RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top ten fastest ballers in the world!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Well back at you, Don1- What did Stoni say? What did he say to which you vehemently disagreed? ☺
    Rather than do that circus it's simpler for you just to tell me what conclusion you're referring to
    Last edited by Don1; April 10, 2015, 09:59 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What them say, one man's garbage is another man's treasure and wait you are asking me to bring more, maybe thou dost protest too much.

Don't worry it s all good, no matter what if given the choice between the top snowman and the number six fast man on this list you would pick Humber six fast man.

The ball may travel 10x faster than the man Don1 the only time that really matters is beating the goalie, as all other time you are passing the ball to another man with a defender in tow, so speed/skill combination is the cornerstone of creating players who can be truly productive ie score goals and assists at a better than 50percent clip relative to games played.

This is the very reason why we have only produced two top five hundred players in the last thirty years and why we struggle to produce more because we continually deceive ourselves on what we are really producing, not one productive attacking midfielder in a top ten league in thirty years, maybe that should read one hundred years, save for Andy Williams and he was not fast, can you imagine if he was???!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Rather than do that circus it's simpler for you just to tell me what conclusion you're referring to
        I guess you know what you were saying...????
        ...but it appears clear to me you took a stance opposite to the one Stoni had taken!!!

I will say it again: Stoni is bang on!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          The ball may travel 10x faster than the man Don1 the only time that really matters is beating the goalie, as all other time you are passing the ball to another man with a defender in tow,
          This is where you're wrong. You are seeing football as a series of man vs man races ..i.e. Champs

Since the ball travels so much faster than players...the advantage of foot speed is reduced. What this ball speed scenario optimizes is the value of PASSING the ball and PLAYER POSITIONING.

Conversely, if the ball were to be speed-limited to travel at the velocity of the fastest player....foot speed would probably be the #1 success factor in football.

So the FASTER teams can move the ball around...the less the value of foot speed. To move the ball fast requires fast thinking, passing and player positioning into time-critical space.

Because passing & positioning are MUCH more VALUABLE than foot speed...slow, but tactically/technically gifted teams like Mexico will beat lightning fast & physical Jamaica 80-90% of the time

Foot speed adds the most value AFTER tactical & technical elements are mastered... and can be decisive at that point.

Unfortunately you have it backward. We don't have a foot speed "problem". Rather than searching for naturally fast players...our focus should be on TEACHING players a tactical style suited to our ball culture.
          Last edited by Don1; April 11, 2015, 02:35 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I guess you know what you were saying...????
            ...but it appears clear to me you took a stance opposite to the one Stoni had taken!!!

I will say it again: Stoni is bang on!!!
            You can say bang on all you want ...no worries

Since I came to several conclusions...I merely want to know which one you're referring to ...dats all

Comment

I agree with all you are saying, difference is that I want the table on speed set higher, I don't want to see any attacking am with 12 whole heap speed and slow reaction. We can easily set the requirement so that none of those players come all the way through the talent pool into the national squads, they are a liability, unless their skill and production level is off the chart. Exceptions can be made but only through consistent production. Thus I f we produce a faster and quicker reacting Am they will be better able to make the transition and make the grade at the top level leagues. Nobody is recruiting slow jamaican/ Caribbean players unless them have Andy Williams type skills. Let's lift the quality requirement a little higher. Notice no Blue mountain beans grow at sea level, the requirement is set so that they can produce a consistently good standard, same thing here.

I cannot understand why you are so scared of requirements, requirements lead to a more consistent product.

Here is what my minimum standard would look like before you can play on any national team.
              1. 100 meter speed and speed endurance to run the 100 in less than 12seconds flat.
              2. Must be able to run a ten k in less than fifty minutes.
              3. 100 Burpees in less than five minutes.
              4. Must be able to bench press your own weight, three sets of twelve, consecutively, thirty seconds rest between each round.
              5. Tested reaction time in the ninetieth percentile of the population.

That is pretty easy stuff, but I know some of our guys could not do it.

Comment

Stonigut;516244]I agree with all you are saying, difference is that I want the table on speed set higher, I don't want to see any attacking am with 12 whole heap speed and slow reaction. We can easily set the requirement so that none of those players come all the way through the talent pool into the national squads, they are a liability, unless their skill and production level is off the chart. Exceptions can be made but only through consistent production. Thus I f we produce a faster and quicker reacting Am they will be better able to make the transition and make the grade at the top level leagues. Nobody is recruiting slow jamaican/ Caribbean players unless them have Andy Williams type skills. Let's lift the quality requirement a little higher. Notice no Blue mountain beans grow at sea level, the requirement is set so that they can produce a consistently good standard, same thing here.
                No problem with this

I cannot understand why you are so scared of requirements, requirements lead to a more consistent product.

Here is what my minimum standard would look like before you can play on any national team.
                1. 100 meter speed and speed endurance to run the 100 in less than 12seconds flat.
                2. Must be able to run a ten k in less than fifty minutes.
                3. 100 Burpees in less than five minutes.
                4. Must be able to bench press your own weight, three sets of twelve, consecutively, thirty seconds rest between each round.
                5. Tested reaction time in the ninetieth percentile of the population.

