Embarassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Embarassment

Mosiah if you notice I said Hunt should still be there. I often critcise Boxhill for waiting on committees for basic decisions. The fact over 4 years we can't point to improvement on the results in the region. While I didn't see the game I notice a trend and that is we alway lose our first game in these tournaments and 95 percent of the times we are scored on first. That tell me we are not prepared and that still remain until today.

We have changed coaches and while the team might look better the results is the same.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes but who had the better chances mosiah ? the plan was to get the goal then defend in number and counter attack

Comment

Jamaica clearly had the better chances. Not even close. The Trini player did round the keeper at one point but he was under pressure and at a bad angle.

Even when T&T got the goal, to my surprise they did not look like they were concentrating on defence. We still managed to get several scoring chances. All credit to the Trini keeper still! He stopped some poorly taken shots while our keeper could not stop a well struck shot from a difficult angle.

Only in the last 10 minutes did T&T start to play defensively.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
          We hosted a 5 team tourney in our back yard, with three places up for grabs to the world youth cup, and end up finishing LAST, of the five teams....losing out to Trinidad and Tobago (makes it even a harder pill to swallow)

While we were being lead into a state of complacency by our victory over Mexico at home, The team that defeated us last night were touring Central America(Honduras) and South America(Venezuela) in addition to hosting Mexico at home.

I guess this is proof to everyone that the local coaches ar enot adequtely equipped for international football, be it at the youth level or senior level.
          mmmmmmmmmm???

Except your comment - The team that defeated us last night was kept on an improving path through continuous exposure to international football and the teams our local coaches were not given, were not -

...proves given that opportunity to continue to improve through practising continuously against international opposition was not granted our coaches, they may well have the 'brains' to take us to the TOP OF THE WORLD but "back office support" enjoyed by their counterparts was just not there for them.

Our coaches have been falling into the old...but, true adage of "gi man basket fi carri watah!"
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Correction to RF but trinidad and tobago only toured central america and play mexico the venezuela trip did not come off so to did the American one also.

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
              Correction to RF but trinidad and tobago only toured central america and play mexico the venezuela trip did not come off so to did the American one also.
              Tell us a little more about your preparation?

In light of Mosiah's accounts on the poor performances of both our teams the suggestion that your team was 'less worse' than ours...when I think on your team as the representatives of our CFU region in the FIFA U-17 World Finals...bwoy (mi belly a hat mi)...is something I would rather not believe.

Tell me you are arranging nuff-nuff matches against quality opposition to in the near term raise your standards a hundred-fold?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

From what i gather anoton corneal

1) focused on strength and endurance training earlier on in the year .Part of the endurance training entails running hills three days a week for about 90 minutes in the evening.

2) He used the mexico and honduras game to give him an idea on what part of the game they need to keep building on. Result did matter here though karl cause even though we lost those games to soft goals we still dominated both teams and it exposed weakness.

3) The Venezuela tour did not happen and USA trip(To play USL team and college teams) was called off as anton though it would be best they play pro league clubs...

But hey karl them JA player trained since Jan they were prepared.... we just played about 2 more international matches

Comment

JFF should never use a High School coach as a National Coach. That's just plain stupid. Hunt doesn't have a clue. I cant believe this. These are the best youngsters Jamaica has produced in a good while. I watched them dominate Trinidad entirely last night, probably had 95% possession and they still lost. The same thing happened in the Costa Rica game.
                  Hunt must be a close friend of Orgil's father or something. Obviously this youth not ready for Int'l Football. He knows nothing about TEAMWORK. He took outrageous shots when we had players free, in the box waiting for him to make a simple pass. What makes it worse is that Hunt made him the captain, when in my opinion, he's detrimental to the team.
                  After the great performances by Andre Steele and Akeem Brown against the US, I was sure at least one of them would start but no, Hunt stuck to his old dumb tactics. As usual everyone in attendance was shouting for him to put on Steele. Is Hunt stupid? Steele was the best player in the little series we had against Mexico and this fool hardly let him play in the knockout. I'm glad he resigned but he should've done that before he cost us elimination.
                  All goals scored against us throughout this whole knockout came from the left side of defense(attacking right). Any sensible coach would make the necessary adjustments to prevent that. All the teams knew we were weak on the left and they all attacked us and scored from there. Trini scored from a goalkeeping error.
                  Congrats to Trinidad still, but I doubt they'll do well in WC according to how they played last night. I can't believe they played so awful and still qualified. That's life. They have a WHOLE LOT of preparing to do if they are to do well in WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    We had numerous chances, good chances, to go ahead. But we didn't, partly because the Trini goalie was excellent on the day! And partly because our shooting plain stunk!

But had we qualified we would still have some serious work to do in preparation for Korea. And T&T better believe they also have some serious work to do!

You say the only issue that count are positive results. Fine! But how do you achieve those positive results?

I say we are missing the real issues because the blame for the lack of success lies squarely at Boxhill's feet, apparently. I'm trying to say that may be true ("the buck stops at the president's desk") but even while the president should accept the buck, what next? Do we continue with the same coaching staff? Do we continue with the same system in our schools? Do we get the academy completed? Do we fix our infrastructure? Do we improve our preparation?

Playing the "world champions" Mexico was clearly not enuff. How should we really have prepared?

We may have to sort out issues regarding the role of the TD in all of this.

There are numerous questions, many of which would have unfortunately died had we qualified. Boxhill cannot be the only problem! Nor can I!!!
                    I thought we got complacent after beating and drawing with Mexico in those warm up games we played. A better measure of where we are would have been to bring Haiti here after they qualified over Mexico, to give us a better indication of where we stand.

And while we played Mexico and left it at that, the Trinis also hosted the Mexicans in warm-up games...but they didnt leave it there, they played Honduras and Venezuela away too.

Our under-20's had very little preperation for their games also...
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Play awful. well imagine if we played good was a stern cutts arse fuh JA ... YUH ADMITT DEY THAT TRINI BETTER....
                      ...... It hard eh you beat mexico we did not ..... Boss we played to the team plan even the raido show commentators who were biased most of the night said that rule 101 out number yah opponets while defending. We slowEd the game down killed the JA momentum that wha you called smart playing... And about 95% WHAT A JOKE yuh going ova board now i head that game ... you all had 60% possession. But mek me ask yuh who had the better chances? The first half i know fuh one was evenly matched the second half them guys played to instructions

Again you talk bout us not doing well in the U17WC so i assume we would do well cause you was the same man saying we finishing dead last . And also yuh bawl kenwyne jones nuh good but him score 16 goals and he was injured fuh about 6 weeks in the season. Oh and lets not forget talent yuh say we talent dry up but yet still peltier , guerra and hyland will soon be heading to portmouth when their doucments is fixed up...continue with the prediction bredrin

Comment

Working...
                      X