Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUR U-17s: Unbelievable rally!

Unbelievable rally!
    Young Boyz revive hopes with historic 3-2 win over USSEAN A WILLIAMS, Assistant Sports Editor
    Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jamaican midfielder John Ross Doyley (foreground) being congratulated by his teammates after his added time penalty gave Jamaica's Under-17 footballers a come-from-behind 3-2 win over group favourites the US in their CONCACAF Under-17 World Cup Qualifying series at the National Stadium last night. It was the first time that a Jamaican football team was defeating the US at any level. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

It's unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. Perhaps it was the mother of all comebacks by a Jamaican team.
    With their World Cup qualifying campaign all but over, Jamaica's Under-17 footballers pulled off a stunning fightback, defeating the USA 3-2 in their CONCACAF Group B World Cup qualifying game at the National Stadium last night, after trailing 0-2 for 77 minutes.

http://reggaeboyzsc.com/articles.asp...130&category=1

WHAT A RELIEF! National Under-17 football coach Davis Hunt (right) hugs his goalkeeper Oneil Wilson at the end of an extraordinary game against the US at the National Stadium last night which the Jamaicans won 3-2. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: OUR U-17s: Unbelievable rally!

Mosiah: Stunned! ...and, over the moon with happiness at the end...as we all are!

Mosiah: May I remind you of your comments somewhere around the 65 minute? - "A miracle will not happen tonight"!

Your voice said it all later - "Over the moon" - voice!
    Winning is soooooooooooooooo SWEET!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, I did say it! And I believe I was not alone.

I probably said that right after I witnessed our two strikers debate who should go to the American goalkeeper to force him to take up the ball and play it out. It must have been about 60 seconds before one of them reluctantly strolled over to the keeper. I had certainly given up all hope then.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Imagine that!! them americans take they foot off the gas stop play and get punished but they had nothing at stake ..... ....

Comment

No bodda try dis. The Americans wanted to win badly and their coach, up to the post game press conference had no idea that they had already qualified, so I'm sure the players didn't know either.

T&T has got to be the luckiest team on the planet. The Canadians missed three sitters in the game from the 6 yard box. They hit two of them onto the crossbar and the other, in the last seconds of the game, went straight to the keeper.

Thanks anyway!

Tomorrow we shall see who deserves to be in the final.

Jamaica should make it, easily!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what eva the so americans did not know the trinidad and tobago canada result? they did not know the scenarios ?.... doh come with that rubbish ... they even said it in thier report and the players even stated it...

Oh and how much sitters canada missed against JA may i ask.how much sitter did costa rica miss? The point is you all played an american team with nothing at stake however , try to make it look like you all come bak against an american team that had everything to play for ... yuh giving one side view of the canada game to build yuh confidence that is hanging was thread ...... the only thing going fuh JA is the home advantage but other that that everything even....

Comment

I was at the press conference and informed the coach that the USA was already in. He did not know.

Canada did not miss any from the 6 yard box against us. They missed 3 against you.

But anyway, all that's history.

Tomorrow unnu pick up unnu buss ass! T&T is a sorry-ass side that don't deserve to even go back to POS. But unnu cyaan stay here!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

WHAT A lie YOU TRYING TO SAY THE USA COACH DID NOT KNOW THE canada /trinidad REsULT BEFORE the game dont come with that rubbish ..... he taking you for a fool ... that why he say no ...

A sorry ass side that beat a team you all could not even beat ..... when it all was at stake. remember the usa had nothing at stake ..

so what yuh point the hit the bar bout twice again JA ...... Trinidad had a chances to wrap thing up put the game out of reach mosiah go away ...

again usa had nothing to play fuh

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
                  what eva the so americans did not know the trinidad and tobago canada result? they did not know the scenarios ?.... doh come with that rubbish ... they even said it in thier report and the players even stated it...

Oh and how much sitters canada missed against JA may i ask.how much sitter did costa rica miss? The point is you all played an american team with nothing at stake however , try to make it look like you all come bak against an american team that had everything to play for ... yuh giving one side view of the canada game to build yuh confidence that is hanging was thread ...... the only thing going fuh JA is the home advantage but other that that everything even....
                  List the games at any level that USA has lost after leading 2-0 going into the 77 minute.

No-one wants to be the team that loses the record.

Idiot.

Comment

That is why they lost 3-2 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Mosiah: Stunned! ...and, over the moon with happiness at the end...as we all are!

Mosiah: May I remind you of your comments somewhere around the 65 minute? - "A miracle will not happen tonight"!

Your voice said it all later - "Over the moon" - voice!
                      Winning is soooooooooooooooo SWEET!
                      That was just to say - football is a funny game! ...and, I am sure you had excellent reasons to believe we were "down and out". I heard others say that since.

Hey!...look at Maubdib's post-match posts? You certainly can gather from them that he also thought we were "down and out".

Let's look forward to Sunday and hopefully a comprehensive win against T'dad and Tobago.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                        List the games at any level that USA has lost after leading 2-0 going into the 77 minute.

No-one wants to be the team that loses the record.

Idiot.
                        Come with ah better argument .....if them points were need by the usa they would have gotten it. even the players stated that they stopped playing in the second half .... while jamaica was agressive through out.......

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Let's look forward to Sunday and hopefully a comprehensive win against T'dad and Tobago.
                          comprehensive win now eh hope are high the same comprhensive win you all looked for agaist canada eh karl

Comment

The Americans have not lost a qualifying match since August of 1996. The Americans were defending with 11 players in the box on our corners, late in the game, yet they were not trying to win.

Mek Nyamdirt stay deh. Their buss ass is tomorrow.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Let's hope your loss against the US was the biggest buss ass unnu gwine get. Cause tomorrow nah go pretty!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X