That is pretty easy stuff, but I know some of our guys could not do it.
                I'm not with you on this approach. It seems Americanized i.e. like their "football" or baseball testing. I think football is so nuanced that a data-centric approach like yours is not appropriate

I want to assess players mainly based on these factors which are not easy to reduce to a mere data point:

Have good technical attributes...and the ability to improve as required

Learn & execute the tactical playing structures of coaches...and the flexibility to effectively change based on game situations

Super fitness

Desire for group success and commitment to give 200% to the cause

Leadership qualities on & off the field

Versatility and willingness to play different roles as required

Ability to gell with teammates, add to team chemistry and engage public support as the 12th man

Dats juss me doh

Comment

Not sure Stoni appreciates Karl's bang ons.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, very true and sometimes initial acceleration is not always about or driven by speed it s about 'fire' and who is burning with desire, as everybody can remember in playing ball some fast man play ball slow and some man that was slow play with grit and determination so them always hot.

What we are also totally missing as well is response time and how to measure that, quantify it and use it in selection process.

Guys like Iniesta and Xavi etc are able to recognize a situation prior to hand and if a pass is made their brain consistently processes that info faster, their body receives the ball with less drama just making the process tine of receipt to pass, shorter, smoother thus giving another type of advantage in time, similar to what speed does in certain situations. We are not even measuring this type of process time or Identif or selection process based on hard measurements, I can assure you the Spanish are doing this and the Germans and you can see that in the efficiency of play and also in the possession stats.

But some people don't want to look at evidence, them call it stats and it is an evil 'artificial intelligence' Babylon system kind of thing.

Acceleration and space covered in tine is our quick solution to the problem of gaining time on an opponent but we have not figured out how to use it as we keep selecting slow pokes in key roles on our teams and they can barely make it outside the a Rspl as their skill is insufficient to make up for the lack of speed or desire.

Another problem we have, sorry X, is weed, which definitely slows down response time or that is what I have seen over the years. It certainly does quicken response tine.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Not if you can read the game. Again Terry, and Pirlo couldn't step away from a 10 year old.
                      ...as I have said until I am sick of 'hearing myself at it'...always when selecting players there is taken into consideration compensating factors within context of searching for 'fastest of players with greatest of technical - inclusive of athletic ability e.g. great balance, highest of jumper, strong as an Ox, etc. - and tactical (brilliant mind) ability'.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I hear you, but take the best of America and one thing they do well is almost none of the best physical talent get marginalized unless there are other 'issues'

For every non producing, non achieving guy we place on the national team and sit them there too long with the least physical abilities we are denying the real youths from being there. We must set the bar high so we can see who will go the extra mile to get to that place.

Hey you did read the young warriors at JC, probably not seeing the overly English/Victorian sentiment at JC you were all probably reading Oliver Twist and Wuthering Heights and loving it.

In the young warriors, a book about the test of 12 yo maroon kids they had to go through a rigorous requirements testing to be called a maroon man that included long distances, feeding themselves from the land and I think bringing back food, can't remember, in a certain number of days.

Requirements testing and standards weeds out the malcontents and the weak, our football system promotes malcontents and faves of the strongest shouters and supporters, who have the best moment of individual brilliance rather than who consistently brings home the bacon, he'll we can't even figure out how to measure the bacon, we still don't track the thing that is the most critical piece in the development of the passing fame in jamaica, recognizing the assist and the importance of this in crafting thinking and brains into seeing the merits of helping to score a goal and getting recognized for that versus getting the goal myself even though somebody else is in a better position to score.

Comment

searching for 'fastest of players with greatest of technical - inclusive of athletic ability e.g. great balance, highest of jumper, strong as an Ox, etc. - and tactical (brilliant mind) ability'.
                          ....how many Ronaldo's can you find in the world right now?
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What does that have to do with...
                            - Concept of trying to get squad of 'best'?

...or...

- The reality of picking your best available players?

Comment

Karl there is something to be said of the "not so natural player" who may not be be good at most of these but can add something to your team. There is something to be said of the shorty malcolm, Gareth Barry, Lee Catermole etc.

There are some like Beckham, Scholes, etc who wouldn't pass any of this physical test but give a chance can make your selection look bad.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                Karl there is something to be said of the "not so natural player" who may not be be good at most of these but can add something to your team. There is something to be said of the shorty malcolm, Gareth Barry, Lee Catermole etc.
                                Yes!
                                ...and Yes?

There are some like Beckham, Scholes, etc who wouldn't pass any of this physical test but give a chance can make your selection look bad.
                                Could not pass any of the physical tests?
                                You are joking of course!
                                ...or are you saying, Beckham and Scholes were not blessed with great pace? If this latter you would be correct but in the context of comparison with our (Jamaica) players and not TOP OF THE WORLD pace, Beckham and Scholes were fast!

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ity#post490975
                                Last edited by Karl; April 12, 2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X