X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Concur

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    And the Germans
    Having watched every game so far, I am forced to agree that France, the Netherlands and Germany have (in my opinion) been the most impressive teams so far.

Comment

...but which TEAMs do you think would perform better against the best TEAM IN THE WORLD (i.e. the German TEAM), the CAF teams or the CONCACAF teams?
      Well I don't know if the German team is the best team in the world. It is certainly ONE of the best teams, as are Brazil, Italy and to a lesser extent Uruguay.

Given what we have seen with the results against those teams so far, the answer to your question is CONCACAF by a light year! LOL.

Let us see how Ghana does against the Germans. I think they will lose by at least 2 clear goals. Poor defense against those teams means you will likely be scored against, early and often.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Well I don't know if the German team is the best team in the world. It is certainly ONE of the best teams, as are Brazil, Italy and to a lesser extent Uruguay.

Given what we have seen with the results against those teams so far, the answer to your question is CONCACAF by a light year! LOL.

Let us see how Ghana does against the Germans. I think they will lose by at least 2 clear goals. Poor defense against those teams means you will likely be scored against, early and often.
        I think I see this in your post: If Ghana beats the Germans then "the Germans are not the best TEAM in the World"?

If that was implied or the thinking...then...
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          King Karl, I stopped reading your post after you said 'the French are not a good set of players'.
          HL?
          Cho man in that post I put in parenthesis as emphasis on/that the FRENCH have/FRANCE has a good set of players!!!
          Cho man...nuh seh wah mi nuh seh!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No. They Germany will still be ONE of the best teams, as they are today.

If Ghana beats the Germans they would have shown me that they more than just a collection of skillful players. So far that is all the African teams have shown me. I would like them to underpromise and overdeliver for a change.

The African teams are performing at a level that is way below the sum of the players talent, while CONCACAF teams are performing at a level that is greater than the sum of the players talent. If those are not the best illustrations of what anti-TEAM and TEAM is about I do not know what is.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              No. They Germany will still be ONE of the best teams, as they are today.
              OK!

If Ghana beats the Germans they would have shown me that they more than just a collection of skillful players. So far that is all the African teams have shown me. I would like them to underpromise and overdeliver for a change.
              They are more than a collection of skillful players. ...but point taken, they are playing waaaay below full potential.

The African teams are performing at a level that is way below the sum of the players talent, while CONCACAF teams are performing at a level that is greater than the sum of the players talent. If those are not the best illustrations of what anti-TEAM and TEAM is about I do not know what is.
              Agreed!

Comment

French were MUCH more clinical.

I lived in France before Switzerland you know!!! Hahahahaha

Comment

Pogba is the upcoming Talisman, the next in line to Platini and Zidane lineage.

Comment

Working...
                  X