Super skill with good speed - Messi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just their fastest speed clocked on the field over a definitive period of
    Time, not sure if that is one second or at least three to five r actually just a snapshot to fastest speed. My guess would be they move their fastest while moving to catch a down the live pass where pure speed is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Karl, "speed" and "acceleration" are two different things. In first form I learned that acceleration is "the rate of change of speed".
      Therefore, I am agreeing with BT on this.
      The context is, of the footballer 'getting from point 'a' to point 'b'...'getting the drop' on his opponent or no.

top players are able to *accelerate quickly over very small distances and change direction rapidly......speed means nothing
      I would bet my bottom dollar that in this instance...Bricktop did not mean a player moving at a slow pace and then slowly picking up his pace? ...but rather moving swiftly from a standing start or from slow rate of coverage of distance to more rapid...much more rapid covering of distance? Right?

The context within which Bricktop spoke, as I understood it, had all to do with the time within which a certain distance...is covered, can be covered relative to others (=specifically other footballers).

Would his use of acceleration be=rapidity in moving=time it takes to get from point 'a' to point 'b'?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X