Will Winni stay or go...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes but based on what those agree with you are saying he wouldn't fit. Why? Well he needs his smart board for one room and his projector and laptop for another, just to teach. The German on the other hand just needs a room with roof and open windows.

Comment

Logic would dictate that one would clamour for the Brazilians. After all the record shows that Ja's major successes came from the Brazilians. It's this type of thinking that's holding back Ja. It's as if you are knocking MIT and saying find other schools because ...............

Comment

Logic would dictate that with the Brazilians being in charge of Jamaica's football program for 16 - 17 years and failing to advance to the WC since 1998, it would be time to try something new.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think the camps and development programs will be football related. He will not be coaching cricket or track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by world fan View Post
              I think the camps and development programs will be football related. He will not be coaching cricket or track and field.
              LOL....thanks for the info.....
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Bradely?

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                What would be interesting is to see Egypt's win-loss record for a similar number of matches before Bradley took over.
                I said this one time before.......Bradley would never come to Jamaica. I think the German may know more than Bob B and should be give a chance. BUT where is the money to come from. The man is out of a job and needs an income and I would bet he would come for less than the Brazilians which was beyond expensive and not much to show.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Plus Jamaica don't have the $$$ to attract Bradley.
                  Possibly not. And it's quite possible Bradley will be looking hard for a job in Europe, should the opportunity arise.

If Jamaica are eying a U.S. coach then they would do well to consider Steve Sampson.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

thanks steve .... duly noted!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                      Possibly not. And it's quite possible Bradley will be looking hard for a job in Europe, should the opportunity arise.

If Jamaica are eying a U.S. coach then they would do well to consider Steve Sampson.
                      Not sure if this a trolling post or if you were being serious. So I'll plead ignorance and assume you're being sincere. Why Steve Sampson? Assuming we can't get the upper echelon US coaching in Bruce Arena or Bob Bradley......why he over let's say a coach like Jason Kreis or Dominic Kinnear? Two guys who would be hungry to test their abilities in international soccer and have had good success in MLS and done well in the Concacaf Champions league. I don't think 1. Sampson is as good as those two and 2. He lacks the ability to manage egos which is all too crucial when running a national team. Kreis and Kinnear's experience in the region is current where Sampson is from another era. Last time he ran a team was Costa Rica and the Galaxy and he was a disaster with both if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

steve looking a job it seems .. right steve, i mean zeppo!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          steve looking a job it seems .. right steve, i mean zeppo!
                          lol I guess so. Zeppo.....er.....I mean.....Steve actually wouldn't be bad with a youth team. Youth development really is his bread and butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                            Inneresting...

I suppose a last place finish in a World Cup is far better than not qualifying at all
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

always ....

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                                Not sure if this a trolling post or if you were being serious. So I'll plead ignorance and assume you're being sincere. Why Steve Sampson? Assuming we can't get the upper echelon US coaching in Bruce Arena or Bob Bradley......why he over let's say a coach like Jason Kreis or Dominic Kinnear? Two guys who would be hungry to test their abilities in international soccer and have had good success in MLS and done well in the Concacaf Champions league. I don't think 1. Sampson is as good as those two and 2. He lacks the ability to manage egos which is all too crucial when running a national team. Kreis and Kinnear's experience in the region is current where Sampson is from another era. Last time he ran a team was Costa Rica and the Galaxy and he was a disaster with both if memory serves me correctly.
                                Yes, I'm assuming you can't get those guys. I could be wrong, but I just don't see the Jamaica job being able to lure them away at this point in their careers.

Say what you like about Sampson, but he knows CONCACAF and has had success in the Hex. He also has far more coaching credentials, experience and achievements than recent Jamaica choices like Barnes and Tappa, for what that's worth.

Also, when Sampson coached the Galaxy he won the league and cup, so I'm not sure how that qualifies as a "disaster".
                                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                                - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                                X