From the senior coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    That maybe so, but I am not one of them and to suggest that I am is a downright lie!

I have gone on the say that the extra curricular football is all about school spirit and bragging rights not about developing national talent.
    And you are right. Schoolboy football this year was, from all reports, downright dreadful! The almost all-conquering JC team was not considered brilliant by many pundits. (And please don't pronounce that word as "poondit"!) This was frightening because I knew they would still be better than the D-Cup winners.

Schoolboy football, being about bragging rights, does not encourage the "playing of football". Aruba, as awful as they have been, have tried to play football. What I have witnessed from Jamaica is...I don't even know how to describe that garbage!

They may eventually win one match in this tourney but it will be because we are faster, bigger and stronger than the ordinary, but trying, Arubans.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[QUOTE=Don1;505721] They perhaps don't place the importance you do on schools and see progress only thru an academy.

And that is the crux of the matter.
      Gamma claims school football is and must remain poor - His words were along the line of it being recreational. ...but that is in the context of what we know about its standard...POOR = AWFUL!

I agree with you that school ball has a role to play in youth football development....just not the main role. Jamaica is too small & poor to ignore the infrastructure and resources in schools.
      OK!
      ...but...
      How do you quantify that "main role"?

My stance is and has always been both outside academies i.e. clubs and stand-alone academies= say, JFF's or its Confederations or private enterprise academies and those in schools are of equal importance.

Early Childhood development has been seen to be irreplaceable part of any development of man. The schools provide us with captive vast numbers of our talented youngsters. Specific to youth development at football, those numbers of the talented found in our schools shall always vastly outnumber any such accommodated by our football academies when they 'arrive'.

Just cannot see us satisfying the demand for quality training and education. History tells us...our history...that we are not providing either the quality or quantity places needed for academic development. With that as guide I cannot see us providing same for any other activity....sports, vocation, technical, IT, whatever??? It follows then that we must maximize on that we have.

That main football development role should belong to an academy system...especially since our semi-pro clubs are on a permanent disabled list and are unable to add much value to ballas. That aint changing any time soon
      This speaks to our (We Jamaicans) being unable to, or lack the capacity to improve delivery of education...and specific to this case, our football development. Sorry, boss: Cannot accept that! Refuse to accept that!

The easiest way to immediately improve standards in school ball is for both Manning & DCup to be reformed into 2 tier divisional leagues with the strongest teams in one league and the weaker ones in a lower league. Then having a promotion/demotion system for perpetual renewal.

Fortunately someone has already shown the way to modernize the backward school league system ... the Lime Cup is a step forward but doesn't go far enuff.

This is the way... http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...referrerid=298

It's really not difficult
      It is debatable if that is our easiest route in context of long term development of our young talents. ...but it surely is a route.

Just to repeat: My stance is coordination of efforts as we maximize on what we have/what is!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X