or association team. While schools’ matches are often arranged on Saturday mornings and Club matches take place in the afternoon, it is considered that a player should not play in two matches on the same day, for the one match is likely to affect play in the other.

2. An outside Club or organisation should consult the head-teacher before selecting any child of school age to play for a team, and should accept the head-teacher’s decision on these matters. Head-teachers of schools should not restrain pupils, who are not selected for school games of any kind, from playing for an outside organisation during their free time.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...he-association

-----------------

Not the complete story but good info.
                      An inference could be that schools are considered places where captive pool of talented young footballers=potential professional players can be drawn

Wonder if the schools and The FA pool resources to improve football coaching/teaching in schools?

Comment

Why don't you tell the forum what the problem is with him?

Nuh you the man give credit as a "driver" during him European tour and there was big writeup how you referred the European agent to his program? Next thing mi know, you gone back to the "delete and ban' days of the forum just by the mention of his name.

Is what happen him try tief you players them?

Comment

Next thing mi know, you gone back to the "delete and ban' days of the forum...
                          Because I can! It's not complicated.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So you going to say what the issue is?

Comment

No.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ok. Wasn't Chevonne Marsh a TSA client?

"Shawn Lawes is set to have a trial with Genk as well as Standard Liege and Anderlecht. Chevonne Marsh will travel to PSV Eindhoven, Lille and Genk, while Jevaughn Hutchinson and Odane Walters will journey to Genk."
                                Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2ghmdvoZL

Comment

Working...
                                X