RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jawge!!! I can't defend Bradley any longer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does goal line technology and the ref getting an electronic message confirming goal or not goal sit well with you or is that too radical as well?

There is never 45 minutes of non-stop football anyway. However maybe the jump ball is not the best way to restart.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuh kno wah?
      It did not ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I was surprised. Never heard of it before-hand.
      Guess it gets my vote. May prevent deaths or serious injury.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Jump ball(my bad)is a reason to feel bad...
        Regarding goal line technology,am I asking too much to want to see an image of the actual ball and goal line?
        It is simulated hence..
        There have been changes to the game,offside,offences now 'cardable',added protection for keeper etc.Didn't hear any objections from this "traditionist".

Comment

Explain.

Comment

I had no issues with it. I think players' health is of paramount importance.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

HL if your bwoy Bradley was tired; he could signal the coach to take him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                Hated the halt in the game for a water break.
                Will they get a break every 15 minutes in Qatar 2022 where the temperature will be over 100 degrees?
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Didn't he loose that ball that led to Portugal's 2nd goal, with seconds left. A WC/team veteran he should know & do better when it comes to protecting the ball at that stage of the game.
                  This boy showed more fight & better decision making when his father was coach.
                  Yeah!!! Young Yedlin did well. He played U20 last year.
                  Beasley showing that he still have some life in those 32 year old legs & still playing smart.
                  Jones played another good game, as did Howard, Johnson & Dempsey. Besler is a warrior.

Comment

We have no problems with them, but there was some "fight" with Chandler's call up, as he was somewhat reluctant to make his full commitment until late, & they thought Green (born in Tampa) was inexperienced & not ready for the WC.

Comment

I guess he was tired from the start of the game.

Comment

He played way better with energy, fight & consistency when his father was coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          What HL,firstly the idea to stop the game in play and restart it with a jumped ball will NEVER sit well with me.As I alluded to,there is no evidence of the policy is needed,the players will become dependent on it.
                          45 minutes of non stop football!
                          Rock, it's about playing above a certain temp. and humidity. I think this is the first time done in the world cup.

I have seen this time-out water break used in other games. My only beef is that the break should have been 5-10 minutes earlier.

It is quite a sensible idea--left to the discretion of the ref (and the set standard in temp. and humidity).

Sorry it does not sit well with you; but it sits well with those involved.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            HL do you guys in the US embrace the German players in your squad like how the Jamaican people embrace the UB40's?
                            Dunny, football is all about winning:

The US coach knows that the contingent from Germany has an establish mentality towards the game. His job is made easier because of this fact.

Jamaicans think their approach to the game is world class. They do not need any help.

Or, maybe pride is getting in the way of "common-sense"(?).
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                              Will they get a break every 15 minutes in Qatar 2022 where the temperature will be over 100 degrees?
                              More like every 5 minutes. 120 degrees heat is no play thing.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I just checked; it's just after 2 AM in Qatar and the temperature is 27C or 81F with humidity at 58%. Maybe that's when they'll play the matches?! Tomorrow's high is 41C or 106F with humidity of 13% (not bad btw) but the temperature... they may have to play with sprinklers going...
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X