Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26/06/2014 17:00, Report by Communications Dept

United sign Ander Herrera

Manchester United is delighted to announce that, after triggering the buy-out clause in his contract on Tuesday, it has signed Spanish midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Club in Bilbao, pending the receipt of the International Transfer Certificate. He joins on a four-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

Ander, 24, from Bilbao, joined Athletic Club from Real Zaragoza in 2011 and has since made 128 appearances, scoring 11 goals. He has been capped by Spain at Under-20, Under-21 and Under-23 level.
    Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Ander is a fantastic young player, with great energy and creativity. We believe him to be one of the brightest young prospects in Spain and I am certain he will be a big hit with the United fans. I’m delighted he has made the decision to come to Manchester and play his part in the club’s future. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action on our summer tour to America.”
    Ander Herrera said: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. Having arrived on Tuesday, I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt. I will never forget my time with Athletic Club and I’d like to thank the fans and staff for all their support and, above all, wish all my fantastic former team-mates all the best for the future."
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

S/b Pretty "sure" Kagawa...

Comment

27/06/2014 15:00, Report by Communications Dept

Shaw signs for United

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton Football Club. He joins on a four-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

Shaw, 18, recently gained his third cap for England and was the youngest player to feature in this year’s World Cup campaign. The left-back has made 67 appearances for Southampton since making his debut in 2012.
        Luke Shaw said: "I am thrilled and excited to be joining Manchester United. I have been at Southampton since I was eight years old and I would like to thank them and the fans for everything they have done for me. I want to continue to progress my career and joining United is the ideal place for me to do that. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life and also looking forward to learning from the world-class players and management at the club."
        Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Luke is a very talented young left-back with great potential. He has developed immensely during his time at Southampton and has all the attributes to become a top player. I am delighted he has joined Manchester United as I believe this is the right club for him to continue his development as a young player and eventually fulfil that promise."
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Giggs making concessions that Shaw is a work on progress,not addressing the price tag attached....
          Two young signings,both viable players for their country four years from now.
          The question really is Fabio or Shaw,and then there is Butner too?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            Giggs making concessions that Shaw is a work on progress,not addressing the price tag attached....
            Two young signings,both viable players for their country four years from now.
            The question really is Fabio or Shaw,and then there is Butner too?
            Buttner signed for some Russian or Ukraine team. Fabio's MU career is over.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

News to me,thanks Lazie.

Comment

Mr. President, do you think we should cough up the 60m and go after Pogba? He is the midfield Don in France's team and his potential is through the roof. He reminds me as the younger but more dynamic version of Yaya.

Comment

Glad you made the comparison,Yaya certainly has proven to be a must have for City.
                  Pogba hasn't even begin to show his best;he does not lose his ball easily,he could stay all day in the midfield because of his ability to make looong diagonal passes,and he has a decent looong range shot.

Comment

So do you think we should break the bank to get him or allow Chel$ki to get him? This was a SAF screw up big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Mr. President, do you think we should cough up the 60m and go after Pogba? He is the midfield Don in France's team and his potential is through the roof. He reminds me as the younger but more dynamic version of Yaya.
                      I doubt he would return to the Empire. Fergie clearly focked up that Boxing Day leaving this youth on the bench while using Rafael in midfield. A bad decision by Fergie we still regret.

Read that Fergie was offered James Rodriguez and he chose to sign Bebe instead? WTF!
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                      X