Will Winni stay or go...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Winni stay or go...?

Will the Jamaican coach stay or will he go?

(NOTE: I am trying to post a poll, but the poll button don't seem to be activated).

But the question still stands.

A. Stay

B. Go
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

STAY i think the prospects of moulding the talent on show is attractive.

the downside is whether he will be provided with adequate resources and updated infrastructure

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Forget the updated infrastructure. I think he stays too.

Only hope he is not a yes man but pressure the JFF.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

doesn't strike me as a yes man .... seems forthright and he knows what he wants to do if by"pressure" you mean to get the necessary support and resources .... then i agree.

but i do not think he will stay without at least getting that commitment.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah that is what I am talking about, and when promises are not kept, not draw in his shell just to keep the salary. I expect him to demand more and come up with ideas to help progress.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Plus Jamaican football needs coaching stability.

If Winni goes... then who's next?

Seems like Jamaica has ran out of EXPERIENCED qualified personnel for this position.

I hope something is worked out--so he stays.

An impartial eye is a big part of Jamaica football equation.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Plus Jamaican football needs coaching stability.

If Winni goes... then who's next?

Seems like Jamaica has ran out of EXPERIENCED qualified personnel for this position.

I hope something is worked out--so he stays.

An impartial eye is a big part of Jamaica football equation.
              Bob Bradley is going to be available soon. He knows the region, qualified a team for the World Cup finishing first in concacaf, took that team to the 2nd round of World Cup, won the gold cup, came 2nd in Confederations cup, had Egypt one step away from qualifying for a WC under horrible circumstances. What's stopping us from going after him? It's not rocket science really. Get a frigging coach who has actually done the business in concacaf. I guess people ago bawl that them nuh want no white man coach....black man this....and black man that....farin mind.....mental slavery....blah blah bah.....Wake me up when we actually get serious about this damn thing.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

It takes a mavrick-like personality to work in the Jamaican football environment.

I think coaches' like Bradley requires established infrastructure; no remedial type coaching opportunities for him.

Take away the political sheggeries in Egypt...and they have a coaches dream. How many times have egypt won the African Cup? Six i think?

Plus Jamaica don't have the $$$ to attract Bradley.

So do you think Winni should stay or go?

HL

Comment

and this is if the German leaves? Yes?

Comment

Why yuh think Bradley more expensive than Schafer?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

who klinnsman?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                        and this is if the German leaves? Yes?
                        I'd offer the job to Bradley first.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                          It takes a mavrick-like personality to work in the Jamaican football environment.

I think coaches' like Bradley requires established infrastructure; no remedial type coaching opportunities for him.

Take away the political sheggeries in Egypt...and they have a coaches dream. How many times have egypt won the African Cup? Six i think?

Plus Jamaica don't have the $$$ to attract Bradley.

So do you think Winni should stay or go?
                          If he required established infrastructure he would not have done as well as he did with Egypt. HL they literally shut down the egyptian professional league due to the violence and he still found a way to be successful. Hardly a coach's dream. Do we forget that he was an American coaching in Egypt? I think that says a lot right there about his mindset and his ability to adapt to coaching in a safe environment in Jamaica. He'd do a fine job for us if we were willing to think out of the box. I know we can't control if we win a game or tournament.......qualify for a world cup or whether we have the resources or not to put together a full comprehensive program......I just wish that for once in our lives that the things that are in our control we would do properly. That's all anyone can ask. After that we can let the chips fall where they may. That's life in a nutshell.

Comment

Jamaica needs a coach who is more than just a coach. Winne said he likes to be doing other things while games are not been played. Hopefully he will run camps and setup other development programs.

We don't just need a senior side coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Jamaica needs a coach who is more than just a coach. Winne said he likes to be doing other things while games are not been played. Hopefully he will run camps and setup other development programs.

We don't just need a senior side coach.
                              Really not interested in a jack of all trades. I just want a coach with a record of success here in our region. So no we don't just need a senior coach but we still need a senior coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X