My prayers go out for Neymar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My prayers go out for Neymar

who was injured and will be out for the rest of the WC.

Back injury is no joke; I hope Neymar recovers and play as he once did. This WC is getting to be the worst with the shoddy refereeing. The ref allowed the game to get out of hand.I'm not even interested in watching the WC anymore.

Is that fact? that he will be out for the rest of the WC...? I hope it isn't serious. and I am disappointed for they can't win without him.
    Peter R

Comment

Yup fact; it's all over ESPN. Doctors said lower vertebra broken but does not require surgery. Just sad that's all.

Comment

Yes, the third vertebrae is broken and will be out of commission for weeks. He will miss the rest of the World Cup for sure.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

My Brazil Supporterz Club membership that I turned in in 1998 is being reinstated.

I am an official supporter for the remainder of the 2014 World Cup.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tilla and Mo: Notice how it's been treated casually on ESPN? No calls for bans. The ref and the Colombian player should be banned from the WC for life.

The player did not go for the ball , he went for Neymar. I kept telling people that one cannot judge the severity of contact from a two dimensional device (tv). I'm really not even interested to watch anymore. They all thought Brasil would have been out or they should be able to beat Brasil. What they forget is that this Brasil team may be average compared to past selecao but not average compared to the rest of the world. This truth will be revealed come next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              Tilla and Mo: Notice how it's been treated casually on ESPN? No calls for bans. The ref and the Colombian player should be banned from the WC for life.

The player did not go for the ball , he went for Neymar. I kept telling people that one cannot judge the severity of contact from a two dimensional device (tv). I'm really not even interested to watch anymore. They all thought Brasil would have been out or they should be able to beat Brasil. What they forget is that this Brasil team may be average compared to past selecao but not average compared to the rest of the world. This truth will be revealed come next Tuesday.
              Jawge - the foul was blatant. No question about that. But the refereeing was absolutely shambolic. There were so many fouls on the Colombians that were not carded that the reaction was - while not acceptable - predictable. It is FIFA's way - they are a despicable organization. There are enough methods available to properly judge the game fairly and honestly to reduce the frustration on and off the field but they do nothing about it. The organization is complete effry. I do hope Neymar recovers to his former self...no one deserves what he is about to go through.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

As horrible as the foul was, I don't think it deserves a lengthy ban, if any. These kinds of collisions often a lot in football.

I think the referee deserves some sort of punishment for doing a poor job. Had he nipped the fouls in the bud from early, then perhaps Zuniga would have thought twice before doing what he did.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Neymar is a great loss for Brazil. I think others will step up to the plate and fill the void. It will not be easy, but there are players in the squad who are capable of stepping up to make the difference.

I am hoping the injury does not affect Neymar long term, both physically and psychologically.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Neymar is a great loss for Brazil. I think others will step up to the plate and fill the void. It will not be easy, but there are players in the squad who are capable of stepping up to make the difference.

I am hoping the injury does not affect Neymar long term, both physically and psychologically.
                    Like who? I genuinely do not know the squad. I know Jo and some other player came off the bench previously and they did not impress.
                    Peter R

Comment

I hope he takes a year off recovering for liverpools sake and of course 23 million dollars...lol
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Zuniga made no attempt to play the ball.

That was no more a collision that Suarez teem meeting shoulder.

Comment

I have been thinking that Willian could step to the plate, although he is an attacking midfielder. He works well with Oscar for Chelsea and I am sure that with Neymar out of the picture, other players will not be looking to Neymar for everything.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-hands-3821796

Comment

Is there is a reason why you spell it as Neamar? Is the "y" key working on your laptop?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sorry teacher! Do I get credit for spelling it correctly in the couple post above this one?

I guess I am hooked on phonics.

Comment

Working...
                              X